Genentech Interview Questions

Updated 30 Mar, 2015
Updated 30 Mar, 2015

3.2

Intake Coordinator Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Genentech.

This was a panel interview with supervisors and manager. Most were behavioral questions but was also asked why I want to be within part of the company. The questions were not unexpected, they all go into depth of Genentech's core competencies

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with repetition in this job?   View Answer

Senior Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Genentech.

There was an initial phone interview with HR, then another phone interview with the hiring manager, then an in-person interview lasting 1 day. The in-person interview consisted of 30 minute long interviews with the hiring manager and other individuals within the department, both other SRAs and Senior Scientists. There was also a requirement to give a presentation on recent scientific work.

Interview Questions
    • Are you sure that you are committed to doing bench research long-term?   Answer Question

Senior Regulatory Affairs Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Genentech.

It was a pretty grueling interview process. I was a there from 8am to 5pm in a conference room with different interviewers coming in every hour. The only breaks I had were between interviews if one ended early or the next person was late. An admin brought me lunch but there was no break to eat. Naturally the toughest interviewer was at the end, grilling me when I was exhausted and hungry. I suppose that may have been a tactic to see how I handle stress.

I was offered the job but for a regulatory associate, not Sr. Associate as I had applied for. I considered not taking it because the interview process gave a bad impression.

IT Service Desk Interview

Group interview of 40 candidates and with 20 people observing. you will be grouped into tables or maybe 10 people. As a group you will be asked to complete a set of tasks while employees walk around and observe the different groups as they work. you then get called one by one for a panel interview with 3 employees.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Genentech.

There was an initial phone screen after which I was brought in for live interviews. The phone screen consisted of a walk through my resume and some high-level discussion around why I was interested in this role in particular. It probed into my strengths. The live interviews were behavioral and focused on how I worked, with emphasis on teamwork.

Interview Questions
    • Why Genentech?   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of how you brought a team with different opinions together.   View Answer
    • Give an example of how you transitioned to a new role and how you knew you were successful or unsuccessful?   View Answer
    • Give an example of how you've dealt with conflict at work   View Answer
    • Give an example of when you failed at something. What did you learn?   View Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Genentech in March 2015.

I met the first hiring manager during a campus event and he told me he doesn't really hire international students but then I was referred to another hiring manger. This hiring manger is really awesome. I was applying for business support position so he asked me some business questions. He also asked me persona questions.

Interview Questions
    • How do you go about addressing something that you don't want to do?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Genentech in March 2015.

It was a general phone interview, which lasted for about half an hour. They first emailed me and gave some time slots for me to choose and called me punctually.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer asked a few behavior questions first, followed by some basic knowledge about proteins. Pretty much related with the research that is going on in the department.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

The interview was a behavioral Interview on mostly questions about my resume. There was a strong emphasis on talking about leadership activities. The only prepared question for me was a time I had made a mistake, and what I did about it. It was a pretty easy interview. No technical questions.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Genentech.

Submitted resume online through university, had an on-campus interview (about 12 candidates total) with 2 interviewers (one was someone I would be working under, the other was supervisor). A week later, got an email for an interview at the site (4 candidates left). Interview was about 2 hours long, with 2 interviews with 2 interviewers each, and a lab tour. Got a phone call couple days later saying I got the offer! All interviews were behavior-based, no technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you demonstrated leadership, etc.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Biotechnologist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Genentech.

There were 3 rounds of interview. Resume was screened and an email was sent for notification for the upcoming phone interview. Got a phone interview with technical questions being asked. Last round was a webcam interview with the hiring manager. A total of 3 rounds.

Interview Questions
    No room for negotiation of base salary