Forrester Research

Average Difficulty
18 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Forrester Research in June 2014.

Interview Details I applied online and within 30 minutes of submitting my application, HR contacted me about scheduling an interview. However, a couple of days before the interview, HR needed to reschedule which was not a problem. The day of the interview, I did not receive a call and I sent an email to follow up, in case something had come up and we needed to reschedule. However, it seems that the person I was supposed to interview with was actually out of the office the day she suggested we reschedule the interview. I never heard from them again.

Research Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Forrester Research.

Interview Details They did a phone screening of about 30 minutes. Most of the questions were general and they just went over my resume and asked me questions about my experience at each internship. The interviewer was friendly and calm. I followed up with her through email but never got a reply.

Interview Question – Is technology something that interests you? Do you keep up with technology?   Answer Question

Cambridge, MA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Forrester Research in October 2013.

Interview Details Initial dialogue was made by a recruiter via Linked In in-mail. He/she would be the main contact in the hiring process.Then a phone interview as a screening process started within 1-2 weeks. If they felt the candidates have the right skill sets and background, they might bring them on-site for further group interview etc.

Interview Question – No technical questions were asked during initial screening process. The corporate recruiters were easy going and asking basic questions regarding the candidates' work history and relevant project experience.   View Answer

Boston, MA (US)

Interviewed at Forrester Research

Interview Details Initial Communication was great, but faded as the interview process got longer. The process was long - 1 phone interview with the HR Recruiter. This recruiter then becomes your contact for the rest of the process. I then had 2 separate phone interviews with different vice presidents, and one 4-hour in person interview. Also had to take a skills test during the in-person interview.

Interview Question – A series of "either/or" questions that don't really have right or wrong answers. IE: "do you prefer working alone or in groups?" When I tried to say I can do both, the interviewer told me to pick one.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Forrester Research

Interview Details I got an email from a recruiter saying she wanted to connect and talk about my background because she thought I was a good fit. 30 minutes prior to the interview, she vowed rescheduled and I never set a date. I had to call another recruiter and speak with her. She told me she would contact me within a few days to speak with a hiring manager, and after 3 emails and a phone call on my behalf, I never heard back.

Interview Question – The initial interview was very easy.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Forrester Research

Interview Details Had a phone interview with a recruiter, phone interview with hiring manager, then a rather intensive 3 hour interview with multiple people on the team

Interview Question – If you won the lotto, what would you do with it?   Answer Question

Cambridge, MA (US)

I applied online and interviewed at Forrester Research.

Interview Details Phone Interview

Interview Question – Question were routine.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Forrester Research

Interview Details I applied online through a job website and received a phone call from a recruiter. She told me the nonnegotiable salary at the end of our first call. I was interviewed by about 5 people, 3 of which were by videoconferencing from the Boston office. Though the San Francisco office is very nice, I think it's true that the Boston office is more in the limelight and a lot of communications occur not in person. Though the salary seemed too low, the job itself sounded good for someone very interested in doing a lot of assistant-type tasks in data searching, organization, and communication and coordination between individuals on the team.

Interview Question – Give a 5 minute presentation on the topic of your choice.   View Answer

Interviewed at Forrester Research

Interview Details The interview process was very well organized and executed. There was a phone screening with HR, then a phone interview with 2-3 analysts, and then an in-person interview the 3-4 members of the team.

Interview Question – If you were to get rid of one state in the US, which would it be and why?   View Answers (69)

Cambridge, MA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Forrester Research in April 2012.

Interview Details I found the hiring process to be fairly exhaustive for an entry-level position - I went through a phone screen with an HR person, then an additional half-hour screening with the hiring manager, then a 2.5-hour in-person interview with members of the hiring team. I was declined for the first position I interviewed for but HR recommended a different position for me, and I went through the whole process all over again - altogether it took 3 months between first interview and my start date.

Interview Question – The questions were fairly straightforward and common - questions about ideal working environment, most difficult work environment, most difficult boss, etc - the hard part was talking about negative experiences in a positive light.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – As it was an entry-level position, negotiation was almost non-existent. Even before we got to the offer phase, the HR rep was very straightforward - "this is the starting salary and it's non-negotiable."

Worked for Forrester Research? Contribute to the Community!