General Motors

Updated 27 Feb, 2015
Updated 27 Feb, 2015

2.8

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Went their booth in my university career fair, had a nice conversation with recruiters and dropped my resume. Meanwhile, I applied through my school's career service system. After about 1 week, I was notified for the on-campus interview , which is a back to back interview with 2 financial associates. They asked both behaviour and technical questions.

Entry Level - Vehicle Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at General Motors in January 2015.

Total of three interviews. Two on campus, and a site visit. The on campus interviews are usually on two consecutive days, and the site visits fallows in two weeks. First interview is with a Requiting representative and upon approval of this initial interview the second interview, a behavioral technical interview, is next. Next, the site visit will provide you an opportunity to better understand your potential work location and assignments. At the end, you would get an employment offer following the site visit.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a case where your decision had dis satisfactory results for the team or people you were working with, how you handled the situation, and what you learned from it.   Answer Question

Operations Engineer Interview

Had my resume pulled from career services at my university. We had a phone screening, and I was contacted the next week to set up a face-to-face interview. The process took three to four weeks overall. It was one of the easier interviews I've been to. The people were extremely nice and personable. Overall a great learning experience!

Interview Questions
    • They had a series of behavioral questions (tell me about a time when..) with three answers to each: Give me an example, What was the outcome, what did you learn? There was also one additional technical question. It's not a "whats the port number of HTTP" type question, but rather "solve this problem" type thing.   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at General Motors in January 2015.

The interview process was very simple. They had a booth at the career fair on campus. They gave me a next day interview after talking to them at the fair. The next day, I went in the morning for two interviews. They were back to back and both behavioral questions. Ended with any questions I had for them.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time where you went out of your way to help a client or customer   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

the process started with a behavioral interview. The interviewer seemed interested but rushed at the same time like he had heard it all before. There were only three questions and it seemed like it didn't really get the entire picture.

Design Release Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at General Motors.

There was an initial 30 minute to 1 hour screening survey that had behavior based question. Following that I had two one hour interviews on site that were a similar style. I was given an offer the same day after the interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time in which you had to solve a problem without having all of the information available.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at General Motors.

Met at career fair and the recruiter was very nice and easy to talk to. Was invited for an interview the next morning on campus. Interview isn't extremely hard but not easy either. They ask you 3 different situational questions and what you learned, how you reacted, etc about each situation.

Interview Questions
    • The hardest for me was talking about a time when I had to learn on the fly   View Answer

Director Planning/Program Management Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at General Motors.

Most commonly a face-to-face Targeted Interview process is used, typically with two interviewers from the function participating. Two or three rounds are to be expected: the first by a Human Resources business partner, the second by potential supervisor and trusted adviser, sometimes a third by would-be peers. If you are a top candidate, a brief 10 min chat with the functional executive may take place to ensure internal alignment.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in which you had to go really out of the ordinary to salvage it: what did you do, and why?   Answer Question
    There was not much negotiation scope; folks do not have much room to play with.

Assembly Line Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lordstown, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lordstown, OH (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at General Motors.

Pass a drug test. That's literally all you have to do. Some people got by that. There is a simple skills test, but it's nothing major. There is a small personality test although I couldn't imagine anyone failing. I think most of the process is to make sure you are capable of respecting other people's rights and showing up to work on time every day. I imagine the older people there didn't take any tests like that so they are often difficult to deal with for everyone.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Their way or the highway.

Data Analyst Interview

Asked 3 questions and told me to elaborate on software I have developed. What was your greatest achievement? Etc what was your favorite class? What kind of java programs have you created? Very nice interviewer