Fidelity Investments

Updated 4 Mar, 2015
Updated 4 Mar, 2015

2.9

Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Standard process beginning with a phone screening, moving to a phone interview, and finally an on-site half-day interview with 4 team members. After my on-site interviews, I was asked to do one follow-up phone call with the hiring manager. The offer letter came a few days after that. In all phases of the process, the interview questions were primarily behavioral and resume-focused. I enjoyed the process overall.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with conflicting priorities in a working environment?   Answer Question

Information Security Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in January 2015.

I applied for the position in September and got a request for an interview in December, so that process took awhile, but once I scheduled the phone interview -- things moved much more quickly. At first, I spoke with a staffing consultant (Tiffany) and all we talked about was what I needed from the internship and what I would like to do. She told me that it may take a couple weeks to find a hiring manager who thinks they can fit my needs, but I ended up being chosen by the Information Security team to be interviewed within an hour. I scheduled a second interview with the IS guy that Monday, nailed it, and was offered the job 10 minutes about the second interview was over.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were expected, but I guess the hardest would've been what I wanted to get out of the internship. Not because it was a hard question, but because there were dozens of things I wanted out of it.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied online and received an email a few weeks later setting up a phone call. When I got the phone call it was a very short interview lasting less than 10 minutes. Interviewer was not enthusiastic and felt as though they just wanted to get off the phone from the start.

Financial Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

The hiring and interview process was generally pleasant and quick. Everyone I met was extremely kind and genuinely interested in learning about me and my experiences, and they're very open to any and all educational/professional backgrounds.

Interview Questions
    • I was surprised to be asked more questions based on my education than my previous professional experience.   Answer Question
    There's no negotiation.

Internal Audit Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

There was a first round interview at the university. I was interviewed by two people, and each interview was a half hour long. The second round was at their offices, where I was interviewed by three people. Each interview lasted half an hour as well.

Financial Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

The interview started with a group presentation featuring a PowerPoint presentation followed by an informal Q&A with a current employee in the same role I was interviewing for. Then, pairs of managers came in to escort interviewees to smaller rooms for a 2-1 interview. The interview consisted of 5+ questions all related to customer service and handling difficult customers, focusing on first-hand experience answers. After, the managers told me a recruiter would be in touch in a few days. Finally, I was directed to a conference room to complete a logic assessment with other interviewees. I was contacted the following day by the recruiter and offered the job. She also provided positive feedback about my interview.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time you had to handle a difficult customer or coworker.   Answer Question
    No ability to negotiate.

LEAP Software Developer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Applied online. Got a phone interview with HR. HR talked about the company and the program and asked me to talk about myself. They offered me to come in for an on site interview. Gave a quick tour of the building. In person interview with 3 one on one interviews. Each lasted 30 minutes. The first interviewer did not even know they were going to interview me and asked me about 5 behavioral questions. Next interviewer asked a few behavioral questions. I talked about my school project and we ended up talking about personal interests. Third interviewer asked basic java technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • How do you get rid of duplicate items in a select statement?   View Answer

Human Resources Director Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Fidelity has a very professional TA process. From a candidates perspective this is one of the better companies I dealt with. The only negative is being asked to interview with one person at a time. It's expensive to park in Boston and only meet with one person.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Initially emailed about a time for a phone interview. After the phone screening which lasted about 30-45 minutes, I was emailed again about a time to visit the location in Westlake for a in-person interview. The interview started with us as a group where we discussed the company overview and what benefits they offer. Afterward, a pair of hiring managers took us off to interview individually.

Interview Questions
    • A question that now seems to be fairly easy after thinking about it for a few minutes that threw me off was. "Tell me about a time where you were blown away by customer service." It was a bit difficult to think of a moment of outstanding service I received, nothing in my mind stood out, think this hurt my overall interview.   Answer Question

Financial Customer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Prompt response to my application, which was nice. Initial interview was over the phone for 45 minutes. Nicely done with relevant questions about my current and past work, what I like about the Fidelity position and company; only a few challenging questions: tell me about a time when... The interviewer was clear that the position was entry level and had expectations of completing Series 7 and 66 exams. She said the salary would be $35K with possible bonuses, and this was non-negotiable. She said she wanted to offer me another interview - this one to be on-site with the organization. She prepared me with their possible questions and offered helpful feedback for how to answer thos questions. Due to this, I felt at ease going into the second interview. The second interview: I was in a group of 8 who were ushered into a conference room and introduced to the company by two men who shared their positions and career paths to date. We watched a power point presentation about Fidelity and then were taken as individuals to be interviewed. I was interviewed by two other men who put me at ease and tag-teamed their questions. That part lasted about 35 minutes. They wanted to know what I knew about the company and why I wanted to work for Fidelity. They also asked if I knew about the Series 7 and 66 exams. They answered my questions and led me to think the interview went well and their next step was to meet with the other interviewers and "fight for me" as a new hire. I havent heard yet whether I will be extended an offer. They said it would be up to 2 weeks. It's been 2 days.

Interview Questions
    • Are you open to receiving feedback about your work and making immediate adjustments?   View Answer