GE

Relevance Date Difficulty

RMP Program Interview

RMP Program

Interviewed at GE

Interview Details Had a phone interview - pre screen - pretty basic questions. Program withdrawn when GE credit ratings dropped. Asked mostly behavioural Qs -- like tell me about a time you didn't get along with a group, what is your greatest achievent, why GE, Tell me about a time when you failed.

Interview Question – what do you expect to gain from the rmp program and how where do you see yourself after completing the program ?   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

Engineering Intern
Peterborough, ON

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GE in December 2013.

Interview Details They will contact you directly through phone calls but you would have to go to their site in Peterborough for the interview. They asked about project management and technical questions such as the product testing process and lab equipment. They are also interested to know about your creativity and problem solving skills.

Interview Question – Can you explain about the steps in project managament?   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Hardware Engineer

Interviewed at GE

Interview Details Applied through University coop program. Interviewer was a stand in. A lot of behaviour questions, "What would you do if there was a conflict with a coworker" etc. No technical questions except for a question about the structure of a technical report.

FMP Intern Interview

FMP Intern
Toronto, ON

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GE in February 2014.

Interview Details I applied through campus and was contacted about 3 weeks after the deadline. The interview was to be behavioral and last about 45 minutes. The interviewer took time to get t know me before diving into the interview questions. Indeed it was strictly behavioral, so I recommend coming in with a list of relevant experiences and only choosing at the time what to say. Also, come in with questions ready for the, and go beyond silly questions that their website can answer.

Interview Question – A time when you went out of your way to achieve a better result or help someone out   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Edmonton, AB

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at GE in November 2013.

Interview Details Process took over a month. Got call from HR to arrange a general phone interview. She told that now she will pass my profile to hiring manager then they will give me a call. after a week or so got call to arrange interview with manager. hr manager asked about personal details nd some behavioral questions

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected but as it was my first interview i was quiet nervous. There was a panel of two managers. They started of with behavioral questions, giving situations like what u did, stuff like that. then it was technical questions OOP questions nd then white board testing,some coding.   View Answer

Assistant Account Manager Interview

Assistant Account Manager
Mississauga, ON

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at GE in June 2013.

Interview Details Applied online, got a call in like 4 days .I had a brief phone interview where the guy basically explained the job description, not many question.Then, i was called in to have an interview with the vice president of the division. Many behavioral questions and personality questions. No technical questions. I guess he was trying to get a feel of the personality. Interview lasted about an hour. Very simple interview.

Interview Question – Why should i pick you over other candidates.   Answer Question

Sourcing Leader Interview

Sourcing Leader

Interview Details Internal Hire

Interview Question – How will you find us $5MM in additional savings, here is a sheet of our top categories and spend.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at GE in January 2013.

Interview Details People seemed to have a good attitude. I was treated well enough. Interview process is pretty tough, my interview took about an hour with all types of questions (past experience, behavioural). Interviewed by two managers at the same time. Young people which indicated good opportunities for advancement.

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness?   View Answer

Contract Position Interview

Contract Position

Interviewed at GE

Interview Details Three interviews. One general, and two technical. Very unprofessional interviews and interviewers.

FMP Summer Intern Interview

FMP Summer Intern
Mississauga, ON

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GE in March 2013.

Interview Details 15 Minute On Campus Interview
30 Minute In Office Interview

Interview Question – Why would it be beneficial for us to hire you over someone with more experience in the finance industry? What can you bring to the company that distinguishes you from other candidates?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Had an offer that was more appealing for my long term career goals as it was a field I was more interested in perusing

Worked for GE? Contribute to the Community!