Fry's Electronics Computer Sales Interview Questions

Updated 24 Jun, 2014

2.0

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Computer Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Webster, TX (US)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Webster, TX (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fry's Electronics in October 2013.

You will be required to attend three interviews and answer certain questions. Between the interviews you will be asked to take a drug test and come back. Third and the last interview is with the store manager, who also makes the final decision.

Other Interview Reviews for Fry's Electronics

Computer Sales Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Fry's Electronics in May 2012.

1st interview was with the computer sales manager and he asked me a couple of questions about the latest Intel and AMD CPU and their names. Then followed a 2nd interview with sales department manager and went through my experience and sales background. He’d mention to me that when hired, it will be a 3-week of training and the wage will be based on $10 an hour. After 3 weeks, it will be 100% commission sales with minimum wage draw, which means if one doesn't make a minimum of 35 hours a week/minimum wage, the company will still pay you the difference, but when you made over the minimum wage next week, they will deduct from it. Anyway, think of it as 100% commission. Next day, a 3rd interview was with the store manager. Basically, once you are at this stage, you are 99.99% hired. Store manager explained to me about the commission and the draw and I'd mention to him that department manager mentioned it to me yesterday. I've asked him during the interview, instead of 3 weeks of training period, I would like to shorten it to 1 week and go right straight to the commission after the 2nd week. He was reluctant to say ok, but will keep the door open after my 1st week of training.

Interview Questions
    • What are the latest CPUs offer by Intel and AMD?   View Answer
    • What peripherals can you offer a customer after they purchased a computer or a laptop?   Answer Question
    Basically, there is nothing to negotiate about because it is a 100% commission job. My suggestion is that ask for 1 week of sales training instead of 3 weeks. Since, it doesn't make any sense to live with minimum wage for another 2 weeks or more. Also, this would show your aggressiveness in wanting to make money. And that's what they want to see and also this is the purpose of going for a 100% commission job.

Computer Sales Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Fry's Electronics in September 2011.

2 interviews fairly standard
    tried to figure out where to put me i think
    they hire constantly

Computer Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Fry's Electronics in August 2011.

Just a quick very informal 1:1 Session where I was asked several computer hardware related questions. Make as if a customer wanted to build a computer for a certain ammount and for the purpose of gaming. What I would recommend.

Interview Questions
    • Do you know the difference in speed of different models of solid state drives?   View Answer
    There was none. It was straight from the 1:1 with questions about yourself, and finally being told to fill out some background check paper work and the position I would have. During the questions phase they did ask if my schedule was flexible. This would be the time to talk about hours. That's it. No talk of what the pay would be.

Computer Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  South Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Houston, TX (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Fry's Electronics in December 2010.

2 phone interviews and 4 person interview each 1:1 interview

Computer Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Duluth, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Fry's Electronics in April 2010.

New hires must fill out a physical application at the store. Once called in for the initial interview,you will be asked ridiculous questions about computers. They will also see what your selling capabilities are and how to over come objection. You will have at least two interviews. Then you will have to subject to a drug test and training for a week.

Interview Questions
    • How would you overcome objection? How would you sell warranty to a customer who talks about Clark Howard?   Answer Question

Computer Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Plano, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fry's Electronics in February 2009.

After following up with a few phone calls, I was finally scheduled a first interview, which also then turned into my second in the same day. The following week, I was called in to do my drug test, and I took the commission + minimum wage offer.

Computer Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fountain Valley, Orange, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fountain Valley, Orange, CA (US)

The process took a day - interviewed at Fry's Electronics in May 2008.

Saw them at a Job Fair at my Community College, did a one on one interview for 5 mins and they immediately offered me a position

No, pay started at 8.50/hr

Computer Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Palo Alto, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA (US)

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Fry's Electronics in June 2007.

They make you take a drug test, then there is a one on one interview with the manager or store manager. The interview isn't tough, even if you're not competent you'll get the job. If you want to be in sales you'll have to display some competency, and more importantly either go to a good school or have good experience. Otherwise you'll have to start in accessories or cashier and work your way up.

Interview Questions

Worked for Fry's Electronics? Contribute to the Community!