Gap Interview Questions

Updated 20 Apr, 2015

2.4

Interview

Fairly easy interview, looked at resume and asked questions regarding previous experiences. Then went on to explain job duties and what to expect. The interview lasted around 10 to 15 minutes but it felt even shorter.

Associate Interview

Interview

Pre-screening, group interview and job offer, pre-screening was hold by an experienced associate who explore about the motivation to do this job, this was the first filter, then a group interview with management team, they explore the ability to follow direct instructions and the skills in problem solving, after this interview selected candidates receives an offer and was pointed for a meeting with human resources to discuss the terms, at that point people accept or reject the job.

Interview Questions

• All behavioral questions related with problem solutions   Answer Question

Negotiation

I knew the salary rate since the beginning

Stock Associate Interview

Interview

Found job ad online seeking seasonal stock associates and asked to apply online. Interview was easy and included typical questions. Asked to sell what I was wearing, and a lot of behavioural questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Gap (Ottawa, ON) in November 2014.

Interview

apply it online , about after 2 weeks they called me and asked for an interview .
    The manager was so nice , he told me he does short interviews . He only asked me two question , Why did yo choose gap , and tell me about your previous job . Pretty straight forward .
    After the interview he said he doesnt see why he wouldn't be callig me , an im exactly what they need .
    i Got a call the next day and offered me a job !!
    overall it was easy and the manager made me feel really relaxing .

Interview Questions

Negotiation

offer 11.29 per hour

Im still waitin for m SIN card . They told me they would wait for me . sooo .....
    its good

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Gap in October 2014.

Interview

Everyine must apply online, the application process online had you enter the typical information plus do some case study questions with ranking the best and worst choices to make in a certain scenario. It was mostly just common sense. A week or so later, I got called in for a group interview with 3 others. The interview was quite relaxed, asking typical questions such as why did you pick gap, what motivates you, etc. Half a week later they called me to give me an offer.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coquitlam, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Gap (Coquitlam, BC) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process at The Gap was very relaxed. I called to go in for an interview by the hiring manager. But during the interview I was only asked 3 questions and the interview was over. They asked me what my availabilities were. And why i chose to apply for the Gap. And what good customer service to me was. After that we had a casual conversation about my qualifications and the interview was done. The interview I would say was about 10 - 15 minutes long.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Gap in September 2014.

Interview

Applied online, two days later got an email to come in and do a group interview. There was me and a few other girls. Manger was super friendly and engaging. It felt like I was just meeting some new people, as it was pretty stress free. I tried to be outgoing and that appeared to be key. The quieter girls did not get hired. Got a call few days later and they offered me a position.

Interview Questions

• Explain how your worked through a difficult situation at work.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offered far above minimum wage, no negotiation from me.

Stock Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Gap in September 2014.

Interview

I applied for the job online and was called to come in for an interview the next day. I met with one of the managers, he asked me my email, when I was available and explained to me what the duties of this job was. My interview lasted about 5 minutes and he didn't ask any typical interview questions. I received an email the next day telling me that I got the job and listed the salary as well.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

One interview, management very friendly, general questions and role play

Negotiation

Very smooth transition

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Gap (Montreal, QC) in March 2014.

Interview

Group interview (about 10 people). Everyone took turns to answer the question. The interview was about an hour long. All questions were situation-based and personal experience-based.

Interview Questions

• You had to try to sell what you were wearing to the interview. Yes, that means getting up and presenting your outfit!   Answer Question