Fidelity Investments

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Senior Systems Engineer
Durham, NC (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in June 2012.

Interview Details There were almost no technical skill questions asked.. The process mostly glossed over my resume and asked about previous work experience.
They appeared to be more interested in how you would fit into the company culture and less concerned about what you could do for them.

Interview Question – I was presented with an odd question about firing all of the desktop support staff and replacing them with contractors.   View Answer

Financial Services Representative Interview

Financial Services Representative
Westlake, TX (US)

I interviewed at Fidelity Investments in June 2014.

Interview Details First contacted by a recruiter, about 20 minutes of surface questions and hearing about the job. Next is a more intense hour long interview with another recruiter. I am out of state so my third interview was an hour long, phone based one with two managers at the site.

Interview Question – Have you ever received feedback you didn't agree with?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I haven't actually got any feedback yet, my final interview was today.

Very Easy Interview

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Senior Systems Analyst
Westlake, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in November 2011.

Interview Details Very Easy, Open dialog. Met the hiring manager outside of business hours to accommodate both schedules. Just asked me the standard questions about my background and why Fidelity Investments. We were both from the East Coast so we hit it off instantly. The corporate recruiter was awesome as well. She really kept me updated throughout the entire interview process.

Negotiation Details – No negotation

Actuarial Associate Interview

Actuarial Associate
San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in May 2014.

Interview Details Applied and went through two rounds of phone interviews: first with the second manager and second with a hiring consultant. After about two weeks I was called back for an on-site interview. Some of the team were out on business trips, so I had interviewed with four individuals with thirty minute intervals. After two weeks they had made a final decision.

Interview Question – How would you deal with stress?   Answer Question

Manager - Physical Certificates Interview

Manager - Physical Certificates

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in April 2010.

Interview Details The interview process was professional and engaging. The hiring managers knew what they wanted in the candidate. The questions asked were relevant to the job requirements. The interview process was average and the decision was made rather quickly. Great interview process. Professional staff and management team. Quality company to work for.

Interview Question – What is your 5 year goal strategy?   Answer Question

Licensed Personal Financial Representative Interview

Licensed Personal Financial Representative
Jacksonville, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in November 2011.

Interview Details Very misleading. The recruiters do not know about, nor have they worked, the jobs they recruit for. They will do everything possible to NOT tell you that you are going to a call center and will spend your entire day attached to a phone that never stops taking inbound calls. The interview process will intrique you into believing that the hiring managers are important people who have a great amount of insight on the firm. The truth is that the hiring managers are all selected randomly, somethings selecting up to 20 at a time. Because I became part of the interviewing/hiring process I can tell you that candidates who did not make the initial cut will be called back and offered positions if the center in which you are interviewing for can't meet a minimum head count to fill a new hire class (usually 20+). You will never know if you were part of this group or not.

Interview Question – Why do you want to take a step backwards in pay and position?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There are not negotiations for all unlicensed positions.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Financial Services Representative

Interviewed at Fidelity Investments

Interview Details Initial phone interview asks about your background experience etc.

Then face to face interview continues to ask about your background and why you fit this role.

Usually get a call back within a few days asking for a follow up interview, which in most cases means you are being offered the position.

Interview Question – what would you recommend a client who is 65 and needs help servicing their IRA account   Answer Question

Equity Research Analyst Interview

Equity Research Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in February 2014.

Interview Details Applied through university job posting forum. Had minimum knowledge of job function, decided to accept interview request and gave it a try. I think it was pretty clear by the end that neither my interest nor expertise was in the field - interviewer also sounded very disinterested

Interview Question – What's your favorite investment related book?   Answer Question

IT Intern Interview

IT Intern
Irving, TX (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview Details I went through a mini-interview at the career fair in Feb. They contacted me 2 weeks after and set up a behavioral phone interview. There was a 2 month gap in communication until they contacted me for a phone interview with one of the managers. The manager found me a good fit for the company but not for his specific position so he referred me to another manager. I went through a technical/getting-to-know-you interview with him and I got the internship around the end of April.

Interview Question – The behavioral questions were very routine. The technical questions were more geared towards getting to know about my background and previous experiences rather than an over the phone exam.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer was non-negotiable but the pay was really good. No relocation provided.

Associate (Tax-Exempt) Interview

Associate (Tax-Exempt)
Merrimack, NH (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview Details Applied Online, Had a Phone Interview w/ HR to discuss why I applied, what I was looking for, and was explained about the position, following a second Phone Call, This one we discussed the potential of an "official" phone interview, We discussed my past experiences and how it lender itself to the position, conversation was heavy on looking for my capacity and/or experience with customer service, team work, handling difficult situations, it wasn't a formal phone interview, it was more of a casual "prep" for the potential of another Interview, very very helpful hiring manager, she discussed where I needed work, in respects to how I answered my questions, being able to be clear and concise, having specific examples that could be explained with ease, and display my abilities to communicate which was a the 2nd Phone Interview, a recorded phone interview, Questions asking similar questions to that which she used to prep me, an example of what I considered to be " world class customer service", a time where I had a difficult project and/or challenge and what I did to resolve it or attempt to resolve it, the steps taken ( critical thinking abilities), my ideas of team work, and where I find I would fit in a team- Round 3 was in-person interview, part one is a presentation " Day in the life", then 2 managers sit down with you for about 45 min, similar questions to those of phone interview, as well as the " where do you see yourself, short-term, longterm" " what are your goals in terms of continuing education" " how do you feel about getting feedback, can you handle criticism" - It was an enjoyable interview, very much a chance to show everything you got, very structured, and since they write all your answers down you must be very careful not to get off base, keep good eye contact, ask questions about what makes a successful candidate, about the company, more specifically the department, the structure, and training program, skills to be qualified candidate.... I heard back w/in a week, however start date was 5 weeks out due to training class schedule, all this however was up told to me from day1, They are very honest, and don't give any false expectations, honest hiring process, and good experience!

Interview Question – Provide me with a time where you received "world class customer service", elaborate what actions qualified the experience , and what and how make you see this as a time where someone went "above and beyond"   View Answer