General Motors

Updated 25 Nov, 2014
Updated 25 Nov, 2014

2.8

Engineer Interview

A 1-to-1 behavior interview over the phone. It's following the STAR approach typically used in behavior interviews. You need to give examples for each questions they asked. The interview lasted about an hour long.

MArketing CoOp Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at General Motors in June 2014.

The interview is on campus and it last for about 40 minutes. The two managers are very kind and we had a great talk. It is really a talk I think. No behavior questions or academic questions. Just talk what you want to talk.

Production Group Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oshawa, ON

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at General Motors in May 2014.

I applied through a co-op office and received a call for interview within a week. The 30 minute interview was conducted by 2 interviewers at the company. Interview begins with general description of the company, as well as some brief questions to assess your work elegibility. They then move on to 3 behavioural questions that are tied to the position, and must be answered in Situation-Task-Action-Result format. Conclude with a Q&A session.

Accepted another position as part of my co-op program.

Digital Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oshawa, ON

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at General Motors.

Was called in for an interview after applying for a job 2 months ago. Was told ahead of time about the format which was going to be incredibly formal with a series of pre-approved questions from HR for the first round. After this initial in person interview, it took another month before I received a phone call from someone in HR at a US based office. They informed me I was a finalist and verified some of my information. Yet another month later, was informed they were not pursuing my candidacy after all. Overall, the process was very confusing and time consuming - seems like there is a big disconnect between hiring departments.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were scenario based so be prepared with examples - however, the one that got me in particular was about a task that had failed or gone wrong and how it was dealt with. I gave an scenario that was team based and they specifically needed a personal failure. Not to toot my own horn but I struggled to give an example where I alone failed in a situation.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oshawa, ON

interviewed at General Motors in February 2014.

Applied online through the company website took few months to get the interview call. Received a call from the HR rep and the time for interview along with the day was flexible. There was only one interview with two managers and all they asked were behavioural questions. They want to know more about you and what you can do rather than the technical aspect as you can learn that once you start work if you are dedicated. The interviewers were really friendly and laid back I didnt feel even a little nervous after the first few questions.

Interview Questions
    • None. All were straight forward behavioural questions.   Answer Question
    Not much negotiation as I didn't have that much experience.

TPT Interview

Hiring decision made based on resume without an interview.

Design Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at General Motors.

There was one interview. Was sat in a group of others who were also being interviewed (for different positions) in a room where a brief presentation on what GM was about took place. Then I was interviewed by two engineers, one at a time. The questions generally took the STAR interview approach.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a time when you had to solve a problem where others before you had failed.   Answer Question

Design and Release Engineer Interview

I applied through their official online portal. At the time I was only warming up to the job search process. I was surprised to get a phone interview. A HR recruiter called me. Very professional and cordial. Started asking me questions about skills relating to the position. He seemed to like the fact that I had most of the qualifications, and in a way encouraged me to answer positively on the ones that I was border-line. We did a couple of email follow-ups, and that ended up being the end of the process.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing that I can think of. Just keep your calm, and don't appear overly eager or too disinterested.   Answer Question

Camy Assemply Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, ON

I applied through college or university – interviewed at General Motors.

It's an internship position. Interviewed with 2 supervisors of the plant.

Advanced Energy Systems Engineer Interview

Applied through my school's internship program. Asked me personal questions about teamwork and leadership.