GEICO

Updated 4 Mar, 2015
Updated 4 Mar, 2015

3.2

Auto Damage Adjuster Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GEICO.

Please review previous post for details regarding the interview process. It is definitely one of the more challenging interview processes I have been a part of. I will say, if you plan on applying for the position and do not read about the process, you are doing a great disservice to yourself.

Time frame took about 3-4 weeks:

1) 30 min. Phone Interview: General interview about interests in the position, previous experiences, background. Explained the training process, reviewed any questions or concerns.

2) Timed Comprehensive Test: I thought this was a pretty easy test. Logic and Analytical questions, as well as, spatial relations. Only weird part is they have you call and put the phone down with them on mute as they are "administering" the test.

3) 1 hour Phone Interview: Another phone interview with an HR recruiter more in depth and specific, STAR model questions and answers.

4) Face to Face Interview approx. 1 hour: it was nearly identical to the previous 1 Hour phone interview except it was with a Supervisor in the area I was applying for.

4.5) They had time to squeeze in the Role Play into this face to face interview approx 2 hr: Refer to previous comments for more details. Essentially, you're put into a room, CD plays reading to you the papers that you are given. Just read them and pull out sheets that have "essential" info to the role play. (Use common sense, there are a lot of papers but there are a few that have things like warranty timeframes and deductibles for the role play). Employees come in and call your cell phone to give you information and you have to fill out forms for about 4 claims that you are "working" and "inherited" from a co-worker on vacation. I believe the way you treat the "customers" is whats important. You will get an angry body shop worker thats upset with your estimate, just negotiate, and stay cool. Greet every person you speak with respectfully and "put them at ease". Pretend its the real job.

5) Final Face to Face 1 hour: This part may be unique to my interview, but upon completion of the Role Play, I was told by the supervisor I did a great job, and he wanted me to meet with one more person. The person was the District Manager. Had another face to face interview, very casual. Pretty conversational. DM was very honest, said he did really get to read my files yet, so did so while I was there. Went over my previous positions, goals, and ambitions with the company. After about 45 mins, he offered me the position on the spot. Negotiations took place, and I accepted.

6) Offer was contingent with a passing Drug test and Background check.

Interview Questions
    Negotiation was done, based on previous insurance and claims related experience, I was able to negotiate a higher than entry salary.

Management Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at GEICO.

After meeting a GEICO recruiter at a college career mixer and discussing my work history, I became interested in the claims Management Development Program. I was required to fill out an application online and I had to complete an online test that consisted of behavioral scenario questions. Two weeks later I completed the phone interview and I am scheduled for testing at the facility: not sure what that will entail. The phone interview felt like more of a formality as we talked at length in person, but we did discuss my work history further and the Program was explained to me in greater detail. I was asked about my availability and why I left each job on my resume.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you interested in Claims?
      Give me an example of your leadership experience.

Answer Question

Management Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at GEICO.

It took about four months and four interviews one including an assessment which I passed with a good score according to the recruiter. I never heard back from them. If I was being interviewed and contacted so much I am not sure why I couldn't get at least an email saying I was not getting an offer.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle an angry customer?   View Answer

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at GEICO.

I received an email right after I submitted my resume, asking to schedule a phone interview for the following day. Of course anyone would be excited about that! The phone interview was quick and only lasted about 10-15 min.

Interview Questions
    • The HR interviewer asked a series of questions and explained the training process. She rushed through the questions very quickly. She didn't take the time to answer any of my question, but rather give me a short answer. I just felt rushed.   View Answer

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at GEICO.

Went through the phone interview for about half an hour. Explained all of my previous leadership experience and why I would want to work for the company. The HR interviewer had the personality of a Sales type of person (fast-talking, curt, fast-typing) and threw me off when he would ask the questions so quickly. GEICO seems to only want "Sales" types of personalities even though they directly do not do sales but still want that mentality.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GEICO.

I applied online. Then I got a call to schedule a phone interview. After the phone interview I had to go in the office to do a computer test. I passed a test, so then I need to schedule for another phone Interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a difficult customer you've had to deal with and what did you do?   Answer Question

PMa Interview

I applied online – interviewed at GEICO.

I applied online,submited the resume, cover letter, then the HR contact me and request for official transcript copy, finished a questionaire, basiclly just some math questions, but it does have some insurance terms inside it, then if you are good, you will get a invite for phone, most behavior questions, then waiting for the onsite

Auto Damage Adjuster Trainee Interview

I applied online – interviewed at GEICO.

There is no way anyone without insurance or automobile industry experience could pass the 4th stage of interviewing (roleplay). We all wonder why they have so many Auto Damage Adjuster Trainee positions vacant throughout the country all the time. Perhaps setting up a ridiculously unreasonably difficult recruiting process is the reason why. Reminder to GEICO: This is a "TRAINEE" position. The pay isn't even high. Yes they pay for all that training but how much is their expensive training worth if they presumably only hire people who have already been Adjusters? In other words, their expensive training dollars only go far if they hire people who are actually at the Trainee level.

Just to reiterate other posts, the 4th stage consists of lots of paperwork, some of which you won't even need. But it's there to throw you off. The instructions are so long and cumbersome, you forget them 5 minutes after reading them.

Emerging Leadership Development Interview

I applied online – interviewed at GEICO.

I applied through linkedin next day got an email asked to fill out application, simple process, got a phone interview, all the glassdoor reviews were spot on, asked about leadership and why you wantedd to work at gieco. behavopral questions, was told that i would konw in the next couple of days if i got the job, i hope they get back to me soon

Technology Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at GEICO.

Had a phone screen, then went on site for half a day. Everyone was very friendly, but the reimbursement process for travel and food was not very well organized. The recruiter said she would calculate how many miles I drove and reimburse me for that (never specified an amount) and then later send a check to my permanent address without notifying me. The check was only $30... and I drove over 100 miles....

Interview Questions
    • Met with the manager and discussed things on my resume and then branched out from there for about an hour. No real coding done.   Answer Question