Fidelity Investments Interview Questions

Updated 26 Sep, 2014
Updated 26 Sep, 2014

2.9

Institutional Sales and Trading (Coop Position) Interview

Their decision is based off 1 interview. I was told a decision was to be made 3 weeks after my interview (I was one of the earliest interviews behind another week of others). The interview was very relaxed and casual. Often during the interview the conversation would drift in another topic. If you list interests and hobbies, be prepared to elaborate on them. The interview lasted no more than 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • 1. Tell me about yourself
      2. Could you explain your experiences with __________?
      3. Why this position?
      4. You have listed ______ as an interest/hobby/activity, could you please elaborate?
        Answer Question

Institutional Sales Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I had three interviews the first was behavioral with an managing director, second was more technical business questions about the mutual fund industry, and the third was conversation with the head of institutional sales.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a time when you faced adversity and how you learned from such an experience   View Answer

Tech Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

The first round interview was with HR via phone, and the second round was with a hiring manager through phone. Each interview took about half an hour. For some reason the hiring manage sounds very annoyed and angry the whole time...

Technical Author Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tonbridge, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tonbridge, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Unusually for a contract role it was a two stage interview; but having said that it was straight forward with the latter being a "getting to know you" chat. The process was straight forward and there was only openness from the interviewers

Interview Questions
    • Wanted examples of systems and manuals / guides produced.   Answer Question

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Campus recruiting. We had 1.5 hrs interactive ppt where we learnt about company's prospect.They came for 3 profiles. We had 4 rounds. 1st round was aptitude-AMCAT. Basic math,logical and verbal questions. Then there was behavioural round. It was just to know about the candidate. Then there was a tech interview. they asked mainly about projects,basic questions on c,c++ ( for qa,developer ).
    Finally there was 1 hr round which was just a formality.
    Overall easy interview with friendly team of fidelity.

Interview Questions
    • Questions on linux commands for infrastructure profile   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Written Round - Aptitude round- adaptive test(AMCAT)- verbal+logical+aptitude- Easy questions, pretty doable. No negative marking

Tech Round 1- Basic technical questions based on resume, need to be very clear on C,OOP concepts,DBMS, DSA.

Tech+ HR round 2- Projects, plus basic HR questions, need to know well about the company- Why Fidelity?, Next 5 year plan, why not other companies, Higher education plans etc

Behavioral/HR round- Again more on the company, reasons for going into investments, about SDLC, strengths,weaknesses, team work etc

Location offered- Chennai/Bangalore
    Position- Software Engineer

Financial Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

After applying online I was contacted by local HR to do a screening interview. It consisted of standard questions like "what do you know about financial services?" and "are you currently following the stock market?". Overall, relatively basic info to pass to the next phone interview. This one was more detailed, and they go over your resume fairly thoroughly.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time where your customer service went above and beyond the normal level of expectations.   View Answer

They can only tell you that you may work a shift between 7:00am-11:00pm Monday-Saturday. No guarantee of standard hours.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

I went through 4 rounds, 1) 75 objective questions 2) f2f with project manager (took around 30 minutes) 3) interview with a technical panel 4) Project Director, where he only spoke about the work culture, expectations, asked about my expectations from Fidelity. It lasted for approx. 40 minutes. As the day was almost over, the HR asked me if he can call me on Monday for further discussions. They didn't call and I didn't feel the need to contact them.

The interview questions were pretty basic and easy to answer.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Salt Lake City, UT (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in September 2014.

I applied thru the fidelity site. The day after I received a call, she was pretty straightforward about the position, the salary, the benefits, etc; she went over everything very thoroughly. I mentioned that I know somebody in the West Coast offices so she asked me to get the name. A day after I called her and gave her the name. During the interview i was asked the typical questions, if I follow the stock, why the company, etc. Now I'm waiting for the second interview, which is going to be a behavioral interview, so i have to do my homework about the company, series 7 and 63.

Interview Questions
    I'm waiting for the behavioral interview.

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

The interview process consisted of 4 rounds and was completed in 1 day.First was a written aptitude round( Quantitative Aptitude+Logical Reasoning+Verbal Ability) followed by a behavioral(kind of a HR round) and a technical round(As i am an ece student, interviewer dint go very deep into coding, simple conceptual questions on oops concepts were asked).Finally, the process ended with a HR Round. Interviewers were friendly and helpful throughout the process.

Interview Questions

Worked for Fidelity Investments? Contribute to the Community!