GE Capital Interview Questions

2.9

Field Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Edmonton, AB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at GE Capital in March 2014.

Phone Interview:
    The phone interview was really basic. Just asking about what sort of work I have done in the past. What are my salary expectations. Giving a brief description of what the job, salary plus package is. *company car included*
    In Person Interview:
    I met with the Audit manger, and one manager was on the conference call. They didnt ask alot of technical questions, most of them were situation based. Example "How did you react to a customer that wanted to break the policies and procedures that were in place"
    "How would describe your ideal day at work"
    "Are you okay with 75% traveling"
    The interviewers were really nice. They explained the job really well and also explained the salary package in detail. Encouraged to ask questions about the company and the job.
    2nd Interview with the Director of CDF and HR Manager:
    Again really nice people. Similar questions to the previous interview. More focused on the job description and where this job could lead to.

They offered my 44,000$/yr. I negotiated it to 46,000$/yr

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Montreal, QC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at GE Capital in August 2013.

The job was in optimization of sales forces using metrics. I came too prepared and talked about optimization processes in too much detail. That lead to my downfall, I guess they don't like when you spit all the theory out. I was probably the most competent since I had done previous work with metrics but I somehow messed up the interview. Very standard questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me more about yourself.
      Weakness/strengths?
      Why GE?
        Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at GE Capital in October 2011.

After applying I was scheduled for an on campus interview. Once I got in the lady said that she is very sorry but the interviewer I was originally scheduled for was double booked. The questions were very standard behavioural questions. By the end of the interview I was told that there are a lot of sales positions opening at GE Capital. I guess they had already made up their mind before I even came for an interview. About 6 months after the interview I got an email saying I didin't get it. Overall the interview was very polite and friendly.

AAM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mississauga, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at GE Capital.

Application in October. First round phone interview notice given after two weeks. Another two-three weeks later, notice for 2nd & 3rd round on-site. Second and third round back to back in their Mississauga office. One with an account manager, another with a senior sales leader

Interview Questions
    • Among all your experiences, what was your favourite? Least favourite?   Answer Question

Assistant Accounts Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mississauga, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON

The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at GE Capital in February 2011.

Three rounds of interviews, back to back. Very casual, experience-based. Very little to no behavioural-based questions. The interviewers seemed to have conversed with each other before coming into the room, and had basically already made up their minds before the interview even started. Granted I was nervous and stumbled through the first one a bit, but thought I had more than made up for it with the last two interviews. Not so helpful if the first interviewer already influenced everyone else.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your experience at [enter a resume item here].   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at GE Capital in February 2009.

mostly behaviourial relatd including strengths and weaknesses. lots of queries and specifics regarding accomplishments. likes and dislikes of the job functions. challenges faced on the job and means taken to resolve them along with the outcomes. vision of career path and if going to be sufficiently content with the current opportunity being interviewed for.

Interview Questions
    • describe a weakness   View Answer
    • a time when your work was criticized and what did you do about it   View Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at GE Capital in June 2014.

Recruitment process for me included an aptitude test that has questions from diverse domains viz. statistics credit card knowlegde, data interpretation, quant....later is the face to face tech round which is mostly a behavioral round with case studies and basic SAS questions... the last and final is the HR round which is to close the deal.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were expected viz. the puzzles or behavioral questions   Answer Question
    GE is conservative in terms of pay as compared to other companies, however they are paying competent with the market. So after seeing the package i was offered(which is far better than other companies), i was hardly in a position to negotiate.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied online - interviewed at GE Capital in August 2014.

Application online. Filled out and took initial assessment. Told immediately that I passes test and could schedule phone interview but no times were available... To check back. Over 3-4 days kept checking then late Sunday night... Boom! Phone interview: lady called 5 kind early. Very kind. BE UPBEAT!! After, she put me on hold to "check over things". Came back on phone and offered me onsite interview. But again... No time slots available. Had to wait to schedule. Two days later... BOOM! Onsite interview following week. Arrived early. Only waited 20 minutes. Lady came out at exactly the right time. Very friendly, behavioral type questions. Tell me about... Can you name... Etc. she left the room to talk to HR. Came back and offered me job and gave pay info. Asked to pick my shift right then. Schedule fingerprint and drug screen immediately. Spent 3 weeks waiting for background check to be completed. STRESSFUL!! Got email because they couldn't get in touch with past employer and needed w2. Faxed off. Then, waited some more. Called today to check in on process and she confirmed I passed and everything was a okay!!!

N/a

Account Manager Interview

I applied for a position and luckily I got an email quickly to set up the phone interview. The phone interview went great and actually was fairly quick I knew right at that time that she would be setting me up for a face to face interview. They set up the face to face interviews really quickly also. I met with 4 people every 30 minutes. Intimidating but the people were great and actually made me feel at ease. They all went great and I now have another phone interview hopefully to wrap up the details and be offered the position!!

Interview Questions
    • What is your biggest weakness and how did you overcome....this is always a tough question for me   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Fill out application con their website. After phone interview i got an appointment for an onsite interview. Have to cancel my interview due to personal reasons. Reschedule interview for later this month.

Worked for GE Capital? Contribute to the Community!