Fifth Third

Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

Interviewed at Fifth Third

Interview Details long interview process, two to three weeks. got a call from the recruiter and the regional manager with a job offer. background and drug test. did not start training until 3 weeks after the interview date. make sure to not give a forwarded email, i did not receive any of the post interview e-mails.

Interview Question – typical standard questions   Answer Question

Retail Associate Interview

Retail Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Fifth Third in June 2014.

Interview Details I applied through an employee referral and was contacted very shortly after by a branch manager and set up a time to come in and interview. Interviewed with 2 local branch managers and the regional manager. Interview was very professional and lasted about 30 mins. Was contacted a few weeks later and informed that they had eliminated the position. A few weeks after that I was contacted by another branch manager and set up another interview. Met with the branch manager and the regional manager again for a very brief interview. I received a call the following week with an offer.

Interview Question – A few behavioral style questions on how you would act following certain policies.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The position sounded great and I was very impressed by organization but I had received another offer from another company that more closely matched my career goals.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Cadillac, MI (US)

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Fifth Third in June 2013.

Interview Details Phone interview is important to impressing the recruiter. They stress dressing nice, guys at least wear a tie, and women, put the "ladies" away. Basic interview, but I felt I had to pry more than I wanted to know whether or not I got the job.

Interview Question – Describe to me a time when you had to do something unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Basic, simple. Email confirmation, background check paperwork, and drug test location.

Very Easy Interview

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Fifth Third in December 2012.

Interview Details Very brief interview. The whole process took about 2 days. Mostly consisted of 5/3 touting how great they were compared to other banks in addition to getting further insight into the different divisions at the bank. The actual interview lasted maybe 10 minutes. It was obvious they had chosen who they wanted prior to my interview. I was not asked any questions as to my character or qualities.

Interview Question – 4 quick questions. forgot what they were but very generic   Answer Question

Retail Personal Banker Interview

Retail Personal Banker

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Fifth Third in February 2013.

Interview Details The process starts with a recruiter who will either like or dislike the person. Then they'll meet with the manager and district manager for a face to face interview. Sometimes you will need to go through a panel interview, this depends on the availability of district managers and financial center managers. If they have available time you will go to the panel interview first, then meet with the specific financial center manager and district manager for a more intimate interview.

Interview Question – Most questions are standard HR directed questions. like "Tell me about a group project you were a part of, what was your roll in the project? How did you handle a teammate that wasn't contributing as much as they should have"

The most unexpected question (if you would call it a questions) was the classic. "sell me this pen"
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was an internal hire so they would not negotiate with me, however, the offer was so low that i almost declined the position. My manager promised me an out of cycle raise if my production warrants it after 6 months. Nothing was ever written down it was just a promise made. I accepted the offer on that condition, hit my numbers and and 6 months to the day of my hire an out of cycle raise was given to me. One of the many reasons I respect the ethical nature of 5/3

Employee Relations Specialist Interview

Employee Relations Specialist

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Fifth Third in May 2014.

Interview Details I enjoyed meeting with each HR person. I interviewed with 3 individuals and it went very well however the last thing I was told was that I needed to meet with one last person. They never contacted me after that. I don't mind not getting the job but it is very rude and unprofessional to not inform someone after the number of times I traveled to interview with them. I didn't expect this from such a large company. It just shows me how unprofessional they are.

Interview Question – It was easy.   Answer Question

Retail Personal Banker Interview

Retail Personal Banker

I applied online and interviewed at Fifth Third.

Interview Details You go through several interviews. Phone interviews, regional interview and then finally a branch interview. You have to take a simple math test, drug test, background check. Communication was amazing with human resources. Very easy process

Licensed Personal Banker Interview

Licensed Personal Banker

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Fifth Third.

Interview Details Only one interview with the branch manager. Not too many behavioral questions, mostly just questions about my experience and resume. Got hired the next day. Not too much room for negotiation, but there is some.

Interview Question – All conversational   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

Credit Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fifth Third in July 2012.

Interview Details I applied through an employee referral. I was sent an initial online questionnaire and then heard from an HR recruiter shortly after. I had one interview with the hiring manager and received an offer a week later.

Interview Question – Questions were not terribly difficult, mostly centered around my abilities to handle the hours of the job and my proficiency with computers.   Answer Question

Licensed Personal Banker Interview

Licensed Personal Banker
Petoskey, MI (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Fifth Third in April 2011.

Interview Details 2 Phone interviews, 2 in person interviews. First with the manager, then the district manager followed by an offer then background check, finger printing, and drug screen. Interviews were all 1-2 weeks apart.

Interview Question – Have I ever had an issue with a supervisor and what I did about it   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not get the location I asked for so they came back with an extra $1500 for the year to make up mileage. Salary range here is pretty wide so there is room for neg.

Worked for Fifth Third? Contribute to the Community!