General Motors

Updated 10 Nov, 2014

2.5

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Associate Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at General Motors in October 2014.

I was recruited at campus recruiting. Went through a basic screen (non-technical). I made it to the interview and it was largely behavioral, but they did ask about project I had worked on and we discussed technical aspects. No random questions about beam bending or anything, just about what I had worked on and put on my resume. They also flew potential hires out to Michigan, which was honestly a lot of fun and very informative.

Interview Questions
  • They asked me to describe a time that I had to publicly admit to making a mistake.   View Answer

It was a really really good offer, but I wanted to stay in California.

Other Interview Reviews for General Motors

Associate Software Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at General Motors in March 2013.

The hiring process consisted of 2 interviews. The first one was behavioral and the second one was technical. Many others did not take the technical interview if they came from a college in their recruiting list.

Interview Questions
    • It was data base related. It was hard for me as my background is in computer engineering not computer science.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate. I should have.

Associate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at General Motors in March 2013.

Two round interview process. Behavioral rounds, nothing technical. They mainly assess your thinking ability, if you can adapt to different environments, your role in the team, difficult situations you dealt with.

Interview Questions
    • Did you ever take any decision against the team and did you succeed?   Answer Question

Associate Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at General Motors in February 2013.

Received interview through a campus career fair. Interviewed with two hiring managers(separately). We discussed my résumé, then they asked a few behavioral questions. Received an offer a week later.