Freddie Mac

Getting the Interview

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Freddie Mac

Interview Details Initial contact was made by the recruiter that spend a few minutes to give more details on position and salary information.
Had one interview that that was around 30 minutes. Process was pretty easy

Interview Question – Only difficult questions were about the mortgage industry that aren't taught in school or regular discussed in other documents   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I wasn't able to negotiate a higher salary.

Senior Business Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Freddie Mac.

Interview Details Got a call from HR. Typical HR screening and filling-out form and was told a manager from the team will call. Routine questions and was then brought-in onsite. Meet with rest of the team and couple of interviews with director and vp.

Interview Question – Questions about subject matter and few technical questions that I had difficulty addressing, but not too bad.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer was not way out of the ball-park, but below what I had expected. So, I did suggest my concerns and got a call back from HR in a day - they accepted my request.

Senior Business Analyst
McLean, VA (US)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Freddie Mac in April 2010.

Interview Details Being an ex-GSE (from Fannie or Ginnie Mae) significantly improves chances for being hired. But certainly prior mortgage expirience is required. The interview process is usually a phone interview followed by a face-to-face interview. Often number of interviewers are no greater than 3 people. They look for personality and cultural match more than just the skills in resume

Interview Question – how would you manage office politics and transparency with managent   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Freddie Mac

Worked for Freddie Mac? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Freddie Mac Senior Business Analyst interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Freddie Mac employees and interview candidates.