Forever 21 Interview Questions

Updated 22 Apr, 2015

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Forever 21 (Toronto, ON) in April 2015.

Interview

Dropped off a resume at the store and got a call 2 weeks later. The girl asked basic questions such as why i wanna work with them, how would i describe my personal style and so on. The interviewer was nice and said that she will call me if i get a job but i never heard back... probably because i have no previous retail experience.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Forever 21 in January 2015.

Interview

Had a casual interview outside the store with both manager and district manager. The manager seemed under a lot of pressure the day I called in for the interview so it was very rushed. I was asked the dreaded qs name your 5 biggest weaknesses. Have only ever been asked to name 1 weakness in an interview before so was thrown by this qs.

Interview Questions

• name your 5 biggest strengths and 5 biggest weaknesses. Tell me about a time you had a difficult situation with work and how you handled it. Where do you see yourself in 5 years time. What can you contribute to the company.   Answer Question

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Forever 21.

Interview

Applied online within a few days got an email back to ask me to come in for an in-store interview the following week. I show up and the interviewer is about 15mins late and distraught. But went really well.

Interview took about 20mins of talking, then had to go around the store to choose three outfits that would work well in a store window.

Emailed back, they never followed up.

Interview Questions

• What types of blogs do you follow, who inspires you and why?   Answer Question

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Forever 21.

Interview

I went in for an interview with Visual Manager early morning then the District Manager in the afternoon. They photocopy SIN card photo ID. They called me the next day with an offer.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep up with current trends?   1 Answer
    • What are some leadership qualities you have?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself   Answer Question
    • How did you deal with unexpected problems at work?   Answer Question
    • How do you receive constructive criticism?   Answer Question
    • Pick 3 outfits based on themes (boho, preppy and anything) incl. accessories, shoes, clothes...   Answer Question
    • Style the whole rack or a table (place products together in an organized manner)   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is a room for negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Forever 21 (Mississauga, ON) in November 2014.

Interview

The guy that interview me just didn't want to be there it seems. But most of the question were pretty basic. And this will be my first time job so i was ask how i would fit in working at retail.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, $11 for everyone

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Forever 21 (Mississauga, ON) in November 2014.

Interview

i was hired on the spot.

i saw the job fair on their site after the one near bye said they were done hiring for the season a new store was opening. they were having the job fair from 10 am to 4pm.

i went there got lost though because the mall was big, it is a totally new shop just built i was already on this site to check prior questions and tips it was really helpful for me.

he asked if i lived far from the mall i said just two buses . he said one hour away ? i said yes
    he then asked when last i had been in forever 21 i said yesterday because i actually went to redeem a VIP pass 40 % off
    then he looked at my resume and said what position are you looking at i said sales and he wrote it down on my resume.
    he also said you have worked before in (the company i worked in"s name) i said yes he said what do i use to do, i was actually the assistant manager , and i oversaw two employees back home which was outside of canada
    he then told us to move to another table (at this point i did not know i was already hired)
    he told me to pick a convenient day for orientation , i picked the first day like others he said good choice.
    gave me the venue.
    gave me a little card with my information welcome to the team.
    he shook my hand welcome aboard and congratulations.

Negotiation

no negotiations i wrote 11.00 per hour

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Forever 21.

Interview

I saw their post on Craigslist and I emailed them my resume. I got a call from the manager 2 days later for a group interview the next day. The interview was easier than I thought. The manager just asked us the basic common questions every other workplace would ask. From what I can remember, she only asked us four questions. She was really nice and friendly so it was a really comfortable setting. Since it was a group interview, it made it all the more easy. You just have to be really outgoing and enthusiastic and confident and have a smile on your face for the most part. They always hire those kinds of people despite your work experience and skills. She said she would call whoever was hired by the end of the day, and I got the call literally 10 min after the interview and started orientation a week after.

Interview Questions

• Tell me one interesting fact about yourself.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at Forever 21?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a situation you've had where you were put under a lot of stress.   1 Answer
    • What is your availability?   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Forever 21.

Interview

Dropped my resume off, got a call two weeks later. Basic questions like, tell me about yourself, tell me about a time how you handled a stressful situation. Got an offer and I accepted it. My coworkers and managers were amazing. Had a really good time working there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Forever 21 (Ottawa, ON) in August 2014.

Interview

I went to the mall for the job fair, expecting people to be sitting outside and filling out applications but instead it was just a small table with 3 interviewers interviewing people. I totally thought the job fair was going to be a group interview but I was wrong. I waited a while for one of the interviews to be over (didn't take too long, 7 minutes?). The interviewer I got was very relaxed and dressed really casually as opposed to the other two which were dressed much more formally. She was super nice and just asked me the series of questions listed below. As she was wrapping up the interview she shook my hand and said, "Welcome to the team". I was so stunned that she hired me on the spot, I didn't even have to words to speak. I just stared at her and she said we'll give you a call soon about the orientation. Not entirely sure if I'll be able to hold the job considering the fact they are mass hiring, friends have told me that they hire 300 people to help set up the store then fire a whole bunch.

Interview Questions

• Are you over 16?
      What do you know about forever 21?
      What skills have you put into play in your previous employment?
      What is the most valuable skill you have taken from that job(s)?
      Strengths and weaknesses?
      What is customer service to you?
      How would you deal with an upset customer?
      How would you deal with someone shop lifting?
      What do you want to gain at forever 21 ?(work experience related)
      Why would you be an asset to forever 21?
      How do you deal in situations involving high levels of stress?

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, ON

Application

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Forever 21 (Hamilton, ON) in August 2014.

Interview

well I gave my resume to an assistant manager and she told me to come to the interview 4 days after I gave my resume to her in person. the interview was an open interview and there were around 19 people including me. only 10 were chosen to be hired. it's best to talk to some of the people near you, it helps to make you feel less nervous and seem more outgoing. the managers were so friendly so it made the whole process a lot more smooth.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

after 5 days from the initial interview, I got a call for an orientation!