GNC

39 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Ottawa, ON

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at GNC in April 2012.

Interview Details Dress accordingly. Have knowledge in Multi-Vitamins, Healthy Fatty Acids and Protein. Have knowledge in GNC; brief history, etc. Have a cover-letter along with references handy during interview. Clarify exactly what you're looking for, wage and "benefits". Typical retail-sales questions of how to handle certain situations will be asked, along with what makes you an asset along with accomplishments goals, achievements, plans etc.

Interview Question – If I were a female with no knowledge of where to start a weight loss program, what supplements would you reccomend to me.   Answer Question

Ottawa, ON

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at GNC in October 2011.

Interview Details Their hiring process is really messy. It seems like they will hire anybody with no experience whatsoever if they really need it. It gives a good idea of what customers should expect when they go shopping there. I realy didn't feel like my sales experience would help me in this position.

Interview Question – How many years do you expect do be working for us ?   Answer Question

New York, NY (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at GNC.

Interview Details My interview was a 1 on 1 interview with a store manager. During my interview I was questioned about my prior experience and how I thought it would aid my ability to excel in the prospective position. He asked me if I was comfortable working for minimum wage while working to earn additional income through commission.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   Answer Question

Interviewed at GNC

Interview Details Went into the store of where I would be working and answered a few questions. Very general questions any one could guess. Do you work out, take vitamins, etc. Was asked if familiar with gold card program. Asked if I believe in it. Very weird question.

Interview Question – Do you believe in the Gold Card Program?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations.

Athens, GA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at GNC in July 2013.

Interview Details The interview process was very relaxed. Come dressed to impress and show a basic product knowledge of sports supplements, multi-vitamins, and diet supplements.

Interview Question – What attracted you to GNC, Hard to not answer "the employee discount" The company does train well and gives its employees excellent chances to succeed and move upward.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, everyone starts at the same base. However you can earn bonuses if you exceed quota

Very Easy Interview

Kansas City, MO (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at GNC in March 2011.

Interview Details Short phone interview after submitting a resume and application. Followed by an informal interview in the store.

Interview Question – If you actually know something about nutrition or health products you should be fine. just take the incentive and bring up things you know if you can.   Answer Question

Interviewed at GNC

Interview Details Essentially no interview. Talk to manager to see if they are hiring, if so apply online.

Interview Question – Wasn't asked any.   Answer Question

San Jose, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GNC in June 2013.

Interview Details Had a employee referral, talked to assisted manager 1-on-1 interview , then interview with senior store manager 1-on-1 , took 2 weeks to processs everything

Interview Question – Be able to sell them a product   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at GNC.

Interview Details The process is informal. You will be called in to talk to a store manager and not a professional HR rep. He or she will want you to talk about sales experience not just your experience with products. Associates can be trained on products, what managers really want to know is that you understand this is first and foremost a sales job, and that you want a sales job and that you will be good at making sales. After the interview you will do a follow up phone interview with another manager. Just stay focused on being friendly, easy to work with and committed to making sales.

Interview Question – You may be handed a product you are unfamiliar with and asked by the manager to sale it to him or her.   View Answer

Chico, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at GNC in July 2010.

Interview Details I submitted my application and was called the next day. I was brought in for an interview, asked very basic questions about why I wanted to work there, how to do I feel about sales, what do I know about nutrition and supplements, my major in school...

Interview Question – which of our brands are you familiar with?   Answer Question

Worked for GNC? Contribute to the Community!