Fidelity Investments

511 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Investor Center Intern Interview

Interviewed at Fidelity Investments

Interview Details Asked about my personal experience and major.

Was referred to branch managers later.

Interview Question – Who do you know here?   Answer Question

Equity Research Associate Intern Interview

Boston, MA (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in February 2014.

Interview Details Applied via school career site, followed by a phone interview, and a super day in Boston. The super day consisted of 6 back to back 30 minute interviews. I wasn't asked too technical of questions - the employer just wants to see your thought process.

Interview Question – How would you determine the PV of the Mona Lisa?
Pitch a stock.
  Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Financial Services Representative
Westlake, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview Details Starts with phone interviews followed by on-site interview with 2 managers. Then the Watson-Glaser test. Following this, a follow up phone interview in some cases.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected. Questions are typical like tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer, what makes you a good fit, etc...   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No room for negotiation for this position.

Systems Analyst Interview

Systems Analyst

Interview Details Great interviews, met with many people

Interview Question – Lots of technical questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Wanted to continue exploring other options

Financial Representative Interview

Financial Representative

Interviewed at Fidelity Investments

Interview Details asked a bunch of behavioral questions. 2 phone interviews and a final in-person interview

Interview Question – What is excellent customer service?   Answer Question

Design Lead Interview

Boston, MA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in February 2010.

Interview Details Long and drawn out process. Be prepared to walk through your portfolio and describe your role in detail

Interview Question – Culture fit is very important, so expect both formal and "relaxed" questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You may first start as a contractor, so negotiation will very limited. Fidelity hires very tough contract HR folks, so do your research to back up what you are asking for.

Fixed Income Associate Interview

Interviewed at Fidelity Investments

Interview Details 1 phone interview with recruiter + 1 phone interview with MD + In-office interview

Interview Question – P-test covering a food and beverage company   Answer Question

Associate Financial Analyst Interview

Westlake, TX (US)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in January 2014.

Interview Details Applied online and was given a phone interview in the space of approximately 7 days. It took approximately 20 minutes, and was fairly rigorous. You have to know their financials in and out if you really want to get called in for more personal interview.

Know where the overall industry is headed most of all.

Interview Question – How do you think you can add value to Fidelity's operations?   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Financial Representative
Salt Lake City, UT (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in December 2012.

Interview Details I applied through Glassdoor and received a phone interview a few days later. After interviewing on the phone, I was told how to prepare for an in-person behavioral interview a month or two later. Since I was applying for a position across the country, I flew myself out to interview on my own dime. There, I was interviewed by two managers, one of which was my future manager. I took a test after the interview and received a job offer the next day.

Interview Question – How will you handle living far away from your family and friends? Will this cause personal problems for you?   Answer Question

Systems Services Support Analyst Interview

Research Triangle Park, NC (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in January 2014.

Interview Details Applied online via Fidelity website and was contacted by a recruiter within 2 weeks. Spoke with a Recruiter the following week provided an overview of the company, division and position and asked a few questions regarding SQL and Linux experience as these were necessary for the position. Interview was scheduled for the following week. I spoke with the team lead initially who asked questions about my resume and tried to get a feel for related experience. He also inquired about my Linux and SQL experience. After this interview, I spoke with another manager, primarily explaining my resume. After 2 pretty good interviews, I was informed a little over a week later they were going with another candidate. Overall took about a month.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Fidelity Investments