Garda World Security

Updated 5 Dec, 2014

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Garda World Security.

Very rushed sat down with the interviewer for 15 minutes and had a quick chat.

No negotiations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Garda World Security in August 2013.

I had to do a test when i walked in and then after i passed the test, the HR manager interviewed me.... After that another manager came in to meet with me and went through another interview.

Security Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC

I applied online – interviewed at Garda World Security in June 2013.

The hiring process is too long, too many interviews

Interview Questions
    • Sometimes the questions does not have anything to do with the business   Answer Question
    I was able to negociate the salary and overtime

Security Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Garda World Security.

Phone interview was a bit basic but the two interviews with HR and their manager was great. Lots of detail questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort McMurray, AB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort McMurray, AB

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Garda World Security in May 2009.

Lots of questions regarding conflict management and if you have certifications in weapons or self-defence. (not necessarily needed to get hired)

Interview Questions
    • Situation where you disagreed with your boss and how you dealt with it. Same with co-worker.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate, I believe it was non-negotiable as part of the contract with the client I was going to work for. Worth asking if you can negotiate.

Director of Relationship Management Interview

This was the most ridiculously cumbersome and invasive, hour-long application process I have ever seen. I was highly qualified for the advertised position, so, with hopes high, I attempted to apply for the job online.

In addition to filling out a 9-section online application, you must take a mandatory 13-PAGE test/evaluation in order to submit your resume - that's right, you must answer 62 questions (math problems, ethics questions, and so forth) before you can submit a resume. I have seen company questionnaires before as part of the screening process, but never more than 5 or 6 questions. Talk about overkill!

You are also required to provide your ss# and birth date for a mandatory background check, as part of the application, - I have no problem with background checks, but let me first have a conversation with someone to decide if I'd even want the job before I give you my social!

My guess is that 90% of people bail out of this process without ever finishing. I did. The 62 questions were a red flag, so I hopped over to Glassdoor to read reviews of the company, which were so negative that my interest in Garda World ended there.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dedham, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dedham, MA (US)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Garda World Security in October 2014.

Applied online and was brought in for a face-to-face interview approximately a week and half later. Was given a tour and was given the opportunity to ask questions. Was told I'd hear back in a week or so. A week later I contacted them to find out my status, and was told I was still under consideration and would find out "very soon". 2 weeks later I still hadn't heard anything and withdrew from consideration. Honestly, if they wanted me, they would've offered it by then, and 2+ weeks isn't "very soon" to me. So it kind of sent up some red flags anyway.

Senior Manager Interview

It was an informal process. You could tell they were herding thru canidates to fill a lot of holes in the business. The company has made some bad business decisions and they are trying to pick themselves up so they can go publc one day soon.

Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Garda World Security in March 2014.

My interview is mixed. I was advised that 5pm would be the latest to work. 5pm was a dream. 6:30-8:30 pm was the norm. The building was dirty, and I should have not taken the job as people's body language suggested otherwise.

Interview Questions
    • The mgr wanted me to not give notice to my employer at that time. This should have been a sign as well.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. The manager advised the rate of pay which was more than I was making at the time.

Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Garda World Security in September 2011.

Good interview...drug screen but I only handle paper and entry numbers. Lady was nice and supervisor asked only like 3 questions

Interview Questions
    Nothing, just told what I'd be paid.