Fred Meyer

Updated 4 Nov, 2014
Updated 4 Nov, 2014

2.4

Home and Garden Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseburg, OR (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseburg, OR (US)

interviewed at Fred Meyer in October 2014.

I was contacted almost immediately for an interview at the store. It was a group interview where the manager asked all in the interview 6 questions to answer without using the same answer that someone else gave. it was a difficult process some of the time. After the 6 questions had been answered by everyone in attendance, we all filled out a two page questionnaire and handed it in. Then we were allowed to leave.

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fred Meyer in October 2014.

I was hired at 17 after one interview. The interview consisted of a group of questions that were asked of me by the Operations Manager. I was requested to complete a speed test on a training register, which I passed.

Interview Questions
    • Being asked to move to Spokane and Seattle Washington.   View Answer
    Very quick and simple basic questions.

Public Affairs Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Fred Meyer.

The manager who interviewed me didn't have a list of typed questions. Wrote notes in a journal in pencil and allowed me to run the interview and tell her what I wished. When I repeatedly asked her (in different ways) about her goals and vision for the department she didn't really answer and seemed to get upset. Now I know it is because she had none.

Interview Questions
    She offered a wage and I accepted. It was a good time to move from current position. In hind site it was a terrible move.

Home Electronics Clerk Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Fred Meyer.

HR called the day after I submitted my application. Unfortunately she brought me in at the start of the electronic managers vacation. I was first interviewed on the 2nd and on the 19th got the "You got the job" call. Very long process and interviews were less than professional.

Interview Questions
    HR asked what i was seeking.....she was honest about what they could offer.

Price Changer Interview

Not current with procedure. I was hired a long time ago and the process has changed unable to comment. You can apply on line. The company does a lot of networking with family and friends. Referrals make some of the best associates.

Food Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, WA (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fred Meyer.

Computor only application, then a phone survey, last is in person interviews. They call you to take a phone survey/ personality test. It asks several questions in different ways. I guess I passed and was called in for a 1 on 1 interview. The interview was very basic. We then met with the department manager, that went good as well. The Manager wanted me to start thenext day, but I gave two weeks at my other employer.

Customer Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fred Meyer.

You apply online, HR then looks through applications and calls in qualified applicants for a screening, if they pass that then you get an interview with the department manager or asst., they can then hire you on the spot or call you back if they have others. If hired you do a oral drug test on location, once the drug test and background come back good the HR will call you in for orientation ... unfortunately this process can take 2-3 weeks before you actually get to start working.

Interview Questions
    • What was your favorite job/activity and why?   View Answer

CCK Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Fred Meyer in July 2014.

The interview process was 2 separate interviews, the first with a group of four others. Questions were basic, what is work ethic, describe your wok ethic in 3 words, why do you want to work for the company, what do you want to get out of your employment with Fred Meyer. The second interview was with the manager and asked the same basic questions. The third visit was for a drug test, pretty simple process. Took a few weeks from the first interview until the drug test

Interview Questions
    • How would you turn a negative experience into a positive experience?   Answer Question

The top pay for a cashier is $15.10 an hour, I make more than that at my current job

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Fred Meyer.

I filled out an online application at Worksource Oregon at PCC computer use for jobs center. It was not a very long or complicated process, until you reached the personality section which resembled the one McDonald's uses on their online application. It is more of a psychology test than a job application, which was interesting. They don't request references or a very detailed work or education history, but they do want addresses for the past five or ten years which led me to believe was for credit reference check purposes, as indeed it turned out to be when I had an initial interview with Shelley in the Beaverton HR a few days later and she had me double check the info I had entered in the online application. After I received a postcard saying I had not been passed through to the next interview with a manager to continue the hiring process I ordered and looked at all three of my credit reports online (for free) from Experian, Equifax, and Trans-Union companies. I believe I may have incorrectly made a statement about my student loan status and that information made it appear as if I was being untruthful which could have caused the lack of hire. I am sure there are many other possible reasons as well. I am very sincerely an honest person, and I think it is very confusing to hear about people who lie or bend the truth on resumes and applications or in interviews and then get jobs that you didn't. ON the OTHER hand, I could use A LOT more interview practice, and more confidence in myself.

Interview Questions
    • What did you like least about your last job?   View Answer

Freight Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport, OR (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport, OR (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Fred Meyer in June 2014.

Group style: 4 others and myself were taken into a back room and asked to take turns answering questions in sequence around a table. Questions were: a)Why do you want to work for Fred Meyer and what are your goals working here? b)Give 3 attributes and a quality that stands out about yourself. c)What motivates you to do your best? d)Give a word that highlights your best characteristic. e)What qualities do you like in an employer? Prior to this question and answer phase though actually we were asked to look over our applications that we had submitted online and sign them. At the end of the interview, we were given additional questions to answer in written format, both simple questions about availability, desired wage, etc, and more in-depth subjective ones. We were told some of us would be invited back for a 2nd interview with the store manager, but I got the old end of the line notice in the mail.

Interview Questions
    • Probably the 1st one (i.e. why do you want to work at Fred Meyer and what are you goals working there?).   Answer Question