Fifth Third Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2014
Updated Sep 14, 2014

2.7

Investment Advisor Interview

Initial phone screen than a super day in the HQ. Very behavioral only a few technical questions. Know facts about 5/3 and what is going on in the economy. Interview is pretty chill/laid back. Had 3 interviews total on super day.

Retail Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sarasota, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarasota, FL (US)

I applied in-person - interviewed at Fifth Third in July 2012.

Received a phone call, had a phone interview and then Met with several members of management and then was hired.Was a very simple and smooth process, not a lot to talk about or explain.

Interview Questions
    • There was not one hard question. I have experience, the process was very smooth and simple. The process was a common approach without any snags. There was not one thing hard about the process.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. Take it or leave it...

Personal Banker Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Fifth Third.

Phone interview then interview with recruiter. Then had interview with financial center manager and regional manager.
    Easy process followed up with communication about offer and benefits by recruiter. Initially interviewed for teller position but was told I would be good fit in personal banker role.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time you had to sell a product or idea to someone.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

long interview process, two to three weeks. got a call from the recruiter and the regional manager with a job offer. background and drug test. did not start training until 3 weeks after the interview date. make sure to not give a forwarded email, i did not receive any of the post interview e-mails.

Retail Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Fifth Third in June 2014.

I applied through an employee referral and was contacted very shortly after by a branch manager and set up a time to come in and interview. Interviewed with 2 local branch managers and the regional manager. Interview was very professional and lasted about 30 mins. Was contacted a few weeks later and informed that they had eliminated the position. A few weeks after that I was contacted by another branch manager and set up another interview. Met with the branch manager and the regional manager again for a very brief interview. I received a call the following week with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • A few behavioral style questions on how you would act following certain policies.   Answer Question

The position sounded great and I was very impressed by organization but I had received another offer from another company that more closely matched my career goals.

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Fifth Third in December 2012.

Very brief interview. The whole process took about 2 days. Mostly consisted of 5/3 touting how great they were compared to other banks in addition to getting further insight into the different divisions at the bank. The actual interview lasted maybe 10 minutes. It was obvious they had chosen who they wanted prior to my interview. I was not asked any questions as to my character or qualities.

Interview Questions
    • 4 quick questions. forgot what they were but very generic   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cadillac, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cadillac, MI (US)

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Fifth Third in June 2013.

Phone interview is important to impressing the recruiter. They stress dressing nice, guys at least wear a tie, and women, put the "ladies" away. Basic interview, but I felt I had to pry more than I wanted to know whether or not I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • Describe to me a time when you had to do something unexpected.   Answer Question
    Basic, simple. Email confirmation, background check paperwork, and drug test location.

Retail Personal Banker Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Fifth Third in February 2013.

The process starts with a recruiter who will either like or dislike the person. Then they'll meet with the manager and district manager for a face to face interview. Sometimes you will need to go through a panel interview, this depends on the availability of district managers and financial center managers. If they have available time you will go to the panel interview first, then meet with the specific financial center manager and district manager for a more intimate interview.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions are standard HR directed questions. like "Tell me about a group project you were a part of, what was your roll in the project? How did you handle a teammate that wasn't contributing as much as they should have"

The most unexpected question (if you would call it a questions) was the classic. "sell me this pen"
        View Answer
    I was an internal hire so they would not negotiate with me, however, the offer was so low that i almost declined the position. My manager promised me an out of cycle raise if my production warrants it after 6 months. Nothing was ever written down it was just a promise made. I accepted the offer on that condition, hit my numbers and and 6 months to the day of my hire an out of cycle raise was given to me. One of the many reasons I respect the ethical nature of 5/3

Employee Relations Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Fifth Third in May 2014.

I enjoyed meeting with each HR person. I interviewed with 3 individuals and it went very well however the last thing I was told was that I needed to meet with one last person. They never contacted me after that. I don't mind not getting the job but it is very rude and unprofessional to not inform someone after the number of times I traveled to interview with them. I didn't expect this from such a large company. It just shows me how unprofessional they are.

Retail Personal Banker Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Fifth Third.

You go through several interviews. Phone interviews, regional interview and then finally a branch interview. You have to take a simple math test, drug test, background check. Communication was amazing with human resources. Very easy process

Worked for Fifth Third? Contribute to the Community!