GE Interview Questions

Updated 15 Apr, 2015
Updated 15 Apr, 2015

2.9

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at GE.

Interview

Professional; thorough. Interviewed by incumbent (looking ahead to their upcoming retirement) - who described their achievements and legacy, and what they saw as the logical progression into the future with a new person in the role. Very candid and balanced view by the interviewer (incumbent). They gave a good sense of the breadth and scope of the global GE business, and the complexities of the role. It was not a full match with what I had hoped to hear -- but I was pleased to benefit from a thorough and candid discussion - and it really was a two way dialogue.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you made a positive difference.   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at GE.

Interview

on campus interview - it was behavioral based, with one or two technical accounting questions, but they are really basic. if you've done accounting 101, you should be able to answer.
    the interviewer was my manager, so depends on the manager, interview style could be very different. my position was in Canada.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation, standard package for all interns

RMP Program Interview

Interview

Had a phone interview - pre screen - pretty basic questions. Program withdrawn when GE credit ratings dropped. Asked mostly behavioural Qs -- like tell me about a time you didn't get along with a group, what is your greatest achievent, why GE, Tell me about a time when you failed.

Interview Questions

• what do you expect to gain from the rmp program and how where do you see yourself after completing the program ?   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Interview

Applied through University coop program. Interviewer was a stand in. A lot of behaviour questions, "What would you do if there was a conflict with a coworker" etc. No technical questions except for a question about the structure of a technical report.

FMP Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GE (Toronto, ON) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied through campus and was contacted about 3 weeks after the deadline. The interview was to be behavioral and last about 45 minutes. The interviewer took time to get t know me before diving into the interview questions. Indeed it was strictly behavioral, so I recommend coming in with a list of relevant experiences and only choosing at the time what to say. Also, come in with questions ready for the, and go beyond silly questions that their website can answer.

Interview Questions

• A time when you went out of your way to achieve a better result or help someone out   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GE (Peterborough, ON) in December 2013.

Interview

They will contact you directly through phone calls but you would have to go to their site in Peterborough for the interview. They asked about project management and technical questions such as the product testing process and lab equipment. They are also interested to know about your creativity and problem solving skills.

Interview Questions

• Can you explain about the steps in project managament?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at GE (Edmonton, AB) in November 2013.

Interview

Process took over a month. Got call from HR to arrange a general phone interview. She told that now she will pass my profile to hiring manager then they will give me a call. after a week or so got call to arrange interview with manager. hr manager asked about personal details nd some behavioral questions

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected but as it was my first interview i was quiet nervous. There was a panel of two managers. They started of with behavioral questions, giving situations like what u did, stuff like that. then it was technical questions OOP questions nd then white board testing,some coding.   1 Answer

Sourcing Leader Interview

Interview

Internal Hire

Interview Questions

• How will you find us $5MM in additional savings, here is a sheet of our top categories and spend.   Answer Question

Contract Position Interview

Interview

Three interviews. One general, and two technical. Very unprofessional interviews and interviewers.

Assistant Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at GE (Mississauga, ON) in June 2013.

Interview

Applied online, got a call in like 4 days .I had a brief phone interview where the guy basically explained the job description, not many question.Then, i was called in to have an interview with the vice president of the division. Many behavioral questions and personality questions. No technical questions. I guess he was trying to get a feel of the personality. Interview lasted about an hour. Very simple interview.