Ford Motor Interview Questions

Updated 22 Oct, 2014
Updated 22 Oct, 2014

Research Scientist Interview

Applied for the position online. Received a phone interview approximately three days later. The interviewer mostly asked questions about my background, experiences, and career aspirations to determine if everything aligned with the position. In the end, the experience did not match what they were looking for. Only apply if everything on your resume matches the job description.

Process Coach-Maintenance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakville, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakville, ON

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ford Motor in January 2013.

The interview process wasn't any different than any other place. I met the HR rep and the supervisor of the department. Then I met with the fellow members of management that I would be working with

The ball is in your court. They will low ball you, but it's up to you to stand your ground and get what you ask for, but be realistic.

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, ON

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ford Motor in February 2010.

Ensure you have established and are extremely comfortable with Ford One behaviors

Interview Questions
    • Have examples of how you display Ford One behaviors in your current position.   Answer Question

Purchasing Interview

I was able to get an interview through a career fair at Michigan State University. The recruiters were very friendly, easy to talk to and overall made you feel comfortable. The interview process was not bad at all. The asked you basic behavioral questions to get a sense on how you think as well as utilize your skills.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time you had to make a promise but couldnt keep it. How did you break it down to that person?   Answer Question

Ford College Graduate, Product Development Interview

I interviewed at an FSAE competition and they thought I was a strong candidate. Stayed in contact with recruiter over the summer and interviewed on site. They followed with a lunch and campus tour. Overall experience was nice, they paid for all travel and lodging. Just interviewed so do not know if I got the position or not. All behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Most innovative solution to a problem, how you went about it, etc.   Answer Question

Product Development Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ford Motor.

Talked to Ford at campus career fair and was asked to sign up for an interview on campus. Before the interview day, Ford had a company day with their vehicles and engineers on campus, follwed by a presentation by an exec. Got to meet and talk to a lot of Ford employees, then had a basic 30 minute interview with STAR questions and why Ford should hire me. Got an offer about a week or two later.

No negotiation.

Maintenance Planning Specialist Interview

I feel ford is a great place to work for they have competive wages and benefit packages i love that they are orginised and well on their way to a great product for the future. management works well with employees

Interview Questions
    • where do you see our company in 50 years   View Answer

Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI (US)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Ford Motor.

It was face-to-face interview. There were 4 members in the interview panel - resource manager, 2 technical leads and project manager. They told me about the kind of work their team does before they started with an actual interview questions with me.
    I went for Java Technical Lead. They focused on my resume and were asking on what all kind of work I have done in my past projects.
    Over all, it was a nice experience and I got an offer from them the very next day.

Product Development – Engineering, Strategy, and Research FCG Position Interview

Interviewed on campus, was then sent an email to complete the application process. On site interviews were set to take place two weeks later. I have not completed the on-site interview yet

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you had a 2 month timetable for a project. The first meeting 1 of 4 did not show up, 2 want to reschedule and have a meeting in 2 weeks from now. What would you do?   Answer Question

Design Release Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ford Motor.

Applied through the company website. Received a phone call from the in house recruiting team inviting me to an interview one week later. Interview was split into to halves. First being technical experience questions, second being behavioral questions. Overall the interview lasted 90 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult or unexpected. Just be sure to speak to your experiences.   Answer Question
    No need for negotiation.