GE

GE Interview Questions

Updated 19 Oct, 2014
Updated 19 Oct, 2014

Accounting Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at GE.

on campus interview - it was behavioral based, with one or two technical accounting questions, but they are really basic. if you've done accounting 101, you should be able to answer.
    the interviewer was my manager, so depends on the manager, interview style could be very different. my position was in Canada.

Interview Questions
    no negotiation, standard package for all interns

RMP Program Interview

Had a phone interview - pre screen - pretty basic questions. Program withdrawn when GE credit ratings dropped. Asked mostly behavioural Qs -- like tell me about a time you didn't get along with a group, what is your greatest achievent, why GE, Tell me about a time when you failed.

Interview Questions
    • what do you expect to gain from the rmp program and how where do you see yourself after completing the program ?   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Applied through University coop program. Interviewer was a stand in. A lot of behaviour questions, "What would you do if there was a conflict with a coworker" etc. No technical questions except for a question about the structure of a technical report.

FMP Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GE in February 2014.

I applied through campus and was contacted about 3 weeks after the deadline. The interview was to be behavioral and last about 45 minutes. The interviewer took time to get t know me before diving into the interview questions. Indeed it was strictly behavioral, so I recommend coming in with a list of relevant experiences and only choosing at the time what to say. Also, come in with questions ready for the, and go beyond silly questions that their website can answer.

Interview Questions
    • A time when you went out of your way to achieve a better result or help someone out   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peterborough, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peterborough, ON

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GE in December 2013.

They will contact you directly through phone calls but you would have to go to their site in Peterborough for the interview. They asked about project management and technical questions such as the product testing process and lab equipment. They are also interested to know about your creativity and problem solving skills.

Interview Questions
    • Can you explain about the steps in project managament?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at GE in November 2013.

Process took over a month. Got call from HR to arrange a general phone interview. She told that now she will pass my profile to hiring manager then they will give me a call. after a week or so got call to arrange interview with manager. hr manager asked about personal details nd some behavioral questions

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected but as it was my first interview i was quiet nervous. There was a panel of two managers. They started of with behavioral questions, giving situations like what u did, stuff like that. then it was technical questions OOP questions nd then white board testing,some coding.   View Answer

Sourcing Leader Interview

Internal Hire

Interview Questions
    • How will you find us $5MM in additional savings, here is a sheet of our top categories and spend.   Answer Question

Contract Position Interview

Three interviews. One general, and two technical. Very unprofessional interviews and interviewers.

Assistant Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at GE in June 2013.

Applied online, got a call in like 4 days .I had a brief phone interview where the guy basically explained the job description, not many question.Then, i was called in to have an interview with the vice president of the division. Many behavioral questions and personality questions. No technical questions. I guess he was trying to get a feel of the personality. Interview lasted about an hour. Very simple interview.

Coop- Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GE.

Took me for a lab tour. Typical interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you have resolved a conflict   Answer Question