G&K Services Territory Sales Representative Interview Questions

2.4

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Territory Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at G&K Services.

several interviews, first was a phone interview HR representative and she asked most of the expected questions, very typical. Second stage was another phone interview with the director of sales, he talked a lot and It was hard to get a word in. I felt like he was basically almost trying to talk me out of the position. 3rd interview he told me was just a chance to meet him face to face and ask him any questions I might have about the role. The last interview was with the GM and the vice president of Canadian operations, it was a bit frustrating because I felt like none of the information I had given to the HR and Director had made their way to these individuals. They asked me many of the same questions any nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions
  • If you had a bad day and nothing went your way how would you respond and why?   Answer Question
They did not accept any negotiations

Other Interview Reviews for G&K Services

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hamilton, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, ON

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at G&K Services in January 2011.

Interview process took about 6 weeks. Very professional process. Led to believe it is a great organization to work for with opportunities for advancement.

No negotiation on salary

Territory Sales Representative Interview

I applied online - interviewed at G&K Services.

3 Part Interview

Salary negotiation

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at G&K Services in June 2010.

I was working with a recruiter who got me the initial interview, which was over the phone with the HR rep. It was very basic and lasted maybe 15 minutes. She then had me take the basic sales personality test and an aptitude test. She passed me along to the Sales Manager who interviewed me a couple of days after the first interview. The second interview lasted about an hour. It started with very common interview questions which the manager told me were required by corporate for every candidate. The manager sailed through these then asked some of her own questions which were more job relevant, but not extremely difficult. The entire interview lasted about an hour including chit chat time towards the end after I had sort of hit it off with the manager. She scheduled me for a ridealong with one of the Sr. Sales reps for a day later that week. The ridealong was very relaxed, I had a good open conversation with the rep, and did some coldcalling (5 or 10 doors) and then it was back to the office by lunch. I then met with the General Manager which seemed like a formality. They then took me to lunch and the offer was in my hand upon return to the office. The entire process lasted about a week and I started working in less than 10 days total.

Territory Sales Representative Interview

The process took 2 days - interviewed at G&K Services in February 2010.

The interview was a very casual experience. The g.m. reviewed my resume' and we discussed each major point. He brought up a section and I elaborated. He gave me a overview of where the company at this location was and the direction that he wants it to go. He gave a vision of what would occur if the location continued its successful trend. He described his expectations and the quality of life that would be available with individual success in the job. It was an excellent conversation and exchange of information. I was given a tour of the facility and ended the interview very positively. I have to admit that I was very dissappointed that I was not given an offer. I think that they might have been looking to hire from a competitor. The atmosphere was very positive and as I have read before it is not a churn and burn culture.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer did not follow a script but wanted to have a discussion to see if I would be a good fit for the company.   Answer Question

Territory Sales Representative Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at G&K Services in August 2009.

face to face with 2 different managers

Territory Sales Representative Interview

The process took 2 months - interviewed at G&K Services in August 2009.

I went through a phone screen, phone interview, online assessment, in-person interview, ride-along, followed by three more in-person interviews.

Interview Questions
    • In my experience, I have never had it work out when I hired someone from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.   View Answer

Territory Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at G&K Services in May 2009.

Starter off with a phone interview. A week later had the first face to face. Went on a ride-along with another sales rep. Then was brought back in to receive an offer. Took about 3 weeks total from the first interview till the offer.

Interview Questions
    Not much room to negotiate. They already have your offer drafter and ready for you to sign.

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Louisville, KY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at G&K Services in September 2008.

I posted my job on careerbuilder.com. A recruiter contacted me. She did an initial phone screen interview asked me a couple of basic questions. How I handled certain sales oriented issues. (ie...what do you do if your sales are down..) Set up second interview with District Sales Manager met him at a Chili's asked behavioral interview questions. (ie..tell me about a time that you had an issue with another employee what was the outcome?) They use Oxicon for there interview process. I had to then take a personality test. At which point I had a third interview with the Director of Sales. He described the position a little more in detail and asked a few more questions. Finally, I had an interview with the General Manager. He asked me the same types of questions. Before they made an offer I went on a ride along with one of the reps. When I got backe they made an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you did not agree with something your manager wanted you to do.   View Answers (2)
    I was unable to negotiate anything. $37,000 + commission which is kind of tough to obtain. Also, reps get a car allowance. He said thats all I can do. Take or leave it.

Worked for G&K Services? Contribute to the Community!