Forever 21

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Montreal, QC

I applied through another source - interviewed at Forever 21 in September 2010.

Interview Details I went to the open interviews and had a call 2 days later. The questions were pretty basic. Why do I want to work on the company, what do I see from the company, what can I bring to it. It is the same almost everywhere.

Interview Question – No hard questions considered it was an open interview and there was a line-up   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Grapevine, TX (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Forever 21 in March 2011.

Interview Details Told the manager I was interested, he pulled me aside and interviewed me on the spot. He also offered me the job on the spot, and started the next day.

Interview Question – How I would handle a disgruntled customer   Answer Question

San Antonio, TX (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Forever 21 in July 2012.

Interview Details Went in last minute for a group interview. It was my first interview and I went in unprepared as a last minute "what the heck" kind of thing. Be prepared to "sell" a article of clothing to the interviewer. Don't say anything negative about it, sell its positives, but don't sound too fake.

Interview Question – what would you do with a troubling customer?   View Answer

Sales Floor Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Forever 21.

Interview Details Online application followed by a phone interview and then interview in person.

Interview Question – Asked to sell a piece of clothing.   Answer Question

Norman, OK (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Forever 21 in October 2012.

Interview Details I arrived a little early and wandered the floor until it was time for the interview. It was a group interview with me and 4 other girls. The manager took us to a lounge area outside the store. She started with the basics, like "Tell us about yourself, your work experience, ECT" She also asked "I see tons of applications a day, why should I hire you?" The best thing is to just say you are determined, goal oriented, and have a strong work ethic. She then divided us into two groups. Group 1 went with the manager to look at the clothes and talk to the manager about visualization. Group 2 had to pick out an outfit and then try any sell it to the manager. After my group showed her our outfit and pitched it to her, she hired us both on the spot.

Interview Question – The manager asked us "If you could be any animal, what would you be?" I answered simply, a cat, because they are sleek and beautiful animals. I was a bit confused by this question. I wasn't sure why she asked. I think maybe she just wanted to see the playful sides of the interviewees and see who could still have fun while working hard.   Answer Question

Walnut Creek, CA (US)

The process took a day - interviewed at Forever 21 in March 2011.

Interview Details i attended an open job fair for the opening of the new store in walnut creek, ca. it was held outside of the location. we were required to bring a resume as well as fill out an application. a district manager spoke of the company, and we were directed to 1:1 interviews with other management staff and from there based on personality and experience offered a position or not

Interview Question – how have you handled an irate customer in the past   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Sales Floor Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Forever 21 in September 2010.

Interview Details they asked a lot of questions about fashion, just answer honestly you will get the job is not rocket science and they need a lot of people, because there is always someone quiting.

Interview Question – what do you know about the current fashion trends, and how do you apply it to your sense of style?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – easy they say exactly what they offer you either take it or leave it, no room for negotiation.

Norfolk, VA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Forever 21 in August 2011.

Interview Details I turned in my application and got a call to attend an interview the same day. Based on how I was scheduled (it seemed arbitrary and the manager didn't bother to schedule my name into a specific time slot) it sounded like a group interview--which it was. There were two managers who conducted the interview. They ask some stock questions provided by Forever 21 (standard ones regarding how to treat customers, etc). It seemed almost conversational and the applicants took turns. They do ask about what shrink is and what other retail terms mean. It's good not to be a show-off and hog the entire conversation, but it's also good not to shrink into the background.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate, but I wasn't expecting to be able to since it's an entrance position and you don't need extensive retail experience to get this job. When the manager called to tell me I'd been hired she gave me the wage they were offering (a little over minimum) and asked if I wanted to accept or decline.

Worked for Forever 21? Contribute to the Community!