GE Capital Interview Questions

Updated 22 Apr, 2015

2.9

RMP Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at GE Capital.

Interview

First round on campus, with a Risk Leader. Some technical questions but nothing too difficult. Final round superday at Meadowvale office - 3 interviews, HR, current RMP, and Risk Leader. Superday is not technical, only behavioural

Interview Questions

• Superday questions focused a lot on values and integrity.   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GE Capital (Mississauga, ON).

Interview

Two interviews. First interview: with the manager (future boss) and a senior manager. They ask mostly about technical problems such as your knowledge on Microsoft Office such as: "what is the excel command for a Vlookup." They also ask behavioural questions such as "what would you do if...." and "describe a situation when...". Expect questions from past experiences as well. They also ask questions to determine your personality to make sure you fit well with the team that you will be working with. Extensive background check that takes about 1 week.

Second interview: with the manager (future boss), and his right-hand person. This is more of a casual introduction than an interview. They will go through the company culture and the team structure, giving you a general idea on the role you will be taking on.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioural questions. For example: Describe a time where you had difficulty with a task, and how you handled it", "What makes you a good fit at GE Capital?"   Answer Question

Field Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at GE Capital (Edmonton, AB) in March 2014.

Interview

Phone Interview:
    The phone interview was really basic. Just asking about what sort of work I have done in the past. What are my salary expectations. Giving a brief description of what the job, salary plus package is. *company car included*
    In Person Interview:
    I met with the Audit manger, and one manager was on the conference call. They didnt ask alot of technical questions, most of them were situation based. Example "How did you react to a customer that wanted to break the policies and procedures that were in place"
    "How would describe your ideal day at work"
    "Are you okay with 75% traveling"
    The interviewers were really nice. They explained the job really well and also explained the salary package in detail. Encouraged to ask questions about the company and the job.
    2nd Interview with the Director of CDF and HR Manager:
    Again really nice people. Similar questions to the previous interview. More focused on the job description and where this job could lead to.

Negotiation

They offered my 44,000$/yr. I negotiated it to 46,000$/yr

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at GE Capital (Montreal, QC) in August 2013.

Interview

The job was in optimization of sales forces using metrics. I came too prepared and talked about optimization processes in too much detail. That lead to my downfall, I guess they don't like when you spit all the theory out. I was probably the most competent since I had done previous work with metrics but I somehow messed up the interview. Very standard questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me more about yourself.
      Weakness/strengths?
      Why GE?

Answer Question

AAM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at GE Capital (Mississauga, ON).

Interview

Application in October. First round phone interview notice given after two weeks. Another two-three weeks later, notice for 2nd & 3rd round on-site. Second and third round back to back in their Mississauga office. One with an account manager, another with a senior sales leader

Interview Questions

• Among all your experiences, what was your favourite? Least favourite?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GE Capital (Toronto, ON) in October 2011.

Interview

After applying I was scheduled for an on campus interview. Once I got in the lady said that she is very sorry but the interviewer I was originally scheduled for was double booked. The questions were very standard behavioural questions. By the end of the interview I was told that there are a lot of sales positions opening at GE Capital. I guess they had already made up their mind before I even came for an interview. About 6 months after the interview I got an email saying I didin't get it. Overall the interview was very polite and friendly.

Assistant Accounts Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON

Application

The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at GE Capital (Mississauga, ON) in February 2011.

Interview

Three rounds of interviews, back to back. Very casual, experience-based. Very little to no behavioural-based questions. The interviewers seemed to have conversed with each other before coming into the room, and had basically already made up their minds before the interview even started. Granted I was nervous and stumbled through the first one a bit, but thought I had more than made up for it with the last two interviews. Not so helpful if the first interviewer already influenced everyone else.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience at [enter a resume item here].   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at GE Capital in February 2009.

Interview

mostly behaviourial relatd including strengths and weaknesses. lots of queries and specifics regarding accomplishments. likes and dislikes of the job functions. challenges faced on the job and means taken to resolve them along with the outcomes. vision of career path and if going to be sufficiently content with the current opportunity being interviewed for.

Interview Questions

• describe a weakness   1 Answer
    • a time when your work was criticized and what did you do about it   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Interview

Typical prescreen, phone interview then face to face. The team was friendly and wanted to ensure I had the required skills initially. Then quickly moved on to determining fit. On boarding was very efficient and mostly electronic.

Interview Questions

• What are trade offs typically considered.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Open and honest.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at GE Capital (New Orleans, LA (US)).

Interview

First Phase: Phone interview with my prospective manager. I was emailed a time that he would call me. Second Phase: I was sent an email telling me that I passed the first round and given a date and time for an in person interview. The in person interview had two parts. I met with an HR representative in her office briefly. Following that interview, I met with another employee in a different office. All of the interviewers were very nice.

Interview Questions

• Phone Interview by Manager: Give me a time when you were a leader. Give me a time when you had to solve a problem. Questions like that. HR Interview in Person: What do you like about your job? Additional Employee in Person Interview: What are your interests?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, the salary was already set.