GE Capital Interview Questions & Reviews

2.9

Field Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Edmonton, AB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at GE Capital in March 2014.

Phone Interview:
    The phone interview was really basic. Just asking about what sort of work I have done in the past. What are my salary expectations. Giving a brief description of what the job, salary plus package is. *company car included*
    In Person Interview:
    I met with the Audit manger, and one manager was on the conference call. They didnt ask alot of technical questions, most of them were situation based. Example "How did you react to a customer that wanted to break the policies and procedures that were in place"
    "How would describe your ideal day at work"
    "Are you okay with 75% traveling"
    The interviewers were really nice. They explained the job really well and also explained the salary package in detail. Encouraged to ask questions about the company and the job.
    2nd Interview with the Director of CDF and HR Manager:
    Again really nice people. Similar questions to the previous interview. More focused on the job description and where this job could lead to.

They offered my 44,000$/yr. I negotiated it to 46,000$/yr

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Montreal, QC
    Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at GE Capital in August 2013.

The job was in optimization of sales forces using metrics. I came too prepared and talked about optimization processes in too much detail. That lead to my downfall, I guess they don't like when you spit all the theory out. I was probably the most competent since I had done previous work with metrics but I somehow messed up the interview. Very standard questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me more about yourself.
      Weakness/strengths?
      Why GE?
        Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at GE Capital in October 2011.

After applying I was scheduled for an on campus interview. Once I got in the lady said that she is very sorry but the interviewer I was originally scheduled for was double booked. The questions were very standard behavioural questions. By the end of the interview I was told that there are a lot of sales positions opening at GE Capital. I guess they had already made up their mind before I even came for an interview. About 6 months after the interview I got an email saying I didin't get it. Overall the interview was very polite and friendly.

AAM Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Mississauga, ON
    Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at GE Capital.

Application in October. First round phone interview notice given after two weeks. Another two-three weeks later, notice for 2nd & 3rd round on-site. Second and third round back to back in their Mississauga office. One with an account manager, another with a senior sales leader

Interview Questions
    • Among all your experiences, what was your favourite? Least favourite?   Answer Question

Assistant Accounts Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Mississauga, ON
    Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON

The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at GE Capital in February 2011.

Three rounds of interviews, back to back. Very casual, experience-based. Very little to no behavioural-based questions. The interviewers seemed to have conversed with each other before coming into the room, and had basically already made up their minds before the interview even started. Granted I was nervous and stumbled through the first one a bit, but thought I had more than made up for it with the last two interviews. Not so helpful if the first interviewer already influenced everyone else.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your experience at [enter a resume item here].   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at GE Capital in February 2009.

mostly behaviourial relatd including strengths and weaknesses. lots of queries and specifics regarding accomplishments. likes and dislikes of the job functions. challenges faced on the job and means taken to resolve them along with the outcomes. vision of career path and if going to be sufficiently content with the current opportunity being interviewed for.

Interview Questions
    • describe a weakness   View Answer
    • a time when your work was criticized and what did you do about it   View Answer

Financial Statement Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Stamford, CT (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT (US)

I interviewed online - interviewed at GE Capital in August 2014.

I was contacted by the GE consultant to set up a time for a telephone interview. As scheduled the consultant called me Tuesday morning and mostly went through the interview process, the company and general stuff. She also told me the hiring manager was on vacation and will be back next week when I will be called for an On site interview. She even gave me the hiring managers name and discussed about the compensation. I did not receive any email from the manager the whole week. I emailed the consultant and asked her about the status. She was very quick with her response and told me will touch base with the manager. Next day I got an email saying-Hiring manager had interviewed few candidates before she went to vacation and has decided to go with one of them.

Interview Questions
    • No questions asked as I wasn't even called for an interview   Answer Question

Finance Manager Interview

I knew GE would be a tough place to get in. So I wrote to the HR at GE without any expectation to get an interview. I told them in the letter that I would be a good fit but if they want to pass on a great candidate then it's at their own cost. "Go ahead and select other candidates" is what I told them. I got hired.

Interview Questions
    • Do you wind working long hours? Does your wife work also?   Answer Question

Lead Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Stamford, CT (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT (US)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week - interviewed at GE Capital.

I was contacted by a recruiter. The interview was quite easy, just resume questions and basic technical questions based on my skill set. They are seeking for someone who has both solid data analysis/programming skills and good academic background. So ivy kids are lucky! They moved very quickly.

Interview Questions
    • explain the US investment visa program and compare it to the similar programs in Canada and Australia   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Credit Sales Manager TJX Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Miami, FL (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL (US)

I interviewed through other source - interviewed at GE Capital in July 2014.

First Interview by phone with HR, standard and efficient, Second Interview by phone with Regional Sales Manger, in depth, friendly and professional, Third interview, Face to Face with Regional Sales Manager (and Client ) Flown from Florida to Boston on a 6am flight, not given adequate time to travel the 65 miles to the corporate office, ground transportation was not pre arranged and pre paid. Arrived to the interview late which was unavoidable. Interview did not go well. Was flown back to different airport than departure airport causing additional expense and time Found out I was no longer a candidate one week later by checking my status on the company website. Never received a response from the Regional Sales Manger to follow up E mail or E mail regarding reimbursement issues. Received reimbursement 3 weeks after expenses submitted

Interview Questions
    • Describe a day in the Life of GE credit sales Manager?   View Answer

Worked for GE Capital? Contribute to the Community!