Ford Motor

Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Scientist Interview

Research Scientist

Interviewed at Ford Motor

Interview Details Applied for the position online. Received a phone interview approximately three days later. The interviewer mostly asked questions about my background, experiences, and career aspirations to determine if everything aligned with the position. In the end, the experience did not match what they were looking for. Only apply if everything on your resume matches the job description.

Interview Question – No difficult Questions   Answer Question

Production Supervisor Interview

Production Supervisor
Windsor, ON

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Ford Motor in February 2010.

Interview Details Ensure you have established and are extremely comfortable with Ford One behaviors

Interview Question – Have examples of how you display Ford One behaviors in your current position.   Answer Question

Process Coach-Maintenance Interview

Process Coach-Maintenance
Oakville, ON

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Ford Motor in January 2013.

Interview Details The interview process wasn't any different than any other place. I met the HR rep and the supervisor of the department. Then I met with the fellow members of management that I would be working with

Negotiation Details – The ball is in your court. They will low ball you, but it's up to you to stand your ground and get what you ask for, but be realistic.

Research Engineer Interview

Research Engineer

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Ford Motor in March 2014.

Interview Details Had a single phone interview with 3 managers. General interview with discussion on resume. They asked details, approach and brief explanation about the projects and publications listed on the resume.

Interview lasted for about 20 mins.They described the job responsibility and problems that has to be adressed and asked my opinion and suggestion on a particular control problem.

Interview Question – Nothing as such   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Product Development Engineer Interview

Product Development Engineer
Dearborn, MI (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Ford Motor in April 2014.

Interview Details Typical situation based interview. Employees seemed genuinely excited about the direction Ford was heading as a company. They expressed confidence in Ford's business model. After about 2 hours of questioning was complete. It was really good experience. They roll out the red carpet for travel, lodging,and food.

Interview Question – Interview was on par with most situation based interviews. No technical questions were asked. Your resume should speak to your technical experience. Just to be prepared to be surround with about 8 to 9 more candidates who are just as nervous as you are, but once the conversation starts your nerves will settle.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Work seemed exciting, however I am from south east New Orleans and I was not excited about leaving home

Auto Assembly Interview

Auto Assembly
Louisville, KY (US)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 11 months - interviewed at Ford Motor in May 2012.

Interview Details The hiring process for me personally took close to a year. It began with submitting an application. I heard back a few months later and was called in to take a written test. After I took the test, it would be another four months or so before I got another call. This time, it was to have my picture taken for my badge and to take a physical and drug screening. I was finally hired on a month and a half later.

Interview Question – There was so face to face interview. They had me take a written test which took approximately 9 hours to fully complete.   View Answers (2)

FCG Interview

FCG
Dearborn, MI (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ford Motor in January 2014.

Interview Details Phone interview with a 2 Ford employees. If you get invited to the Talent Management Conference (TMC), you know made it to the second round. At atheist TMC there are 3 interviews, behavioral, case study, and group interviews. Let you know about an offer within a week.

Interview Question – How do you resolve conflict   Answer Question

Marketing & Sales FCG Interview

Marketing & Sales FCG
Dearborn, MI (US)

I applied through another source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ford Motor in April 2010.

Interview Details Interview with Regional team, phone interview with HR, assessment center which test many skills, role play, time management, organization and group interview. Also had to attend a dinner. Travel to Dearborn. 2 day process.

Interview Question – Role play   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Take it or leave it offer

Very Difficult Interview

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Manufacturing Engineer
Allen Park, MI (US)

I applied online and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Ford Motor in May 2014.

Interview Details The hiring process consisted of a Ford recruiter calling myself and talking to me for about a half hour. After that I received an email for setting up a phone interview the following week. Three days later, I received a call for a on site panel interview, the following week. Two weeks after that I received a call asking me if I was still interested and I received an offer the same day.

Interview Question – All of the questions were essay type questions and without vast experience, would be extremely difficult to answer.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The offer was better than what I told the recruiter I was looking for.

Research Engineer Interview

Research Engineer
Dearborn, MI (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ford Motor in March 2014.

Interview Details I talked with a research engineer in FORD and he sent me a form to apply for the position.
I had a brief phone interview and then an on-site interview.

Interview Question – Their questions are focused on "how I can contribute to the company".
And the most difficult question was "if you are going to travel to the moon, what will you do?".
  Answer Question

Worked for Ford Motor? Contribute to the Community!