Fidelity Investments

Updated 29 Jan, 2015
Updated 29 Jan, 2015

2.9

Financial Representative Interview

This really depends who the branch manager is. My was definitely challenging because I knew relatively nothing about Investments, I just had an interest. At the end of the day, they want to make sure you're a hard worker, team oriented, friendly, care about helping clients, and learning about the industry.

LEAP Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Pretty easy and simple process overall. I was contacted on a Wednesday from a recruiter I had met at a career fair, had three onsite interviews that Friday, and had an offer in hand the next week. Great office, friendly people, pretty normal interview process.

Interview Questions
    No real negotiation, they gave a really fair offer.

Technical Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in December 2014.

I first met the recruiter through an on-campus professional organization. They gave a recruiting presentation at one of our meetings. I contacted the recruiter days later. She set up a phone interview to discuss my work preference, skills, and resume. There was a long period of silence (~3 months) until she could match my profile with an open internship position. I was eventually matched with a Oracle ERP software development position. She contacted me and set up a interview for next week. I interviewed with the team head. The interview was quite short, about 20 minutes at most. I emailed the recruiter immediately after. She set up a phone call for later that afternoon. She extended an offer the very same day! At the time of writing I am set to sign the written offer at the start of 2015.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were quite simple, but I'll record everything for sake of completeness.
      - Walk me through what you have studied, and where you stand (i.e., are you a sophomore and what classes have you taken?)
      - Please explain your past work with Hadoop. (resume specific question)
      - What work have you done with SQL?
      - What drives you to work with Fidelity and this particular position?

Overall they were looking for enthusiasm rather than great technical prowess.

Answer Question
    I did not negotiate because they pay was very fair and my home is 20 minutes from the office so I have no living expenses. I simply clarified if the position was consistently 35-40 hour week with applicable overtime pay.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Gave my resume to a representative at a career fair. Was contacted several weeks later for a phone interview. Very friendly. Simple screening process. No technical questions. No positions were available in my location. Overall a very easy process.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult. Just simple questions about relevant projects on my resume.   Answer Question

Software Engineer/Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in December 2014.

Excellent experience overall and the people were great! Felt respected throughout entire process. Beacuse of Christmas and new year vacation took process long time around 20 days. In the interview asked about all Advanced questions and logical scenario based question on technologies HTML5, JavaScript and BackboneJS.

Interview Questions
    • Didn't expected that total 4 to 5 rounds for the full interview process.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

I went to my college career fair and they had my resume. They emailed me to set up a phone interview 2 weeks later for the Technical Summer Internship Program. The first interview was mostly conversational. She asked me my interests and what I am looking for in an internship and the specified technical position. She was very friendly. She then said she'll call back if she finds a match for me.
    The recruiter called back in 2 weeks asking for a 2nd interview. It was a very short interview with the department head and a current employee, asking me about my work experience, why I chose my major, what programming classes I took and the grades I got in them. They asked me if I was familiar with SQL & Linux. Then explained me the position and type of work they do. Overall it was fairly easy.

Interview Questions
    There was no need to negotiate. It was a very generous offer.

LEAP Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Had a on campus interview. Really just wanted to know my interest. Then had a office visit where there were two behavior based and one technical interview. Everyone was nice and really seemed like they wanted to get to know you.

Interview Questions
    • Basic questions about object oriented design and situational questions.   Answer Question

Audit Interview

There were two rounds and I was not asked a question that was too technical. Nothing out of the ordinary. Spoke with each member of the team and they all asked similar questions.

No Negotiation

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

I was brought in for an in-person interview after one phone screen, and it went well - they were going to offer me the job, but the in-house people, Veritude, interfered, and said that some manager had said something negative about me, so I wasn't hired. Fidelity is political, and I mean national politics also - and I was told if you are Jewish on your profile they don't like it. Ned Johnson sets the tone for the company...

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if there was a road block in your testing process and it was going to put you behind schedule?   View Answer
    • Asked what types of tests I would automate and which ones I would not automate.   View Answer

Because of the way Veritude was treating me.

Customer Service Representative/Brokerage Representative Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Situation based questions - How did you face an upset customer.
    If a transition is happening, how will you manage the change.
    Are you a team player.
    What are your achievements.
    Has there been any conflict with co workers and how did you handle.

Interview Questions
    • What experience you bring from previous job that maybe useful in current position   Answer Question