Freddie Mac Interview Questions & Reviews

122 interviews

2.8

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Freddie Mac in September 2010.

The process was reasonable and typical. The position was never defined properly, and I spent most of my time at FM trying to drum-up work. Part of the problem may have been that a project I was hired to support was cancelled almost immediately after I was hired.

Not too bad. I got more than money than I perhaps thought I would get. The position description was vague from the beginning, and after I started I realized FM didn't really know what I was supposed to be doing either. Not a particularly auspicious start (or finish).

Multi-Family Underwriting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Freddie Mac in June 2014.

Recruiters worked fast and efficiently to schedule my interview. The company also paid for my Amtrak ticket from San Diego to their LA office. They got back to me the next week as to whether I got the position or not. Everyone I interacted with was very nice and professional.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't get asked any specific questions. They just described the position to me and asked if I would be okay with the job duties.   Answer Question

Project Management Senior Interview

Hiring is mostly by applying for jobs via the online portal. There is a campus recruitment for college hire that is a 2 year rotational program. The hiring for International candidates is more cumbersome due to the visa considerations.

Interview Questions
    • Would you be willing to shift from one group to another.   Answer Question

IT Director Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Freddie Mac in April 2014.

Applied online and was contacted by a recruiter a couple of days later (beginning of the week). He wanted my availability for a phone interview that week. I immediately provided my availability. Friday came and went, but I hadn't heard back.

I emailed the recruiter to see if they were still interested in speaking to me. He said yes and to provide availability for the following week. Got the interview set up.

Spoke to 2 individuals that are peers to this position. Basic interview about my background and my experience. They did ask if I had experience in a particular area, that was not mentioned anywhere in my resume.

Contacted the recruiter after the interview (as requested by him) and left a VM. It's been over a month and I haven't heard anything, so I guess I'm out of the running. Would have expected a "thanks but no thanks" email.

Senior Analyst Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Freddie Mac in November 2010.

Generally a quick proces. Submissions through on-line process. Submission was through the HR department. Was a positive experience. HR was very responsive and the in person interviews were pleasant. Interviews were with a wide range of staff. Range went from co-worker to head of department.

Interview Questions
    • Qustion regarding the Company's status in conservatorship.   Answer Question
    limited feedback. Asked what salary range looking for and they worked to match it.

Risk Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Freddie Mac.

The interview process was quick. The HR person coordinated scheduling for an in person interview with the hiring manager and a team member. The interviews were conducted professionally with questions focused on the technical requirements of the job. Overall, the hiring and interview process was quick and pleasant.

Interview Questions
    • The difficult questions were regarding the technical requirements of the job.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA (US)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Freddie Mac in October 2011.

Very confusing. Was not clear who would be the supervisor. Very rushed and haphazard.

Interview Questions
    Not much negotiation as the position was a consultant position.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Initial contact was made by the recruiter that spend a few minutes to give more details on position and salary information.
    Had one interview that that was around 30 minutes. Process was pretty easy

Interview Questions
    • Only difficult questions were about the mortgage industry that aren't taught in school or regular discussed in other documents   Answer Question
    I wasn't able to negotiate a higher salary.

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Freddie Mac in February 2014.

Applied through University recruiting and had a phone interview a few days later. I was invited to "Freddie Day" the following day, all expenses paid. Freddie Mac put candidates in a hotel and had us come down for an introduction/networking in the evening. The following day, there was a presentation, 2 panels consisting of current Technology Analysts and leaders of the company. There was a facility tour followed by 2 interviews. Overall, the process was fairly easy. During the interview just be yourself and talk about leadership. Was given an offer 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were behavioral with a few technical questions to judge familiarly, nothing too in depth.   Answer Question
    Didn't negotiate. Starting salary around market with a bit more considering the high cost of living in Northern Virginia.

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  McLean, VA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA (US)

The first round was a phone interview. Most of the questions were behavioral and afterwards the interviewer asked about field preferences. The second round was conducted at the Freddie office and was broken up into two 30 minute interviews. One technical and one behavioral. The questions were fairly easy and straightforward.

Interview Questions
    • Name the most difficult coding project you have worked on and list some lines of code from the assignment.   Answer Question

Worked for Freddie Mac? Contribute to the Community!