Fifth Third Interview Questions

Updated 15 Oct, 2014

2.7

College Graduate Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fifth Third in October 2014.

Included an initial on campus interview, where I sat one on one with an employee from the audit department. During this time I was asked a few questions all ranging from my resume to situational experience. After the first interview I was invited to Cincinnati for two additional interviews where I was given a tour and had lunch with other employees in the audit department. Essentially they gave me there perspective of what a day in the life working for Fifth Third would be like.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was when they asked me to name a time when I had to deal with an ethical dilemma.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fifth Third in October 2014.

Applied on 9/15/14. Received call from HR for phone interview on 10/01/14. Phone interview went well. Called me back the next day to schedule in person interview. Face to face interview went very well too; thinking that I will get the job. However, after a week, i got a rejection email.

Investment Advisor Interview

Initial phone screen than a super day in the HQ. Very behavioral only a few technical questions. Know facts about 5/3 and what is going on in the economy. Interview is pretty chill/laid back. Had 3 interviews total on super day.

Personal Banker Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Fifth Third.

Phone interview then interview with recruiter. Then had interview with financial center manager and regional manager.
    Easy process followed up with communication about offer and benefits by recruiter. Initially interviewed for teller position but was told I would be good fit in personal banker role.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time you had to sell a product or idea to someone.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

long interview process, two to three weeks. got a call from the recruiter and the regional manager with a job offer. background and drug test. did not start training until 3 weeks after the interview date. make sure to not give a forwarded email, i did not receive any of the post interview e-mails.

Retail Personal Banker Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Fifth Third.

You go through several interviews. Phone interviews, regional interview and then finally a branch interview. You have to take a simple math test, drug test, background check. Communication was amazing with human resources. Very easy process

Licensed Personal Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Fifth Third.

Only one interview with the branch manager. Not too many behavioral questions, mostly just questions about my experience and resume. Got hired the next day. Not too much room for negotiation, but there is some.

Retail Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Fifth Third in June 2014.

I applied through an employee referral and was contacted very shortly after by a branch manager and set up a time to come in and interview. Interviewed with 2 local branch managers and the regional manager. Interview was very professional and lasted about 30 mins. Was contacted a few weeks later and informed that they had eliminated the position. A few weeks after that I was contacted by another branch manager and set up another interview. Met with the branch manager and the regional manager again for a very brief interview. I received a call the following week with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • A few behavioral style questions on how you would act following certain policies.   Answer Question

The position sounded great and I was very impressed by organization but I had received another offer from another company that more closely matched my career goals.

Employee Relations Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Fifth Third in May 2014.

I enjoyed meeting with each HR person. I interviewed with 3 individuals and it went very well however the last thing I was told was that I needed to meet with one last person. They never contacted me after that. I don't mind not getting the job but it is very rude and unprofessional to not inform someone after the number of times I traveled to interview with them. I didn't expect this from such a large company. It just shows me how unprofessional they are.

Senior Mortgage Underwriter Interview

Was not interviewed. Did not go through the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Was not interviewed. I was hired directly from a contract position.   Answer Question
    No did not negotiate. I felt I was offered a fair salary so accepted it.