GE Capital

Relevance Date Difficulty

Field Service Representative Interview

Field Service Representative
Edmonton, AB

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at GE Capital in March 2014.

Interview Details Phone Interview:
The phone interview was really basic. Just asking about what sort of work I have done in the past. What are my salary expectations. Giving a brief description of what the job, salary plus package is. *company car included*
In Person Interview:
I met with the Audit manger, and one manager was on the conference call. They didnt ask alot of technical questions, most of them were situation based. Example "How did you react to a customer that wanted to break the policies and procedures that were in place"
"How would describe your ideal day at work"
"Are you okay with 75% traveling"
The interviewers were really nice. They explained the job really well and also explained the salary package in detail. Encouraged to ask questions about the company and the job.
2nd Interview with the Director of CDF and HR Manager:
Again really nice people. Similar questions to the previous interview. More focused on the job description and where this job could lead to.

Negotiation Details – They offered my 44,000$/yr. I negotiated it to 46,000$/yr

Intern Interview

Intern
Montreal, QC

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at GE Capital in August 2013.

Interview Details The job was in optimization of sales forces using metrics. I came too prepared and talked about optimization processes in too much detail. That lead to my downfall, I guess they don't like when you spit all the theory out. I was probably the most competent since I had done previous work with metrics but I somehow messed up the interview. Very standard questions.

Interview Question – Tell me more about yourself.
Weakness/strengths?
Why GE?
  Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Toronto, ON

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at GE Capital in October 2011.

Interview Details After applying I was scheduled for an on campus interview. Once I got in the lady said that she is very sorry but the interviewer I was originally scheduled for was double booked. The questions were very standard behavioural questions. By the end of the interview I was told that there are a lot of sales positions opening at GE Capital. I guess they had already made up their mind before I even came for an interview. About 6 months after the interview I got an email saying I didin't get it. Overall the interview was very polite and friendly.

Interview Question – It was a very standard behavioural interview.   Answer Question

AAM Interview

AAM
Mississauga, ON

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at GE Capital.

Interview Details Application in October. First round phone interview notice given after two weeks. Another two-three weeks later, notice for 2nd & 3rd round on-site. Second and third round back to back in their Mississauga office. One with an account manager, another with a senior sales leader

Interview Question – Among all your experiences, what was your favourite? Least favourite?   Answer Question

Assistant Accounts Manager Interview

Assistant Accounts Manager
Mississauga, ON

The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at GE Capital in February 2011.

Interview Details Three rounds of interviews, back to back. Very casual, experience-based. Very little to no behavioural-based questions. The interviewers seemed to have conversed with each other before coming into the room, and had basically already made up their minds before the interview even started. Granted I was nervous and stumbled through the first one a bit, but thought I had more than made up for it with the last two interviews. Not so helpful if the first interviewer already influenced everyone else.

Interview Question – Tell me about your experience at [enter a resume item here].   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at GE Capital in February 2009.

Interview Details mostly behaviourial relatd including strengths and weaknesses. lots of queries and specifics regarding accomplishments. likes and dislikes of the job functions. challenges faced on the job and means taken to resolve them along with the outcomes. vision of career path and if going to be sufficiently content with the current opportunity being interviewed for.

Interview Questions

Collections Representative Interview

Collections Representative
Dayton, OH (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at GE Capital in June 2014.

Interview Details By far the most drawn out interview and hiring process I've ever been put through. It took approximately three and a half months between completing my application to the time I finally received confirmation regarding the job, and after the company purposely wasted my time and money they didn't even have the decency of calling to inform me that they had chosen a different candidate for the position.

Interview Question – They asked many questions, none of which were overly difficult.   Answer Question

All Interview

All

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at GE Capital.

Interview Details Be sure to use the EARL method process for answering questions, expect to be asked multistep questions, and about strengths and weaknesses. The interview process is lengthy, and the offer process is also long. Be patient, it will be worth it. There will be a lot of back and forth, and perhaps multiple rounds, depending on the slate.

Interview Question – Situational Questions   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at GE Capital

Interview Details Two rounds of interviews. First round with future colleagues including two directors and the current intern. Second round with the hiring director again and the head of the team (MD).

Interview Question – Talk about the investment market   Answer Question

Paralegal Interview

Paralegal

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at GE Capital.

Interview Details Interview was fine , 1 week hiring. One on two with a person that I was not even going to work for. The person I was going to work for said nothing.

Reason for Declining – There was no training program for my specific podition, had to be in with customer service and accounting people. Once I got to the work station i had a nuddy but was exprctef yo figure it out on my own was 70%. Then yhere are no bonuses or insentive pay. Plus I told the up front I wad not going yo be doing collection. They gave collections the third week. Also ran into very aggressive people that had low tolerance for newbies.

Worked for GE Capital? Contribute to the Community!