First Niagara Financial Interview Questions

2.7

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at First Niagara Financial in February 2014.

I received an email from a person who wanted to do a phone interview. We agreed on a time and had the interview. The HR person did change the interview time the Friday before the interview. Then when the HR person called me, she asked if it was still a good time for the interview.

Some of the interview parts was ask about resume, what I have been doing? Where do I see myself down the road, past salary history). Shockley didn't ask me about what I did know about the FNG which I had my information all ready for that.

At the end HR person said I would hear back from them within the next week. I received an email saying I did not get an in person interview.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you leave your past job? Where do you see yourself down the road?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

I applied online – interviewed at First Niagara Financial.

I received a call from HR. HR then scheduled an appointment to have a phone interview. After the phone interview the HR representative then scheduled me to meet with the branch manager. After meeting with the branch manager i received the call from the HR representative about 2 weeks later with the job offer.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. They sent you an offer contract with your wage and its either you accepted or declined.

Personal Financial Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at First Niagara Financial.

In the hiring process, you submit your application online (like any other company today). You will get a call from a recruiter in Buffalo who will do an initial phone screen with you. If the recruiter thinks you are a good fit, they will schedule you with a phone conversation (not so much an interview as a what-to-expect from this position call) with the regional sales representative. You will then have an interview with the local branch manager and the area financial adviser. If they approve, you'll have a formal interview with the regional sales manager. At that point, you'll go through due diligence from the broker/dealer before receiving an offer from the company. From application to starting date, the process took about 5 1/2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or unexpected questions. You must go into the interviews understanding this is a sales job and they're looking for someone that has and can continue to make sales.   Answer Question

L&D Group Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at First Niagara Financial.

The internal candidates do not get updates on applications from HR. Even with prompt, courteous, and continuous inquiries from the applicants the HR reps will not get back to the individuals, even to simply say "we are still reviewing" or "you are not qualified". There is such a lack of communication it is shameful. Also, when applying for positions, it is secretive as to "what you actually do". Hiring managers will say your day to day varies and not give you specifics on what you'll actually be doing if hired for the position.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you feel you are qualified to receive compensation at this level when you currently do not make this amount?   View Answer

Finance Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at First Niagara Financial.

Applied for a bunch of jobs online. 6 months later I got a call from HR asking to setup an interview. I had no idea what job I was interviewing for. We set up a mutually convenient time.

The day came and the HR woman called almost 90 minutes after the agreed upon time. She seemed uncouth and rushed. Asked me very standard questions and cut me off during short explanations.

I was glad I didnt get the offer as I would have turned it down anyways.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, just a difficult and tardy interviewer.   Answer Question

Personal Financial Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cohoes, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cohoes, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at First Niagara Financial in August 2012.

I had a strong phone interview with HR in Buffalo over the phone. I was told the Regional Sales Mgr would call me at a certain date and time. He failed to call, and I followed up with HR to reschedule. He again failed to call on the second scheduled date and time. Then the HR called me with a third appointment. A Regional Sales Mgr called me from the wrong region, apologized, and since then, HR has yet to respond to my email.

Fraud Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at First Niagara Financial in August 2011.

Recruiter was nice but quite disorganized and expressed that she was hurried. We talked a lot about things like the weather to begin with to the point where I'm not sure how she would have been able to discern my capabilities to do the job or not. Not sure if this is standard or what. Recruiter said she would follow up with my status, but never did.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your experience related to this position.   Answer Question

Personal Financial Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at First Niagara Financial in July 2011.

Interview took so long because of scheduling difficulties with scheduling. Phone interview with recruiter, then regional manager, then face-to-face with financial consultant and branch manager together as a group. Interview was very relaxed and conversational.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicopee, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicopee, MA (US)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at First Niagara Financial in February 2011.

It was ok. Had a really good meet and greet with the mgr. of the bank but wasnt hired. He then told me to go to another branch and apply which I did and went to ANOTHER interview and wasn't offered the job. What a waste of time and effort!!

Internal Audit Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at First Niagara Financial in January 2011.

Interesting interview process. They had expanded upon the idea of speed dating and implemented it in their interview process. 5 minutes each with 6 interviewers. Each interviewer had a different tact/approach. So the questions would be radically different, such as 'Please walk me through your resume' from one interviewer would be followed by 'Which animal do you resume?' from another and so on and so forth.