Fidelity Investments

Updated 22 Feb, 2015
Updated 22 Feb, 2015

2.9

Financial Services Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

After applying online with an employee referral, was emailed to set up a pre-screening call from a recruiter that lasted 15-20 minutes. Went over reason's for applying, reasons for interest in the job/company/industry. Very basic questioning about my knowledge of financial instruments. The first big question they ask is "Tell me about yourself", and expect a good answer to that without needing their assistance or guidance as to subject matter. Personally, my phone call did not go over too well as I was quite unprepared and it was my first real interview out of school.

The call ended with setting up an in-person interview with 3 interviewers and myself at their head office. Again, began with "Tell us about yourself", and was followed mostly with the classic behavioral questions, as well as questions regarding my personal background with regards to work and education.

I was not given an offer for the position afterwards, most likely based on my experience rather than my interview, however, I took a lot from the interviews that I carried over into future ones and would say the overall experience was very professional and quite enjoyable.

Equity Research Associate Interview

I had a phone interview. The interviewer asked a lot of technical questions, details about my resume, and the interviewer asked them at a quick pace. They were interested in knowing what books that I have read, and made sure that I followed the market. It was a fast paced interview, nothing too difficult besides being a quick thinker.

Interview Questions
    • Basic finance questions, but you had to explain yourself   Answer Question

Institutional Sales and Trading (Coop Position) Interview

Their decision is based off 1 interview. I was told a decision was to be made 3 weeks after my interview (I was one of the earliest interviews behind another week of others). The interview was very relaxed and casual. Often during the interview the conversation would drift in another topic. If you list interests and hobbies, be prepared to elaborate on them. The interview lasted no more than 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • 1. Tell me about yourself
      2. Could you explain your experiences with __________?
      3. Why this position?
      4. You have listed ______ as an interest/hobby/activity, could you please elaborate?

Answer Question

Institutional Sales Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I had three interviews the first was behavioral with an managing director, second was more technical business questions about the mutual fund industry, and the third was conversation with the head of institutional sales.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a time when you faced adversity and how you learned from such an experience   View Answer

Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

I applied through their website. About a week later a screening phone call from them a week later giving a better explanation of the position and confirming my interest. I then had a phone interview about 2 weeks later. At the conclusion of the phone interview I was advised I would be brought in for a face to face interview with two managers. I came in with two other candidates. We all were given a presentation about the company and then broke out with two designated managers. After the interview with managers an aptitude test was given to all candidates. I was called about two weeks later and advised I would be extended an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Provide an example of when you exhibited or received extraordinary customer service. Explain why you think it was extraordinary.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Applied online, spoke to HR recruiter who set expectations on likely hood of getting an interview, then had 2 interviews 3 weeks apart, went through extensive background check. Talked about why fidelity, why i wanted this position. I was unsure i was qualified and normally, ive heard they dont hire external candidates.

Interview Questions
    • What gives you confidence you can do this job well? Past experience? Sales process? Client interactions? Very thorough but about an hour each.   View Answer

Associate Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

I applied online and had an interview via video. It took ~45 minutes and they really promoted Fidelity Investments. It was really relaxed and the questioning was forward. Interviewer was polite and understanding when I didn't have an answer for a question.

Interview Questions
    • I was mainly asked about basic OOP concepts and how they apply. They also asked about previous experience and projects. One or two 'trick' questions but no crazy puzzles or expectations.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Met at Career fair and talked with recruiters and was then invited to an on campus interview which then led to an on site interview. They were incredibly thoughtful and reimbursed me for gas and paid for the hotel room and a $50 card to use at the hotel for dinner.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were typical behavioral question with one pertaining to my course load that could be relevant for the department.   Answer Question

Technical Interview

I got a phone screen by applying on the website for technical internships. I was emailed for the phone screen within a week. Phone screen was around 15 minutes long. Was told that I would be contacted later for further steps. They never contacted me again after that, so I did not get an offer.

Intern Interview

I applied online and was reached out to by email and phone call for a phone interview by the recruiter. The phone interview took 30 minutes, and the questions were very generic/predictable questions. For example, "Tell me about your summer intern last year?", "What projects did you do?", etc. The recruiter was extremely nice and the interview was easy. The phone interview by the recruiter just gave them an idea of your personality and which types of internships they could refer you to (based on your experiences, etc). Following this interview, I was reached out to by a certain 'department' for another phone interview with not the recruiter, but the main people who 'worked' for that department. The phone interview was also 30-40 minutes and they mainly explained to me what the responsibilities of the internship were. I had to try to understand a lot of unknown terms to be prepared to ask questions about the responsibilities.