Gaylord Entertainment

Getting the Interview

9 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Pastry Chef Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Gaylord Entertainment.

Interview Details Had 3 interviews. Starting with Human Resources and then with Pastry Chef interview twice.

Interview Question – Most cooking questions were difficult.   Answer Question

Retail Hostess Interview

Grapevine, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Gaylord Entertainment in November 2009.

Interview Details The H.R. department called me and asked me to come in for a next-day interview. I went in for it. I was prepared for a small interview, however I went through three different interviews that day and took over 3 hours. I had to wait for each person to come down and meet with me which was annoying, but in the end it was worth it because they offered me the job on the spot, right after I filled out my paperwork instead of waiting for the first day with the restaurant I was chosen for. It was a long process but I'm glad I got to do it all at once instead of coming up 3 different times

Interview Question – The most random question I got was " Can you smile?" Gaylord is big on their smiles, I figured that out pretty fast.   Answer Question

Front Desk Agent Interview

Front Desk Agent

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Gaylord Entertainment.

Interview Details My interview process consisted of 3 separate interviews. The first was a 1:1 with one of the front desk managers who asked your basic interview questions. The second interview was with the Director of Rooms. This interview was really more of a personality test to see how friendly and outgoing I was. Once you get to the last interview you pretty much have the job. It is a causal meeting with the hotel VP Manager.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for this company?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating. Starting salary is $10/hr

Food and Beverage Lead Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Gaylord Entertainment.

Interview Details Hr called to schedule an interview, I went in the next day and was seen by a recruiter and when I passed that, I was seen by the manager of the restaurant 20 minutes later. That interview was about 45 min. I was then asked to wait about 45 to see the vp, however I was not able to and was told to come in the next day. I did and was seen by the vp in the morning at was asked if I would like the position. I accepted.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none. They have a very strict salary schedule for hourly employees, unless you have serious work experience, 10+ years, to help.

Food Runner - Wildhorse Saloon Interview

Nashville, TN (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Gaylord Entertainment in January 2013.

Interview Details Gaylord Entertainment requires 2 interviews for the Wildhorse Saloon, one at HR headquarters near the Opryland Hotel and one at the Wildhorse Saloon itself. They try to schedule both on the same day, one right after the other, so you will have two interviews back-to-back.

Interview Question – "Please explain one circumstance in which you have not gotten along with one or more of your coworkers and how the problem was resolved."   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I received a better job prospect.

Assistant General Manager Food and Beverage Interview

Assistant General Manager Food and Beverage

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Gaylord Entertainment.

Interview Details I was selected for an interview and wasnt actually asked anything considering I knew somebody that said, "I want this one so push him through."

Interview Question – Tell me about your weaknesses. What changes would you make in your first week?   Answer Question

Lifeguard Interview

Grapevine, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Gaylord Entertainment in February 2012.

Interview Details I applied online and within 2 days i was invited to a job fair! There was about 5 or 6 small interviews with different heads of each department. They are very nice and were welcoming to new employees. They offered me the job the same day and i started work within the next three weeks!

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to help someone overcome a problem?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Gaylord Entertainment in February 2010.

Interview Details The process began with an online application and then progressed to phone Interviews (2) before the onsite was conducted. They also believe in a collaborative approach so expect to interview with business partners and clients during the process.

Interview Question – How would you drive corporate initiatives through the property level teams.   Answer Question

Public Affairs Specialist Interview

Public Affairs Specialist

The process took 4 days - interviewed at Gaylord Entertainment in April 2009.

Interview Details I was contacted by a recruiter who set up a telephone interview for the next day. After the interview was over, she said I would be contacted if a second interview was wanted. The next day I was contacted to have a face-to-face interview with the department head.

Interview Question – What makes you worth my time?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Gaylord Entertainment? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Gaylord Entertainment interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Gaylord Entertainment employees and interview candidates.