G&K Services Territory Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated 7 May, 2015

2.6

Reset

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at G&K Services.

Interview

several interviews, first was a phone interview HR representative and she asked most of the expected questions, very typical. Second stage was another phone interview with the director of sales, he talked a lot and It was hard to get a word in. I felt like he was basically almost trying to talk me out of the position. 3rd interview he told me was just a chance to meet him face to face and ask him any questions I might have about the role. The last interview was with the GM and the vice president of Canadian operations, it was a bit frustrating because I felt like none of the information I had given to the HR and Director had made their way to these individuals. They asked me many of the same questions any nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions

• If you had a bad day and nothing went your way how would you respond and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They did not accept any negotiations

Other Interview Reviews for G&K Services

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at G&K Services (Hamilton, ON) in January-2011.

Interview

Interview process took about 6 weeks. Very professional process. Led to believe it is a great organization to work for with opportunities for advancement.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation on salary

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at G&K Services.

Interview

Found job posting on LinkedIn and sent a direct message to the recruiter. An hour later I received a response and scheduled a phone interview for later that day. Went on to do a face to face with the district sales manager. Then scheduled and did a face to face with the sales manager and a ride along. Final step was a phone interview with the regional sales director. Receieved a call the next day that they wanted to make an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Tried to negotiate base but they stick to thier guns.

Make sure sales is what you want to do and be sure you can see yourself making a long term career move. They invest a lot in the hiring process to get the right people.

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at G&K Services in March-2015.

Interview

What did you do at last job, how many calls sales did you make. Are you a team player? Big focus on being a "hunter". Must have drive to cold call and deal with lengthy sales cycle. Positive attitude a must and buy into corprate ideas. They ask about personal motivation as well.

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at G&K Services (Albany, NY (US)) in October-2014.

Interview

Spoke with Recruiter-> HR -> District Sales Manager -> Regional Sales Manager -> then back to DSM for questions and conversations ranging from 10-60 minutes in length. The majority of the questions were basic interview questions catered towards the industry.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with dirty laundry?   1 Answer

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bensenville, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at G&K Services (Bensenville, IL (US)) in August-2014.

Interview

Phone interview with HR after that I had a phone interview with the Sales Manager then a face to face with the Sales Manager a face to face with the General Manager and then a half a day ride along with a Sales Representative

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at G&K Services.

Interview

3 Part Interview

Negotiation

Salary negotiation

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at G&K Services (Houston, TX (US)) in June-2010.

Interview

I was working with a recruiter who got me the initial interview, which was over the phone with the HR rep. It was very basic and lasted maybe 15 minutes. She then had me take the basic sales personality test and an aptitude test. She passed me along to the Sales Manager who interviewed me a couple of days after the first interview. The second interview lasted about an hour. It started with very common interview questions which the manager told me were required by corporate for every candidate. The manager sailed through these then asked some of her own questions which were more job relevant, but not extremely difficult. The entire interview lasted about an hour including chit chat time towards the end after I had sort of hit it off with the manager. She scheduled me for a ridealong with one of the Sr. Sales reps for a day later that week. The ridealong was very relaxed, I had a good open conversation with the rep, and did some coldcalling (5 or 10 doors) and then it was back to the office by lunch. I then met with the General Manager which seemed like a formality. They then took me to lunch and the offer was in my hand upon return to the office. The entire process lasted about a week and I started working in less than 10 days total.

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at G&K Services in February-2010.

Interview

The interview was a very casual experience. The g.m. reviewed my resume' and we discussed each major point. He brought up a section and I elaborated. He gave me a overview of where the company at this location was and the direction that he wants it to go. He gave a vision of what would occur if the location continued its successful trend. He described his expectations and the quality of life that would be available with individual success in the job. It was an excellent conversation and exchange of information. I was given a tour of the facility and ended the interview very positively. I have to admit that I was very dissappointed that I was not given an offer. I think that they might have been looking to hire from a competitor. The atmosphere was very positive and as I have read before it is not a churn and burn culture.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer did not follow a script but wanted to have a discussion to see if I would be a good fit for the company.   Answer Question

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at G&K Services in August-2009.

Interview

face to face with 2 different managers