GameStop

2.5

49 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, ON
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, ON

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at GameStop.

informal and easy going in a neutral coffee shop, over a light lunch which he paid for. Whole process took about an hour. In which we disceussed my background what was expected of me and where I resided prior.

Interview Questions
offer counter offer and accepted offer

Other Interview Reviews for GameStop

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GameStop in May 2008.

Was a little disorganized, I understand the district manager was new, but I sat in an Eb games back room for 45 min before he came to talk to me.

Store Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at GameStop.

I became a Store Manager after moving up internally, I was an Assistant Manager at the time of my interview. My District Manager came in to the store while I was working and asked me about our P&L (Profit and Loss), I was able to discuss with her our strength and weaknesses as a store, and the direct impact it had on our profitability. While I was expecting to be pulled into the back room and question, she conducted her visit as she normally would and I inquired at the end "Was this my interview" and she said yes, and explained that I was at my best in my natural environment, and that pulling me into the back room would only make me nervous. It was far, far easier than I was expecting and I was promoted within the week.

Interview Questions
    • I struggled with the question "What can you do to help the DISTRICT increase it's pre-owned sales?" I had been so focused on my own store as an ASM, I forgot that as a Store Manager, your focus must be on the district as a whole along with your own store.   View Answer
    There was not one, I attempted to negotiate my pay as I felt it was too low, but was turned down.

Store Manager Interview

Phone tag, then meet with sore manager, move on to various district managers for interviews and wait for a position to come available. GameStop keeps a "Bench" They interview for positions they don't have open.

Store Manager Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at GameStop.

Softball interview. District manager followed a list of pre generated questions. Did not deviate from that. Seemed to be going through the motions or inexperienced at this. General questions were asked like What is best quality and worst quality?

Interview Questions
    Negotiated for a slightly higher salary. Nothing difficult. Just asked and based on my experience they accepted.

Store Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at GameStop.

Best to apply through another person, such as a store manager. First interview was with District Manager who assessed understanding of company business model, management experience, and sales skills. Second interview was with another District manager who assessed mainly product knowledge and understanding of stakeholders and customer populations. Third interview was via phone with the Regional Director who asked about preceding areas plus questions about understanding of business plan and focus toward achieving multiple and complex long-term goals. The whole process took about 2-3 weeks from the time my resume and paper application were handed to the first interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing complicated or unexpected. Questions about leadership and management behavioral experiences and examples. Most interesting question was about a favorite game and a time or example (roll-play) of how to sell it and about who to sell it to.   View Answer
    Tried to negotiate salary, but was offered a "yes/no" number below expectations.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherry Hill, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherry Hill, NJ (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at GameStop.

Interview process was pretty straight forward. Basic questions such as "How would you handle a customer complaint?" and "Can you tell me more about your job history with so and so?" Interview lasted roughly 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    Was originally offered what I was making at my current job at the time and I declined the offer from Gamestop since there was no point in changing jobs for the same pay. About 10 minutes later I received a call back with a $5,000 increase in the offer, which I accepted.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grapevine, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grapevine, TX (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GameStop.

Interviewed two different times, once with the district manager and then with a store manager

Very easy

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at GameStop.

I knew a District Manager. All i did was make a phone call, i met with him and i was hired.. literally that simple

Interview Questions
    heres what i can pay you.. OK.

Store Manager Interview

Initially I was hired as holiday help. The interview was brief and informal, mostly a long chat with the manager.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of people struggle with simple math questions, like if I ask how much 10% off of 70$ is.   Answer Question
    Starting out as a part timer, wages are almost always minimum.