GE Capital Interview Questions

Updated 17 Oct, 2014
Updated 17 Oct, 2014

2.9

RMP Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at GE Capital.

First round on campus, with a Risk Leader. Some technical questions but nothing too difficult. Final round superday at Meadowvale office - 3 interviews, HR, current RMP, and Risk Leader. Superday is not technical, only behavioural

Interview Questions
    • Superday questions focused a lot on values and integrity.   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GE Capital.

Two interviews. First interview: with the manager (future boss) and a senior manager. They ask mostly about technical problems such as your knowledge on Microsoft Office such as: "what is the excel command for a Vlookup." They also ask behavioural questions such as "what would you do if...." and "describe a situation when...". Expect questions from past experiences as well. They also ask questions to determine your personality to make sure you fit well with the team that you will be working with. Extensive background check that takes about 1 week.

Second interview: with the manager (future boss), and his right-hand person. This is more of a casual introduction than an interview. They will go through the company culture and the team structure, giving you a general idea on the role you will be taking on.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly behavioural questions. For example: Describe a time where you had difficulty with a task, and how you handled it", "What makes you a good fit at GE Capital?"   Answer Question

Field Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at GE Capital in March 2014.

Phone Interview:
    The phone interview was really basic. Just asking about what sort of work I have done in the past. What are my salary expectations. Giving a brief description of what the job, salary plus package is. *company car included*
    In Person Interview:
    I met with the Audit manger, and one manager was on the conference call. They didnt ask alot of technical questions, most of them were situation based. Example "How did you react to a customer that wanted to break the policies and procedures that were in place"
    "How would describe your ideal day at work"
    "Are you okay with 75% traveling"
    The interviewers were really nice. They explained the job really well and also explained the salary package in detail. Encouraged to ask questions about the company and the job.
    2nd Interview with the Director of CDF and HR Manager:
    Again really nice people. Similar questions to the previous interview. More focused on the job description and where this job could lead to.

They offered my 44,000$/yr. I negotiated it to 46,000$/yr

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at GE Capital in August 2013.

The job was in optimization of sales forces using metrics. I came too prepared and talked about optimization processes in too much detail. That lead to my downfall, I guess they don't like when you spit all the theory out. I was probably the most competent since I had done previous work with metrics but I somehow messed up the interview. Very standard questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me more about yourself.
      Weakness/strengths?
      Why GE?
        Answer Question

AAM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at GE Capital.

Application in October. First round phone interview notice given after two weeks. Another two-three weeks later, notice for 2nd & 3rd round on-site. Second and third round back to back in their Mississauga office. One with an account manager, another with a senior sales leader

Interview Questions
    • Among all your experiences, what was your favourite? Least favourite?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GE Capital in October 2011.

After applying I was scheduled for an on campus interview. Once I got in the lady said that she is very sorry but the interviewer I was originally scheduled for was double booked. The questions were very standard behavioural questions. By the end of the interview I was told that there are a lot of sales positions opening at GE Capital. I guess they had already made up their mind before I even came for an interview. About 6 months after the interview I got an email saying I didin't get it. Overall the interview was very polite and friendly.

Assistant Accounts Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON

The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at GE Capital in February 2011.

Three rounds of interviews, back to back. Very casual, experience-based. Very little to no behavioural-based questions. The interviewers seemed to have conversed with each other before coming into the room, and had basically already made up their minds before the interview even started. Granted I was nervous and stumbled through the first one a bit, but thought I had more than made up for it with the last two interviews. Not so helpful if the first interviewer already influenced everyone else.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your experience at [enter a resume item here].   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at GE Capital in February 2009.

mostly behaviourial relatd including strengths and weaknesses. lots of queries and specifics regarding accomplishments. likes and dislikes of the job functions. challenges faced on the job and means taken to resolve them along with the outcomes. vision of career path and if going to be sufficiently content with the current opportunity being interviewed for.

Interview Questions
    • describe a weakness   View Answer
    • a time when your work was criticized and what did you do about it   View Answer

IT Leader Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at GE Capital.

Well organized. I started with recruiter and a phone interview with hiring manager followed by onsite interviews with business colleagues, senior IT leaders (including CIO) and HR. I spent 45 minutes to an hour with each person. Each interview was very informative and interactive. Great people and great process from parking, security check in, and interview schedule allowing for enough time to learn about the company and the role. The people I interviewed with were intelligent, experienced and a mix of new and tenured employees.

Interview Questions
    • None come to mind. A lot of experience questions, cultural fit questions, etc.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GE Capital in October 2014.

Initially applied online and completed an assessment test. Which was basically regarding banking policies and how to scenarios, as well as personality Q&As. Once completed I was immediately offered to schedule a phone interview.

I missed the first call and was luckily able to reschedule for the following day(they only allow you to reschedule once). After we went over my resume and HR asked me some basic customer service questions and went over some WWYD scenarios she placed me on a brief hold and told me they would like to set up an onsite interview. UNFORTUNATELY they did not have any start dates so she told me to check back with their career center and email for upcoming dates.

I received an email about week later, on a Tuesday, letting me know I could schedule an interview. They only had interviews for that Wednesday and Thursday available, luckily I was off Thursday and scheduled my interview (pretty inconvenient since it last minute, especially if your currently employed). I received a confirmation email immediately after with my time and date. The following day, around 4pm, I received a call from their business letting me know they OVERBOOKED ALL of their interview time slots but training may open up in January or February 2015.... (What!). Since I was at work I couldn't call their career center so I called them Thursday morning before my interview to inquire. The associate Jeff was rude and non-empathetic. I told him of the call I received and after validating my information he informed me that it seems that I am still scheduled for the interview that day, Thursday at 11am. I told him of the associate that called me and he said, "I would still show up if I were you". I thanked him and he hung up without even a departing greeting.

I went ahead and got dressed for this interview, printed out the documents they requested of me and had a family member drop me off. Thank goodness I told my family member to wait 10 minutes just in case. I arrived at 10:45am and spoke with the receptionist about why I was there. The front desk personnel was talking to another associate that they were told they were done with interviews but went in the back to inform HR of my arrival. HR came out and informed me that they contacted me regarding canceling the interview due to overbooking the time slots. I was polite but pretty livid that it seems as if their career center service aren't on the same page. Also, why indicate your hiring but have no real start date. Plus how do you even overbook an interview?! I was initially excited to potentially work for them but now I'm happy I know what type of business they run.. INCONSISTENT.