Ford Motor Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014
Updated Sep 15, 2014

Research Scientist Interview

Applied for the position online. Received a phone interview approximately three days later. The interviewer mostly asked questions about my background, experiences, and career aspirations to determine if everything aligned with the position. In the end, the experience did not match what they were looking for. Only apply if everything on your resume matches the job description.

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Windsor, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, ON

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Ford Motor in February 2010.

Ensure you have established and are extremely comfortable with Ford One behaviors

Interview Questions
    • Have examples of how you display Ford One behaviors in your current position.   Answer Question

Process Coach-Maintenance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oakville, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakville, ON

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Ford Motor in January 2013.

The interview process wasn't any different than any other place. I met the HR rep and the supervisor of the department. Then I met with the fellow members of management that I would be working with

The ball is in your court. They will low ball you, but it's up to you to stand your ground and get what you ask for, but be realistic.

Product Development Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Ford Motor in August 2014.

After applying on the company website, I was contacted by a recruiter whom I had a short phone interview with consisting of very basic questions (some experience questions, work eligibility, willingness to relocate). After about a week I was contacted directly by Ford and asked to come on site to the Ford talent center. At the talent center they will give a short talk about Ford and show some videos before your interview. I had a panel of 3 people, which appeared to be the standard. They took turns asking a total of 11 questions (5 "engineering" and 6 behavioral). I was at Ford on a Friday and received an offer the following Monday.

Interview Questions
    • There were no questions that stood out as truly difficult. It didn't appear they were trying to stump you, but rather get to know you. On the other hand, many of the questions had multiple parts (which are read at once), so don't be afraid to ask them to repeat a part of the question. I did it multiple times. My best advice would be to think of several projects you have worked on in the past and know them in and out. Be prepared to answer questions about issues you had during design (time, flaws, restrictions, process), but nothing really technical. Also think of the interactions you had with team members and how you handled the more difficult situations.

Come to think of it, one difficult question was: Describe a time that I disagreed with a superior and explain how I handled it.
        Answer Question
    The offer was above my expectations and there was no negotiation.

Human Resources Supervisor Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Ford Motor.

One phone interview was conducted. Typically behavior based questions were asked. The recruiter was very nice and helpful. Recruiter went over the job description and asked me about my work history and reason why I was looking to a new company.

Marketing & Sales Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Ford Motor in October 2013.

I got recruited at my campus career fair, attended an info session for more info & for networking (highly recommend, they remembered me from the info session when I went for my interview), then was selected for an on campus interview. It lasted 30-45 minutes for each candidate & was more conversational towards the end - basic interview questions as well as some behavioral & case based questions

Interview Questions
    • Take a look at these hypothetical numbers from a dealership for the last 4 months. What is your initial reaction and how would you approach the dealer about providing these numbers?   Answer Question
    It takes FOREVER. Not much negotiation for interns, but I accepted in November & didn't find out where I would be working until April

Optical Quality Engineer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ford Motor in February 2010.

Interview was largely a review of previous work and academic experience. It was friendly and not difficult, since it was, or seemed to be, basically an objective review. I was introduced to a half dozen people, and likely they did the subjective evaluation to determine whether I would fit into the group.

Marketing, Sales, and Service Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Ford Motor.

Ford recruiters visited my university, and I was able to meet them at a career fair and through my business organization. I scheduled and got accepted for an on-campus interview. The interview took about an hour and wasn't anything out of the ordinary. It seemed as if they were looking for students with great people skills and a creative business mindset. The recruiters were professional and very personable.

Interview Questions
    • They did present an annual financial statement and asked questions regarding business recommendations.   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ford Motor in July 2014.

I applied for the position online and heard from a recruiter a week and a half later. Let it be known that they outsource their recruiting to Argentina, even for their local corporate positions. I live a few miles away from corporate headquarters in Michigan, so I figured that perhaps someone in the local area would call. After a positive phone screen, she guaranteed that I would hear within two weeks and would know if I was moving forward. She was very detailed about the next step, so I figured that she assumed I was good enough to be moved forward. Two weeks later, I try to call her for an update. Even though she gave me a US number, it would not connect. I sent her an email with follow-up, no response. I finally, after a few days of trying to connect, am able to get a call through to her. I don't think she has any actual relationship with the hiring manager, because she had to go through the applicant tracking system to see if he replied to her about me. Well, in the span of time it took for this to all happen, I got another call from a different company, was brought into for an interview, and was extended a competitive offer and accepted. I think it's a good indication that Ford is tied down with processes and may not be the best place to work if you want to get anything done quickly.

Research Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Ford Motor in March 2014.

Had a single phone interview with 3 managers. General interview with discussion on resume. They asked details, approach and brief explanation about the projects and publications listed on the resume.

Interview lasted for about 20 mins.They described the job responsibility and problems that has to be adressed and asked my opinion and suggestion on a particular control problem.

Interview Questions

Worked for Ford Motor? Contribute to the Community!