Fry's Electronics

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Webster, TX (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fry's Electronics in October 2013.

Interview Details You will be required to attend three interviews and answer certain questions. Between the interviews you will be asked to take a drug test and come back. Third and the last interview is with the store manager, who also makes the final decision.

Duluth, GA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Fry's Electronics in April 2010.

Interview Details New hires must fill out a physical application at the store. Once called in for the initial interview,you will be asked ridiculous questions about computers. They will also see what your selling capabilities are and how to over come objection. You will have at least two interviews. Then you will have to subject to a drug test and training for a week.

Interview Question – How would you overcome objection? How would you sell warranty to a customer who talks about Clark Howard?   Answer Question

Computer Sales

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Fry's Electronics in September 2011.

Interview Details 2 interviews fairly standard
tried to figure out where to put me i think
they hire constantly

Interview Question – what can we do for you?   Answer Question

Computer Sales

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Fry's Electronics in May 2012.

Interview Details 1st interview was with the computer sales manager and he asked me a couple of questions about the latest Intel and AMD CPU and their names. Then followed a 2nd interview with sales department manager and went through my experience and sales background. He’d mention to me that when hired, it will be a 3-week of training and the wage will be based on $10 an hour. After 3 weeks, it will be 100% commission sales with minimum wage draw, which means if one doesn't make a minimum of 35 hours a week/minimum wage, the company will still pay you the difference, but when you made over the minimum wage next week, they will deduct from it. Anyway, think of it as 100% commission. Next day, a 3rd interview was with the store manager. Basically, once you are at this stage, you are 99.99% hired. Store manager explained to me about the commission and the draw and I'd mention to him that department manager mentioned it to me yesterday. I've asked him during the interview, instead of 3 weeks of training period, I would like to shorten it to 1 week and go right straight to the commission after the 2nd week. He was reluctant to say ok, but will keep the door open after my 1st week of training.

Interview Questions

• What are the latest CPUs offer by Intel and AMD?   View Answer
  • What peripherals can you offer a customer after they purchased a computer or a laptop?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Basically, there is nothing to negotiate about because it is a 100% commission job. My suggestion is that ask for 1 week of sales training instead of 3 weeks. Since, it doesn't make any sense to live with minimum wage for another 2 weeks or more. Also, this would show your aggressiveness in wanting to make money. And that's what they want to see and also this is the purpose of going for a 100% commission job.

San Diego, CA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Fry's Electronics in August 2011.

Interview Details Just a quick very informal 1:1 Session where I was asked several computer hardware related questions. Make as if a customer wanted to build a computer for a certain ammount and for the purpose of gaming. What I would recommend.

Interview Question – Do you know the difference in speed of different models of solid state drives?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was none. It was straight from the 1:1 with questions about yourself, and finally being told to fill out some background check paper work and the position I would have. During the questions phase they did ask if my schedule was flexible. This would be the time to talk about hours. That's it. No talk of what the pay would be.

South Houston, TX (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Fry's Electronics in December 2010.

Interview Details 2 phone interviews and 4 person interview each 1:1 interview

Interview Question – What makes us hire you ?   Answer Question

Computer Sales
Fountain Valley, Orange, CA (US)

The process took a day - interviewed at Fry's Electronics in May 2008.

Interview Details Saw them at a Job Fair at my Community College, did a one on one interview for 5 mins and they immediately offered me a position

Interview Question – What experience in computers do you have?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No, pay started at 8.50/hr

Plano, TX (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fry's Electronics in February 2009.

Interview Details After following up with a few phone calls, I was finally scheduled a first interview, which also then turned into my second in the same day. The following week, I was called in to do my drug test, and I took the commission + minimum wage offer.

Interview Question – What makes you a qualified candidate.   Answer Question

Palo Alto, CA (US)

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Fry's Electronics in June 2007.

Interview Details They make you take a drug test, then there is a one on one interview with the manager or store manager. The interview isn't tough, even if you're not competent you'll get the job. If you want to be in sales you'll have to display some competency, and more importantly either go to a good school or have good experience. Otherwise you'll have to start in accessories or cashier and work your way up.

Interview Question – What is SLI?   View Answers (2)

Worked for Fry's Electronics? Contribute to the Community!