Fifth Third

Updated 15 Dec, 2014
Updated 15 Dec, 2014

2.6

Customer Service Representative Interview

I interviewed with my branch manager. The interview had some pretty standard questions, such as "give me a time when you had to be a team leader" "Explain a time that you faced hardship in one of your previous jobs" etc. My branchmanager has a really great personality and made the interview fun and no pressure.

Interview Questions
    • "why do you want to work for 5/3? What makes us stand out from the rest?"   Answer Question
    no negotiation. Standard CSR pay.

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fifth Third.

Phone interview then in person interview. The people I spoke with were very professional and were very straight forward in the questions and provided good answers to my questions

Interview Questions

decided to stay where I was at

Leadership Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fifth Third.

The day before the interview, they set up a "meet and greet" so you could meet everyone who was interviewing and getting interviewed. The actual interview was pretty short, and just basic behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was unexpected. all just basic behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst I Interview

Had a phone interview with two people from the model risk management unit. They are very nice and kind. They briefly introduced me what the duties of the team are and the difference between their jobs and the ones people usually think of. They asked me a few questions about my background and only a tiny amount of technical questions. Basically, the whole interview is more like a chat.

Intern Interview

The interview process is broken down into two stages: an on-campus interview and a second round interview day at their corporate headquarters in Cincinnati, Ohio. Both rounds consist of mostly behavioral-based questions. The second round contains some technical questions, but is still mostly behavioral-based. Overall, the process was relatively quick and not incredibly challenging.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the process behind valuing various potential investments the bank could make?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative/Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Fifth Third in November 2014.

I applied online for the position a few months ago. About 3 weeks ago i received an e-mail from a fifth third recruiter. She requested that I fill out a brief questionnaire. Evidently she liked my answers, because the next day i did the phone interview... At the end of the interview she said that another woman would be in contact with me to schedule me for my in-person interview.. After a few weeks of not hearing from anyone, I assumed I had not been chosen. I then received the same e-mail again from the same recruiter, so I re sent the questionnaire with the same answers i had sent previously. She then called me and tried to do the interview again and I told her I had already spoken to her.. She apologized profusely and told me that the second recruiter would call to set up my interview. The next day I scheduled my in person interview. Since the branch I would be working at had not yet found a replacement manager, I interviewed at a different location.. Very standard questions, mostly behavior based. The interviewer did most of the talking. The next day I got a call from the second recruiter saying that the new manager of the branch I applied for would like to meet with me. I interviewed with her yesterday, and got a call yesterday with a job offer. Both interviews were very laid back, and both managers were very friendly and made me feel at ease right away.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for fifth third?   View Answer
    I did not negotiate as I have no teller experience and I thought the offer was fair.

Finance and Accounting Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH (US)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Fifth Third in October 2014.

I networked with a grad from my school and went straight to the super day in Cincinnati at their headquarters. I had two one on one interviews which were just basic behavioral going over my resume. We had two panel sessions as well. The first is just with the current FALP employees and the second is with employees in different areas of the company. It seemed to go well.

Interview Questions
    • None really, just the basics. Why do you want to work for Fifth Third?   Answer Question

College Graduate Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fifth Third in October 2014.

Included an initial on campus interview, where I sat one on one with an employee from the audit department. During this time I was asked a few questions all ranging from my resume to situational experience. After the first interview I was invited to Cincinnati for two additional interviews where I was given a tour and had lunch with other employees in the audit department. Essentially they gave me there perspective of what a day in the life working for Fifth Third would be like.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was when they asked me to name a time when I had to deal with an ethical dilemma.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fifth Third in October 2014.

Applied on 9/15/14. Received call from HR for phone interview on 10/01/14. Phone interview went well. Called me back the next day to schedule in person interview. Face to face interview went very well too; thinking that I will get the job. However, after a week, i got a rejection email.

Investment Advisor Interview

Initial phone screen than a super day in the HQ. Very behavioral only a few technical questions. Know facts about 5/3 and what is going on in the economy. Interview is pretty chill/laid back. Had 3 interviews total on super day.