First Investors Corporation Interview Questions

Updated 20 Oct, 2014
Updated 20 Oct, 2014

1.9

Financial Services Representative Interview

Group interview then personal interview. It is a total scam. No base salary, 100% commission. Good luck surviving on $5K/year. They try to convince you that the company is great but they will tell you to go sucker your parents into getting insurance that they don't need and then will pay you terribly. AVOID.

Total Scam.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at First Investors Corporation in September 2014.

the application was very easy. they contacted me the next day for an interview. didn't like the job. it's a group interview at first then individual. The salary is not good for somebody that has a bachelors degree. it's 25,000 a year for the first year then 100% commission.

Financial Services Representative Interview

The interview process is very exciting. They showed the risks and rewards of different professions, and how the reward far outweighs the financial risk of beginning a career as a Financial Services Representative. The interview was very personal since it is a very personal career path, and it really gave me a chance to stand out among other potential hires.

Interview Questions
    • There really weren't any difficult questions. The most difficult thing for some potential hires might be that they have to let their personality out in a professional environment and have good oratory/public speaking skills   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY (US)

I applied online – interviewed at First Investors Corporation.

Interview was very vague and most of it comprised of boasting about their company and very little time spent getting to know the candidates. First a group session explaining the company products followed by a break out session where individual candidates were "interviewed".

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected really. Just asked if you have a big network of friends and family to sell their products to   Answer Question

Didn't see myself selling their products to my friends and family

Manager Trainee Interview

went on two interviews, it was for an entry level job so the questions were pointed towards how someone will fit in and whether they can pick up things quickly...

Financial Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at First Investors Corporation.

I applied through my university's career services website and received a phone call from the regional recruiter the next day. He asked some basic questions about your background and then asked me to come to the office to meet the manager the next day. About 10 other applicants were there. We were asked to introduce ourselves (be ready to have a good answer) and we were given a power point presentation about the company and their philanthropy (pretty cool).

After the presentation we were pulled out one at a time for a 1-on-1 interview. I was asked basic questions like what are your strengths/weaknesses. Why do you want to be a financial advisor? What do you want to work here? I was then asked to come back the next day for another interview. I was given a worksheet to fill out with 4 questions and was told to bring a business plan.

The next day I arrive and there were 5 of us. Here, we were given the break down of their trainee program and compensation. It comes out to about 2k per mo. for the 9 months and after week 6 you can make a little commission on top. After the 9 mo. you are considered a contractor and 100% commission. That's rare compared to the other places I have interviewed with exception to EJ. You are asked to take care of the exam fee but you're reimbursed. Halfway through we were asked to tell them something that wasn't on our resume and background.

After that we watched their company video (same one glassdoor has posted on their info page btw) and taken back out on a 1-on-1. Here I turned in the questions they gave me and business plan. Asked what time I worked as a team where there was a problem and I solved it. Time I worked on the phone with a customer and achieved the goal. What is your long term career goal. Why do you think you're a good fit. If offered the job what would you say. After the interview I was told they'd call me the next day with their decision!

Interview Questions
    • What are your long term goals besides making lots of money?   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Sales Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at First Investors Corporation.

The interview process consists of them calling you into a room and filling you with a bunch of garbage about how much they make with there great job at First Investors, but none of there clothes fit and they drive 98 corollas. All a ponzi scheme, with a cattle call first interview

Registered Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at First Investors Corporation.

Great process. Starts with a phone interview followed by a one-on-one interview at the local branch. Pending a good first interview and a well-written business plan, a second "social" interview with a person that is close to you follows as a second interview.

Financial Services Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at First Investors Corporation.

Interviewed with the San Jose Office a few yrs ago. The time I went we were all put in a room and were given an overview of what First Investors is all about. There was about 10 of us. Its a sales job, they look for the best ones who can BS customers into buying their funds. It doesn't take a genius to go google and figure out their funds trail most of their competitors.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing huge, What is your biggest strength, your biggest weakness, a time where you performed as a team.   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at First Investors Corporation.

Job fair at college, process took about a week. Got a call requesting an interview. Email followed with details. Group interview/ long presentation followed by 1-1 break out interview. Group meet the next day with few people filtered out and another 1-1 breakout interview. Offered the position and really didn't see a future with it.

Interview Questions

Really didn't appeal to me. Its hard to want to sell financial plans to your friends and family, all for commission, with no base pay. Didn't see myself going anywhere with it.