Forever 21

45 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Head Cashier Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied in-person and interviewed at Forever 21.

Interview Details I went in and asked for an applications, and spoke to a manager had a friendly conversation and then asked about the job process. Made sure he remembered my face and came back after I filled it out another day. He remembered me and pushed me to the next manager right away. I made it aware I wanted more than a regular associate position. And blew past the group interview even before it happened. Second interview was with the store manager. Easy questions, typical things, nothing out of the norm.

Interview Question – How would you lead your sales assoc./cashier?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not really negotiable

New York, NY (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Forever 21.

Interview Details Had recruitment events at forever 21 stores early in the morning, had group interview with about 16 other people, asked random questions about ourselves and the company itself. Got the call to say i was hired about 30 minutes after interview was over.

Interview Question – They were all pretty generic, about the store and what kind of clothing it sells, had to distinguish forever 21 from 2 other clothing companies like h&m and urban outfitters.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – 10$ an hour for all sales associates.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Sales Associate/Cashier
Brooklyn, NY (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Forever 21 in February 2014.

Interview Details Went to the forever 21 job fair and had a small interview with one of the assistant managers. The following week I got a call to come do a interview. It was a group interview but they try to make it more like a conversation. They asked simple questions like "why do you want to work here instead of elsewhere, your pros and cons, what do you know about forever 21 the company, what do you have on that's from forever21, and just to tell a little about yourself.

Interview Question – All were easy and expected   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Lake Grove, NY (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Forever 21 in July 2010.

Interview Details I was called 1 day after submitting an application in person. I had an interview the following day, and a job the day after that.

Interview Question – 3 strengths, 3 areas of improvement   Answer Question

New York, NY (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Forever 21.

Interview Details It was a group interview. There was about 7 people in a group. The questions were not really hard. They asked questions about your skills, performance related questions nd current trend related questions. No question too far fetched or hard to answer. The hiring manager it more like a conversation which made it more comfortable for everybody.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation necessary. I was pleased with the offer.

New York, NY (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Forever 21.

Interview Details I went to an open house for their Times Square location at about 8am on morning. There were about 30 people in line ahead of me. We were given an application to fill out and then we held on to them until it was our turn to meet with a manager type person. It was a short group interview- whats your name, your experience and why do you want to work for this company. The day after, I was called about a second interview. It was also a group interview but this time it took place in an office. We were asked to say a little about yourself, and a lot of customer service related questions. I was expecting a question or two about the love of fashion but that never came up, so i suggest mentioning your love of fashion when you talk about yourself. They said they would call the following day if an offer was extended. No offer was extended.

Interview Question – If there was something you could change about Forever 21, what would it be and why?   View Answer

Recovery Specialist Interview

Recovery Specialist
New York, NY (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Forever 21 in May 2010.

Interview Details It's usually a group interview with 8 or more people at a time and there always looking for people with an original style and fun personality. It helps to be outspoken and confident.

Interview Question – naming a funny fact about yourself.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Visual Merchandiser
Poughkeepsie, NY (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Forever 21 in October 2013.

Interview Details I was tipped off to the position opening by a friend & stopped in to ask for an application. The store manager, after some light questioning, told me to come in the next day when the Visual Manager was in. I did just that, and brought my resume with me. The Visual Manager and I chatted casually about my availability and past experience then she set up an in-depth interview for the next week. During that interview, I was asked all the basic questions: Why do you want to work for F21? What do you have to offer the company? Who are your favorite designers? What are your strengths/weaknesses? etc. Then, she had me choose three outfits: a contemporary look for the working 30 year old woman, a fashion forward look, and a look that best described my personal style. I was told they were still in the process of interviewing and would get back to me. I received the job offer the next day.

Interview Question – What are 2 strengths/2 weaknesses?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Can't complain with full-time + benefits.

New York, NY (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Forever 21 in March 2013.

Interview Details We were put into a group of about 10 people and all went around introducing ourselves and were asked about 3 to 5 questions

New York, NY (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Forever 21 in April 2013.

Interview Details I found out they were hiring via Craigslist where they stated they were having a hiring fair at the Union Square store since they needed more sales associates for their newly expanding Herald Square location. I went for the group interview which took a while since there was already a huge line outside and it took about an hour to finally be put into a group of about 13 people for the interview. The interviewer was the manager and he asked 3 questions. Your name, age, and current or last occupation, to describe yourself in one word, and why they should hire you. TIP Make yourself known, so you can stand out the most among your group. My last name was kind of hard to pronounce and a name the manager never heard of so he tried asking me, even in the end of the interview how to pronounce it and where its from. It's also important to be pretty friendly and dress trendy.

Interview Question – To describe yourself in one word.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Forever 21? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Forever 21 interview questions and advice in New York City, NY. All 45 interview reviews posted anonymously by Forever 21 employees and interview candidates.