Garmin

Getting the Interview

136 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Embedded Linux Software Engineer Interview

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Garmin.

Interview Details past the HR screening very easily,then scheduled phone interview next week, started at 8 am, which is very early,i wasn't fully awake at that moment,and i didn't perform very well,so i didn't get the job . but i think overal the interview wasn't very hard,a software engineer probably can get all the answers right

Interview Question – my position was mainly focused on navigation systems, so i did pretty good on them but they also want you to have a very high software skills, at that time i wasn't good enough.   Answer Question

Product Support Specialist Interview

North Kansas City, MO (US)

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Garmin in October 2012.

Interview Details After filling out an application online, I was contacted by an HR Generalist. The conversation was very pleasant. It was at least for questions in the behavioral situations. After the initial questions, I was told I would be considered for an on-site interview with the HR generalist.

Interview Question – nothing too difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Garmin in March 2014.

Interview Details They sent me an email asking for a transcript and a phone interview with an HR person. The interview was supposed to be between half an hour to an hour.

Interview Question – There were no technical questions - just standard interview questions   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Garmin.

Interview Details Phone interview with HR person followed by on site interview with engineers. Mostly C related questions. Also asked several questions about project experience, how I would deal with problems etc. Was impressed with the company but received better offers from other companies. Asked to look at code on a piece of paper and explain what it did.

Interview Question – Explain structs in C   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Better offer from another company

Design Engineer Intern Interview

Interviewed at Garmin

Interview Details Went to job fair, was scheduled for an on-campus interview the next day.

Interview consisted of technical and behavioral questions.

Was extended offer within 3 weeks.

Interview Question – Finding output of a series of logic gates because I had forgotten functionality of some.   Answer Question

Product Support Specialist
Olathe, KS (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Garmin in June 2010.

Interview Details The HR were lenient and so willing to listen and offer the job to the right candidate

Interview Question – Mostly Behavioral in nature   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Marketing

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Garmin.

Interview Details terribly long process - multiple meetings
have to give power point presentation on a topic that they choose

Negotiation Details – Study and know the products and company very well.
be patient.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Interviewed at Garmin

Interview Details First, a phone interview was conducted where personality and basic technical questions were asked, such as something like "how would you build a chess game?" After, I was contacted a few days later and I was asked to travel to Olathe for an interview and that my travel and stay would be funded. They put me in a La Quinta hotel, it was alright, but my experience was not the best. Interview started the next day, I arrived about 15 minutes early and waited for my recruiter. She asked some personal questions and whatnot, then we went on to the technical interview. Three senior designers drilled me with some questions, and then it was on to a complementary lunch. People seemed to be somewhat casually dressed, but everyone clearly took themselves seriously.

Interview Question – A lot of questions about some "definitions" of C++ constructs, ask a few questions about programming related experience on your resume and want you to demonstrate it (such as SQL) and they wanted to make sure you knew about things like inheritance and everything.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – All in all, I didn't care for the work culture there. People weren't smiling, but they were relaxed at least. Other places I've interviewed at seemed much warmer and open.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied in-person and interviewed at Garmin.

Interview Details Applied online and was contacted for part time job.

Interview Question – 50% was behavior and the other 50% was about the programming with C++ and data structures.   Answer Question

Product Support Specialist
Olathe, KS (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Garmin in January 2011.

Interview Details Phone interview and then a in person interview at the call center.

Interview Question – All behavioral and experience based questions. Not very difficult. Describe what you consider to be a outstanding customer service experience?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Garmin

Worked for Garmin? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Garmin interview questions and advice. All 136 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Garmin employees and interview candidates.