Fidelity Investments Interview Questions

Updated 23 Oct, 2014
Updated 23 Oct, 2014

2.9

Relationship Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

I submitted three different applications and had one phone interview. Interviewer liked me and promised to call if moving forward or not. I am still waiting for a call to say sorry but we have decided to move on. Applying online is useless. I am turned off from Fidelity.

Interview Questions
    • The questions seemed basic and no level of difficulty. Perhaps it was a ploy to appear professional.   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

The interview is typically scheduled on a Tuesday (that’s when managers dedicate their whole day to interviews) they bring a between 10-15 interviewees at once, when you first go into the building, you take the elevator to the sixth floor, which is the hiring and training floor. You go into a conference room, the recruiter greets you and does a brief introduction of who they are, how long they’ve been with the company and what role they initially started in.

After about 10 minutes of debriefing, they then present a 10-12 page slideshow, detailing what Fidelity does as a company, how they have changed and how they compare to other financial companies. They go over salary (a range, contingent on experience), benefits (including health, dental, retirement and employee assistance programs), the recruiter then closes by asking if there are any additional questions, he was very transparent and did not hesitate to answer any questions.

Next, a senior representative comes in for some Q&A, this was our opportunity to find out what the reps in the position we were applying for what they did on a day to day basis, what to expect, the call volume, the atmosphere within the teams, the overall call structure and how we can be successful in our roles, if offered a position. He was very thorough and was upfront on the possible challenges we may come across, but was very optimistic and encouraging.

We are then greeted by two team managers who will be interviewing each individual, they were very inviting. The interview lasted about 40 minutes, with the standard packet of questions, the managers started by introducing their selves and giving a little background on how they began their career. The interview questions were pretty standard, from a packet, they picked about 5-6 questions and were really for answers that describe how you handled a particular situation.

I also got a tour of the work area, the cubicles are not your standard cubicle, it is nice and spread out but close enough where you still feel like you're apart of a team. The atmosphere overall was very inviting and the employees looked/seemed happy, they smile, said good morning, how are you and introduced themselves.

Interview Questions
    • This isn't necessary the most difficult question, but one you may want to prepare yourself for...

Describe a time where you received coaching, what was it for, did you agree with it and what steps did you take to improve those areas?

How have you contributed to your team to encourage positivity?

Describe your top five strengths (from StrengthFInder) and how have you used them to best help clients.
        Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Two phone, one in person. The first two calls are to make sure you can speak coherently over the phone, since all client interactions are done over the phone. If you pass, you then have an in person interview on a super day with two managers. Two on one.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Applied for the job from the Fidelity career's website. HR reached out to me in few days and had discussion regarding my resume for 30 minutes. Forwarded my resume to Hiring manager and I had 4 more rounds of interview after that. Entire process completed within a month.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were related to Spring, hibernate, threading, database etc.
         - how does spring mvc work
         - spring security, aop (cglib vs dynamic proxy), transactions, different jdbc templates, template pattern, singleton bean vs singleton pattern, bean life cycle.
         - types of hibernate inheritance, joins

2 online/live coding and designing questions.

Questions were quite simple and easy for me.
        Answer Question

Financial Customer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covington, KY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covington, KY (US)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Initial Phone Screening, Hour-long Phone Interview, Two-hour In-Person Interview. For the In-person interview you have a presentation about the company and position, q&a, a brief look at where the position is located in the building, followed by an hour-long interview with two of your prospective managers.

Interview Questions
    • Was there anything you wanted to tell us about yourself that you didn't have the opportunity to tell us so far in the interview?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Phone screen about my background and how I'd fit the position. It was then followed by an in-person interview. Met up with the hiring manager and went through standard interviewing questions. As expected, it is a financial company with very structured process. It will not fit well for people who like the flexibility or creativity in work.

Interview Questions
    • Very straight forward question. No brain teaser or any sort.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in August 2014.

I applied through College and there were 4 rounds in total. The first was aptitude, which consisted of 60 questions. It was pretty basic and i got through. The following three rounds were, Behavioral, Technical and then HR. Behavioral : there were some personal questions and then in technical just questions related to testing. The HR was very friendly and just asked things as per my resume.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

3 profiles were available namely :Software Developer,Quality Assurance, ITI(Technical Infrastructure)
    I chose software developer.
    Written Round:It had 3 sections namely Quantitative Aptitude,Logical Reasoning,Verbal Ability.
    This round was fairly easy but main thing is time management.
    I got through the 1st round.

Interview : There were 3 interviews ,

HR interview 1/ Behavior interview:Initially,the interviewer asked me whether I was nervous,and asked for my resume.She asked about my projects for about 5 minutes.After this she had given me a situation asked me how I would react.The situation was suppose when working in a team ,there is difference in opinion between me and other team members ,how would I react.I replied by saying that I would promptly go and tell my views to the Team leader and its up to the team leader to take in my opinions.All I want is to contribute for the betterment of the team in a meaningful manner.She asked me ,who is my inspiration,why I want to join Fidelity.This round lasted for about 15 minutes.

I was asked to wait for sometime and then I called in for Tech Interview for Software Developer.

Tech Interview: The interviewer was very friendly.I had told him in the beginning itself that I am not comfortable with data structures but I am going to study in the coming semester.He asked me few puzzles and code snippets a).Swapping of two variables without using a temporary variable b)
    if x and y are two numbers and each has a millions digits ,compute sum.c)If you have 5 ,10,20 rupee note.print all the combinations of these notes which will result in a sum of 500.I answers all these questions ,I could answer a few puzzles.
    This round lasted for about 20 minutes.
    After this round I had the HR 2 interview.

HR 2 interview:I was asked about my strengths and weaknesses.The interview asked me if had any questions to ask.This round lasted for about 10 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • In the Tech Interview ,I couldn't answer a few puzzles.   Answer Question
    Campus Interview,so no negotiation

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

interviewed at Fidelity Investments in August 2014.

I have just had my initial interview, it was mostly behavioral questions to see how you would handle customer service situations. They are looking for people with good customer service skills. Be prepared to know about the series 7 and 63. They want you to be committed to the training.

Interview Questions
    • When is a time that you have had to participate in a consultative conversation?   Answer Question
    It was a phone interview. I got an offer to continue in to the next interview.

Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Fidelity Investments in August 2014.

This review is to cover the initial 20 minute phone call with the recruiter. They are extremely transparent about what they can provide for you. He covered salary, benefits, and a very detailed schedule of the job. He expressed how hard the company worked for you to be successful. Training is 12 weeks from 8-5pm. One thing they don't put on the job posting is that you will be working in a call center, tied to a phone 90% of the day. You will also be given shifts that range between the hours of 7am-11pm Monday-Saturday. Night an weekend work required. This is a starting position and you can work your way up between 6-12 months. Most of the hiring is done internally. Everyone living with you (even if you are not dating/married) is required to move all of their investments over to Fidelity. If you have a live in-this may be a deal breaker for you.

Interview Questions
    • They really look people passionate about finance. I don't know much, but they didn't seemed bothered. Why do you want to leave your job now? What do you like most about your job (they asked 3 separate times, looking for 3 different answers)? Can you work nights an weekends? What can we do for you, what are you looking for in a company?   Answer Question