Fidelity Investments Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 25, 2014
Updated Aug 25, 2014
588 interviews

2.9

Their decision is based off 1 interview. I was told a decision was to be made 3 weeks after my interview (I was one of the earliest interviews behind another week of others). The interview was very relaxed and casual. Often during the interview the conversation would drift in another topic. If you list interests and hobbies, be prepared to elaborate on them. The interview lasted no more than 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • 1. Tell me about yourself
      2. Could you explain your experiences with __________?
      3. Why this position?
      4. You have listed ______ as an interest/hobby/activity, could you please elaborate?
        Answer Question

Institutional Sales Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I had three interviews the first was behavioral with an managing director, second was more technical business questions about the mutual fund industry, and the third was conversation with the head of institutional sales.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a time when you faced adversity and how you learned from such an experience   View Answer

Associate Interview

The only company in my experience where you will be treated nicely having no complaints during the interview process. It starts with a 60 marks attitude comprising verbal,quantitative and logical reasoning. The next day is the technical interview- mutual funds and stock market followed by some hr questions. The final managerial round will have only resume related questions and salary negotiation- just sell yourself!!

Interview Questions
    • Most annoying thing that will force me to quit the job?   Answer Question
    The salary was good for a fresher so no negotiations.

Senior Investment Data Analyst Interview

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in February 2014.

I had two phone interviews one with the recruiter and the other with the department head both went well and I got invited on campus for 3 in person interviews. All the questions were around past work experience.

Management Consultant, Strategy Group Interview

Fidelity Business Consulting (aka FBC), the internal strategy group, follows a standard on campus recruiting timeline for MBA students.

WHAT THEY WANT: They are looking for MBA students who want to have financial services domain knowledge and an operating role in Fidelity as a mid-term career objective. Finance industry experience is a plus but it is not a requirement. Many successful candidates say that prior experience in people / project management has helped. What you must have is a consulting toolkit, business acumen, and problem solving orientation.

RESUME REVIEW: Make sure your resume shows problem solving/ analytical experience, strategy experience, financial services background (if you have one) or interest, and leadership/ personal Initiative.

INTERVIEWS: In the first round, they usually do two interviews (one with a Director or Management Consultant and one with a VP). Be prepared for case interviews, fit interviews, and the occasional brain teaser.

In behavioral interviews, they're going to score you on categories like Personal Impact, Communication, Cultural Fit, Leadership/ Initiative, and Financial Services Interest/ Expertise. In case interviews, they're going to score you on categories like Problem Structuring, Conceptual Thinking, and Quantitative Skills.

Interview Questions
    • Some of the VPs tend to throw you brain teasers to see how you react and reason. These can be difficult but it's no different than what the big consulting firms do.   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Salt Lake City, UT (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

interviewed at Fidelity Investments in August 2014.

I have just had my initial interview, it was mostly behavioral questions to see how you would handle customer service situations. They are looking for people with good customer service skills. Be prepared to know about the series 7 and 63. They want you to be committed to the training.

Interview Questions
    • When is a time that you have had to participate in a consultative conversation?   Answer Question
    It was a phone interview. I got an offer to continue in to the next interview.

Sales & Trading Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in March 2013.

I applied online through campus recruiting and heard back about scheduling an interview maybe a week later, then the interview was a week after that. 2 people from the firm were there interviewing me, both relatively friendly and polite. There were no horror story occurrences like with other finance interviews I've heard about. They asked standard questions - why sales & trading, what would you contribute, what other roles are you looking at, what are some of your accomplishments. They were interested in what I was doing at school and outside of class to learn about finance, since my major is liberal arts.

Relationship Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

I submitted three different applications and had one phone interview. Interviewer liked me and promised to call if moving forward or not. I am still waiting for a call to say sorry but we have decided to move on. Applying online is useless. I am turned off from Fidelity.

Interview Questions
    • The questions seemed basic and no level of difficulty. Perhaps it was a ploy to appear professional.   Answer Question

Defined Contribution Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in March 2011.

I was first contacted via phone to complete a phone interview, which went pretty well. The recruiter I worked with felt that I had potential and gave me immediate feedback at the end of my phone interview before extending an offer for a face to face interview. Once I completed my face to face interview I was thanked for my time and contacted maybe a week or two later with an emailed offer letter. In the offer letter I also had to schedule a drug test and submit information for a background check and the offer was contingent upon successful completion of both.

Interview Questions
    • I had the advantage of knowing someone who had just undergone the same interview process with Fidelity who helped me prepare, so nothing unexpected occurred for me personally. They asked the basic behavioral-based questions. "Tell me about a time when..." "How did you handle a situation when..."   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Submitted resume online for FR position at multiple branches and received a call from the recruiter within 2 weeks. Basic phone screening regarding background and interest in the position. Passed the screening and the recruiter set me up on a interview with the branch manager for the following day. I interviewed with the branch manager and other FR's, lasted about 2 hours total. Unfortunately I did not get that position, but the branch manager was impressed and recommended for another branch. Met with the Service Manger, lasted about 45minutes, basic questions on background and why I wanted to work in the industry and for fidelity. I received a call a week later to meet with the Branch Manager. The interview was pretty simple, as long has you are passionate about customer service. They really put a huge emphasis on the customer experience and we spend a great deal of time talking about my past as it relates to providing excellent customer service. The branch manager also had me roll play as if I had the position and she was a walk in. Caught me off guard, but I guess I did well!

Interview Questions
    • What are the top 5 things/characteristics that your past manager(s) would say about you?   Answer Question

Worked for Fidelity Investments? Contribute to the Community!