Fidelity Investments

Updated 18 Nov, 2014
Updated 18 Nov, 2014

2.9

Equity Research Associate Interview

I had a phone interview. The interviewer asked a lot of technical questions, details about my resume, and the interviewer asked them at a quick pace. They were interested in knowing what books that I have read, and made sure that I followed the market. It was a fast paced interview, nothing too difficult besides being a quick thinker.

Interview Questions
    • Basic finance questions, but you had to explain yourself   Answer Question

Institutional Sales and Trading (Coop Position) Interview

Their decision is based off 1 interview. I was told a decision was to be made 3 weeks after my interview (I was one of the earliest interviews behind another week of others). The interview was very relaxed and casual. Often during the interview the conversation would drift in another topic. If you list interests and hobbies, be prepared to elaborate on them. The interview lasted no more than 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • 1. Tell me about yourself
      2. Could you explain your experiences with __________?
      3. Why this position?
      4. You have listed ______ as an interest/hobby/activity, could you please elaborate?
        Answer Question

Institutional Sales Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I had three interviews the first was behavioral with an managing director, second was more technical business questions about the mutual fund industry, and the third was conversation with the head of institutional sales.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a time when you faced adversity and how you learned from such an experience   View Answer

Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

I went to my college career fair and they had my resume. They emailed me to set up a phone interview 2 weeks later for the Technical Summer Internship Program. The first interview was mostly conversational. She asked me my interests and what I am looking for in an internship and the specified technical position. She was very friendly. She then said she'll call back if she finds a match for me.
    The recruiter called back in 2 weeks asking for a 2nd interview. It was a very short interview with the department head and a current employee, asking me about my work experience, why I chose my major, what programming classes I took and the grades I got in them. They asked me if I was familiar with SQL & Linux. Then explained me the position and type of work they do. Overall it was fairly easy.

Interview Questions
    There was no need to negotiate. It was a very generous offer.

LEAP Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Had a on campus interview. Really just wanted to know my interest. Then had a office visit where there were two behavior based and one technical interview. Everyone was nice and really seemed like they wanted to get to know you.

Interview Questions
    • Basic questions about object oriented design and situational questions.   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

I was brought in for an in-person interview after one phone screen, and it went well - they were going to offer me the job, but the in-house people, Veritude, interfered, and said that some manager had said something negative about me, so I wasn't hired. Fidelity is political, and I mean national politics also - and I was told if you are Jewish on your profile they don't like it. Ned Johnson sets the tone for the company...

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if there was a road block in your testing process and it was going to put you behind schedule?   View Answer
    • Asked what types of tests I would automate and which ones I would not automate.   View Answer

Because of the way Veritude was treating me.

Audit Interview

There were two rounds and I was not asked a question that was too technical. Nothing out of the ordinary. Spoke with each member of the team and they all asked similar questions.

No Negotiation

Customer Service Representative/Brokerage Representative Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Situation based questions - How did you face an upset customer.
    If a transition is happening, how will you manage the change.
    Are you a team player.
    What are your achievements.
    Has there been any conflict with co workers and how did you handle.

Interview Questions
    • What experience you bring from previous job that maybe useful in current position   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Good. Quick. The people are friendly and the staff was on top of things. The interview was to the point and they gave me all the answers to my questions.

Account Executive Interview

Varies considerably based on the manager interviewing you. Great performance helps but no guarantee. Sometimes they have their person but just need to post and interview for show. Typical of most big companies.

Interview Questions
    Sales position, set base, variable comp based on performance in comp plan.