GE

3.2

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at GE in October 2009.

The interview process was 45 minutes and consisted of about five behavioural questions. The interviewer asked about experience leadership, team work, and a time you encountered a difficult situation. GE really emphasizes innovation so be sure to have a good example of applying a creative and innovative solution to a problem. They also asked why you want to work for GE as a FMP.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you came up with an innovative solution to a problem.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for GE

Financial Management Program Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at GE.

A process of several interviews. The HR Manager and relevant senior positions are definitely seeking those who are most capable and interested in the position. Explaining why you want to be a part of the program carries a lot of weight.

Financial Management Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at GE in November 2013.

I had an initial phone interview that was fairly pleasant. The correspondent from HR was polite and none of the questions were very technical. Most of the questions were concerned with how I function as a student, my role on campus, and what my past experiences had been. Lasted around half an hour.

Interview Questions
    • What sort of challenges have you faced in school and how have you dealt with them?   Answer Question

Financial Management Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at GE in September 2012.

I got the interview via on-campus recruiting. Went to a gathering at a local bar/restaurant the night before for an informational session. I got interviewed by the CFO and he was extremely nice, made me feel at ease and was also helpful afterwards in answering questions.

Financial Management Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Greenville, SC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC (US)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at GE.

Multiple phone interviews since I lived in another city. The questions varied between technical & behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • How would you go about constructing an excel model that tracked the fluctuating prices of gas?   Answer Question
    No negotiations for the internship.

Financial Management Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at GE in January 2009.

On campus behavioral interview lasted 1 hour. Follow up interview was a few weeks later, was flown into Atlanta, GA for 6 back-to-back behavioral interviews. Interviewers were looking for employees who want a career in GE and who have demonstrated leadership over technical finance experience. Offer was extended a few weeks later.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Compensation is standard across the company. I was given a $3,000 signing bonus.

Financial Management Program Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at GE in July 2010.

Had two successful internships with the company (originally obtained through campus recruiter) and interviewed internally. Consisted of three 1:1 half hour interviews with finance managers.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you found that a concept that you learned in school was different than you found at the company.   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of a time when you went above and beyond what was expected of you.   Answer Question

Financial Management Program Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at GE in May 2010.

They will give you a call/email to inform you that you have made it to their shortlist of FMP potential applicants. There was limited information given in the email except for the fact that we would need to bring a calculator to the interview.

The interviews consisted of 2 rounds. The first round consists of 2 parts. The first part is where we have to do a test on basic accounting, to see if we understood the balance sheet and its dynamics. After the test, we had an 1:1 interview with a financial controller who once went through the FMP program. If we are recommended by our interviewer, we will make it to the next round.

The next round consists of a case study where there is a panel of interviewers accessing you. You will be required to present a pseudo company that you are planning to start or is already running and try to the the interviewers who are supposed to be bankers to lend you a certain sum of money. What they were looking for will be your ability to present, make logical deductions and persuasiveness amidst many other criteria that I'm not sure about.

The work culture in the FMP program is crazy. After hearing from the people in the program and people who have gone out of the program, I realized that i will be working 13 hour days on average and will have very little sleep. I think that the FMP program is a great program for people who do not want a worklife balance.

Financial Management Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GE in August 2009.

I applied through my university's career office. My first interview was with a campus recruiter. The interview was all behavioral. The second round interview was all behavioral as well. My only advice would be to have a great answer for typical behavioral questions: strengths and weaknesses, what's your favorite course, etc.

Interview Questions

Worked for GE? Contribute to the Community!