GEICO

586 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at GEICO.

Interview Details Online app, phone interview, in office interview, computer test, manager interview. If you have passed computer test and offer to have manager interview you've gone pretty far. I'm not sure why the hiring process is so difficult, I would have expected more out of the job environment. A lot of people behind that door aren't professional.

Interview Question – Keep calm and be honest and yourself. You'll be fine, it's not as hard as they make it seem.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Ask as many questions prior to accepting. It's a lot to PTO, and hours/days, Comp day and switching shifts is so confusing.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Tucson, AZ (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at GEICO in July 2014.

Interview Details So I applied online, got a call the next business day. Basically you will have seven phases. Depending how well you do on each phase determines whether you go to the next.
I am copying and pasting from the email they sent me after I did the phone interview.

Phase 1: Telephone interview

Phase 2: Computer testing ( approx. 1 hour)

Phase 3: Face to face interview with Hiring Team Recruiter

Phase 4: Role-play (Simulation of the position you are applying for)
(1 hour)

Phase 5: Realistic Job Preview (Shadowing a representative within the department you are applying for and listening to live calls)
(1 hour)

Phase 6: Face to face Department Manager Interview (1 hour)

Phase 7: Pre-employment physical and background review (5-7 business days)

So I then went in for the test, five others were there. Four of us passed. The test consisted of two typing test. The test will be difficult for you if you are not extremely well oriented with basic call center systems. You have to learn as much as you can about their software in about 6 minutes than start listening to calls and reading emails and input the info.

You might have to do the one on one interview right after or they will schedule it another day. I went right after, was actually first.

The interview was some one on the hiring team. She really seemed unimportant and basically just asked me all the questions that the online application did.
I felt like she was just doing the interview to get some experience?
I am very well qualified for the job. Even though I did not get it.
I believe it is because I just was a little rusty during the interview. I really wanted the job because the pay is ver good. I felt rusty since I have not had a job in two years since we had a new addition to the family.
She asked really plain basic questions. Nothing at all difficult. Only difficult one was the whole unrealistic what would you do if blah blah blah.

They then tell you that you will receive an email letting you know if you go on to the next phase. I got the email three days later saying no. Then I received a call later that day telling me that there was no specific reason as to why I didn't get hired and they just decided to go with a different candidate. Also that they really want me to reapply in 6 months. I was really dumbfounded when she told me this. I just told her how confused I was because I am very well qualified and she said yes I know that's why we really encourage you to reapply.
So that's that. Very off.

Interview Questions

Auto Damage Adjuster Trainee

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at GEICO.

Interview Details This company, by far, has the most aggravating application process I have ever witnessed to date. It doesn't matter if you have an adjuster license or experience working with automobile damage. If you cannot pass the role playing portion of their impossible hiring tactics, then you will not be offered the job.

1. Fill out an online application and complete an online assessment.
2. Receive a call from a recruiter to answer basic questions about your background and interests.
3. Take a reading comprehension and visual recognition test via the internet (timed and scored for accuracy) - (this is the counting blocks aspect) - If you pass this test, then you move onto step 4.
4. Have another phone interview with the recruiter (this time more personal) - Questions like "What would you do...?" and "Can you name a time when...?" theoretical and previous based experience questions that test your customer service skills, personality, and attributes
5. If you pass step 4, then the recruiter sets you up for the "Role Playing" situation at the nearest Auto Repair Express (ARX) location which is the most ridiculous situation (that really is designed to make you perform badly): I got to the location and one of the managers asked the other manager "What's his name?" after I just shook hands with him and told him my name 10 seconds prior. Right then and there, I felt completed disrespected and unappreciated to be there. [I drove 3 hours to get to the location and spent money for gas and a hotel room to be there]
At that point, you are to pretend you are an adjuster for an equipment company that handles at least 5 different types of situations from scheduling repairs to handing out checks:
     - First, the ten year old tape player they make you listen to is full of static and you can barely make out what the man is saying for the instructions (About 10 minutes of losing time trying to understand it, I just shut it off and read the papers for instructions)
     - Second, there are literally over 55 pages of information that they expect you to learn and remember within 30 MINUTES! A HALF AN HOUR! - Truly impossible for even the most highly educated. They expect you to be able to fill out forms A-F flawlessly just by memorization in 30 minutes.
     - The employees in charge of conducting the role play call you and walk in and out of your office acting like different clients who have different situations each time.
     - Again, there are so many papers they expect you to download like a machine that unless you've had prior experience working in claims or working at Geico, then it really is a joke.

Let me just mention that this is a TRAINEE position. TRAINEE again in all caps!
You cannot expect someone to do the role play if they have no experience dealing with the specified forms.
You wonder why so many Damage Adjuster Trainee positions are open and unfilled. They make the hiring process as difficult as possible for a job that starts out at under $40,000.

Geico, you desire for people to work for you, but you make the process unrealistic. Upon first-hand viewing of how the ARX managers act and perform, I almost walked out before the role playing even began. They do not want to see your degree or past experience you may have had in working with auto damage.

Interview Question – Your manager desires for you to have on average 22 labor hours, but you average 21. How would you respond to your manager?   Answer Question

Geico Customer Service Representative Interview

Geico Customer Service Representative
Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through another source and interviewed at GEICO.

Interview Details Online test which you will need to pass. then you will get a call. was done in 3 days and i got that call. then they take you to a skills test which takes about 2 hrs. simulated computer testing and get set on the phone. you do phone, email.

Interview Question – you take a test- simulating a insurance call scenario. mostly robotic, no logic involved   Answer Question

Management Development Program Interview

Management Development Program
Seattle, WA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GEICO in June 2014.

Interview Details Step 1: Phone screening
Was asked about school courses and a few questions about why I applied.

Step 2: Phone interview with recruiter and HR rep
Was asked behavior questions. "How would you handle this situation?"

Step 3: Testing and Role Play
I took 2 test that were multitasking and typing, then told I did well and was moving on to the next step.
Took 2 more test. One was behavior and other was some sort of problem solving.
Don't know if I did well on this part, because I took the test in Katy, TX and it was automatically sent to Seattle.

Step 4: Waiting and Shadowing:
I waited for a long time for someone to tell me what to do next. I shadowed an employee for an hour and asked questions.

Step 5: Role Play
You're given a manual with what you're supposed to do, but it doesn't have all the information you will need. I received 4 phone calls and 2 deliveries from my recruiter.

After all that I waited again for my recruiter to grade something. He came back and told me I'd hear from my recruiter, which I didn't until I called and was told I wasn't moving on in the process.

Interview Question – Role Play   Answer Question

Auto Insurance Agent Interview

Auto Insurance Agent
Poway, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GEICO.

Interview Details Phone interview, Face to face, Role Play, phone role play, multitasking test, hair sample for drug test. If you can make it passed the face to face, the rest is fairly easy.

Interview Question – Repetition of questions. Checking for descrepincies   Answer Question

Auto Damage Adjuster Trainee

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at GEICO.

Interview Details Applied online for this position on 6/20/2014. I received an email 6 days later to schedule a phone interview. I emailed back immediately with my top 2 dates and times per email request. I never received a confirmation email so finally the day of the telephone interview (my 1st requested date), I emailed back asking if my email had been received and I was going to interview that day. I did receive an email back confirming this. The interviewer called 10 minutes late (she did apologize, stating that she was in a meeting). The interview lasted roughly 20 minutes consisting of explaining the requirements of the job, asking me a few questions about my present job and gave me the opportunity to ask questions about the job. After we were done, she stated that I would hear something either way in the next 4 days. The following day I sent her an email thanking her for the opportunity to interview and hoped to hear from her soon. I have not heard anything since that interview and it has now been 2 weeks. I guess I was passed over and that's okay but to me... if you state you would let me know something in a specific time frame, I would like that to be carried out as promised.

Interview Question – no difficult telephone interview questions   Answer Question

Management Development Program Interview

Management Development Program
Nashville, TN (US)

I interviewed at GEICO in May 2014.

Interview Details The process took several steps. They were not too informative about how lengthy it would be. The first official interview was a a repair shop in an old room. I was given several paper test that were a least 15 years old. The last step was more of a simulation. I read the reviews on Glassdoor and though the applicants were over exaggerating about the difficulty and chaos. They were not.

Interview Question – I was disappointed in the entire process. The simulation began with a 30 minute video and a packet of about 30 pages that you are to read within the same 30 minutes (different info). The video was also about 15 years old. I was forewarned that the audio and quality were very poor. Then they two managers walk in and continuously role play with you. You are suppose to know what to do during the different situations (which was in the dated video and bulk of unread material. I applied my common sense to the scenarios and felt I did 'OK'. This process was the most nervewrecking, unorganized chaos ever. I was then told that the hiring manager would follow up within 2 days. Needless to say it was more like exactly a week. If this is what employees have to deal with in this company, I'm glad they chose someone else.   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service
Poway, CA (US)

I applied online and interviewed at GEICO.

Interview Details 1st phone interview. week or so later.. testing in the office to see if you if you the aptitude to adjust and learn quickly and typing. if you pass; you go through simulated customer service routine of about 3 calls; pass that you go interview w/ HR person.. pass that ... you listen to calls for about an hour. then you interview w/ a depart Manager.. all that in one day. about 1 week late if you pass that.. final step drug testing (hair sample) inch wide.

Interview Question – Simple questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Auto Damage Adjuster Trainee

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at GEICO.

Interview Details I applied to Geico online and heard back from someone a few days later. This was the first interview, about 15 minutes on the phone. They asked very generic questions about my resume and some about the job. At the end, I was told I "passed" and they wanted me to take some tests.

About 2 weeks later I went to an office and took two tests which took a total of 15 minutes. The first was pictures of blocks and you had to correctly guess how many were touching each one. The second was reading a paragraph and answering multiple choice questions. The tests are timed. After the tests the answers were collected and we were sent on our way.

I didn't hear back from them for about 2 weeks. I actually assumed I didn't get the job for some reason or another, but then I got a phone call from a different manager and they wanted to do a phone interview. This was a much longer and in depth interview that lasted about 2 hours. Your basic interview questions and info about the job. At the end of that interview I was told I had moved on to the NEXT step.

The 4th step was the dreaded "role play" interview. I went to a location and sat in a fake office. I was given 35 minutes to listen to a cd with instructions and read along with the cd as well as organize the paperwork on the desk. Then for the next 2 hours or so, 2 managers call you on the phone and walk in pretending to be customers in scenarios you have to handle. This was really difficult as you don't have much training as to what to do and they are specifically trying to throw you curve balls. There is no way to study or prepare for this part of the process, just try to relax and keep your cool, and give the best customer service you can while applying company policies.

Approximately a week later, I was called and told I had reached the FINAL step. I met with a manager and he asked me about my availability and if I would be willing to work more when needed, if I would be able to attend the training, ect. Then they offered me the job on the spot.

The interview process was very long and the role play part was brutal. If you can get to the role play part, and pass it, you're in.

Interview Question – The role play interview was like nothing I have encountered in the interview process before. They really try to trip you up and make you give bad service or fill out papers wrong.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. They were right up front with the pay from the first interview.

Worked for GEICO? Contribute to the Community!