Fidelity Investments

Updated 20 Jan, 2015
Updated 20 Jan, 2015

2.9

Equity Research Associate Interview

I had a phone interview. The interviewer asked a lot of technical questions, details about my resume, and the interviewer asked them at a quick pace. They were interested in knowing what books that I have read, and made sure that I followed the market. It was a fast paced interview, nothing too difficult besides being a quick thinker.

Interview Questions
    • Basic finance questions, but you had to explain yourself   Answer Question

Institutional Sales and Trading (Coop Position) Interview

Their decision is based off 1 interview. I was told a decision was to be made 3 weeks after my interview (I was one of the earliest interviews behind another week of others). The interview was very relaxed and casual. Often during the interview the conversation would drift in another topic. If you list interests and hobbies, be prepared to elaborate on them. The interview lasted no more than 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • 1. Tell me about yourself
      2. Could you explain your experiences with __________?
      3. Why this position?
      4. You have listed ______ as an interest/hobby/activity, could you please elaborate?

Answer Question

Institutional Sales Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I had three interviews the first was behavioral with an managing director, second was more technical business questions about the mutual fund industry, and the third was conversation with the head of institutional sales.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a time when you faced adversity and how you learned from such an experience   View Answer

Graduate Program Sales & Marketing Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

They are really looking for consistency. I had four parts to complete in the AC which were a group exercise, a presentation (you get the topic 1 week prior to the AC), an interview, and a case study. One cannot really prepare for 1,2, and 4 but you really have to nail the presentation and know everything about what you are talking. I put in less effort and didnt get the job only because of that even though they told me that I outperformed the rest in 2 and 4 by far.

Associate Software Engineer Developer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

1. Technical Objective Test(70 Questions)
    2. Technical Interview
    3. Technical Interview Manager
    4. HR Interview

1. Worst Interview Experience.
    2. They took a 2 hour objective test. After that a long wait of 2 hours for the result. After clearing the written test. We have to do a long wait of 3 hours, and at 5 PM they said that Panels are not available , we will call you on any week day, there is no call after that.
    3. They spoils the whole Saturday.

IT Contractor Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Hiring might be for one site then that site moves to another. I worked in three NE locations. My seat was then relocated to North Carolina. Told I could go to RI and ended up in NH while working in MA

Usually pretty smooth.

Software Engineer/Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

it went for 3 rounds
    1.Techincal interview
    2.behavioral interview
    3. HR
    techinical is mostly based on my resume and all the projects which are easy
    behavioral they give you certain examples so they will see how you are going to overcome the problems in it
    HR is general questions interests, likes etc

Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

I applied online and got a call about 2 weeks later. Set up a phone screen a few days later. Educated me about the company and what the position is all about. Be ready to be on the phone 90-100 percent of the time during your employment..... I was not up to this type of work.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work in the financial services industry?

Give me an example when you went above and beyond in customer service.

Answer Question

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Smithfield, RI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Smithfield, RI (US)

I applied in-person – interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

I applied through the internal job search engine as I am a current employee. First recieved a call for screening my resume which is a pre HR screening but as I was also recommended I skipped the actual HR interview and was given the direct phone interview with on of the key team member.

Took about 2 weeks to bring me in for a face-to-face interview with 4 interviewers. The interview went excellent! I was extended the offer next morning.

I negotiated and was offered a substential pay bump as this was a team lead role also they were aware I have other offer of the table.

Interview Questions
    • Design a entire library system for a university and how will you go about analysing it.   Answer Question
    Straightforward. I asked a pay raise based on my skill set. They immediately came back with a much better offer.

Financial Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

The people seemed to really enjoy working for the company. They were very knowledgable on the training process as well as the advancement and promotion process. they made me excited about the company and made their training program seem awesome

Interview Questions
    • Slight Role play scenario, asking what I would do in situation with disgruntled customer.   Answer Question
    They did not seem to be open to negotiations