Fidelity Investments

Average Difficulty
562 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Institutional Sales and Trading (Coop Position) Interview

Institutional Sales and Trading (Coop Position)

Interviewed at Fidelity Investments

Interview Details Their decision is based off 1 interview. I was told a decision was to be made 3 weeks after my interview (I was one of the earliest interviews behind another week of others). The interview was very relaxed and casual. Often during the interview the conversation would drift in another topic. If you list interests and hobbies, be prepared to elaborate on them. The interview lasted no more than 30 minutes.

Interview Question – 1. Tell me about yourself
2. Could you explain your experiences with __________?
3. Why this position?
4. You have listed ______ as an interest/hobby/activity, could you please elaborate?
  Answer Question

Institutional Sales Analyst Interview

Institutional Sales Analyst
Toronto, ON

Interviewed at Fidelity Investments

Interview Details I had three interviews the first was behavioral with an managing director, second was more technical business questions about the mutual fund industry, and the third was conversation with the head of institutional sales.

Interview Question – Give me a time when you faced adversity and how you learned from such an experience   View Answer

Graduate Trainee Engineer Interview

Graduate Trainee Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview Details Three rounds of interview. mainly. Aptitude, technical and HR round. Asked the basic level questions for graduate trainee engineer. That was an quite good and ok for the freshers. Everything will finish within the time period.

Interview Question – Difference between c c++ and java   View Answer

Financial Representative

I applied online and interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview Details What I experience:

First, an informational call with description of job responsibilities to see if you are a good fit. Second, I had an phone interview with one of the HR workers, and after the same interview I was invited to come in to meet with the managers on site. Then after the face-to-face interview with in a day I got the call for an offer. Not took long for everything, if anything I made the process longer because I was interested in different locations.

Interview Question – All straight forward situational questions. Just try to tell stories that about your personal goals, education, and work experience that relate to Fidelity's values/job requirements . Customer service excellence is HUGE!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Entry level.

Covington, KY (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in July 2014.

Interview Details 2 telephone interviews with HR and recruiter. One on one in person interview with 2 department managers. The 3rd interview begins with an overview of the company, the site and the position you are applying for. After the overview is the actual interview, with 2 hiring managers

Interview Question – What was the best customer experience you have had ?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Know the culture of the site and the company. Be prepared. This is an entry level position with many opportunities for growth. You are receiving paid training, and this is a phone job.

Financial Consultant Interview

Financial Consultant
Baltimore, MD (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in May 2013.

Interview Details Hiring process was quick. I received a phone call a few days after I applied and I was scheduled for a phone interview. 2 days later I was scheduled for on-site interview.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Senior Audit Analyst Interview

Senior Audit Analyst
Boston, MA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in March 2012.

Interview Details Lady had a negative attitude when interviewing for an audit position. Didn't seem to care at all about my resume; seemed to be in a hurry and not interested whatsoever.

Interview Question – Why aren't you applying to finance jobs if you're a finance major?   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview Details One round of technical interview and one Hr round for negotiation. Easy to crack. Technical interview will be more on basics and your hand son experience in last company. Be sure to be confident in the interview. They like confident people to have on board.

Merrimack, NH (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in March 2014.

Interview Details You are greeted by two people in HR that take you on a tour of the campus. Bring your resume because they take two copies to give to the managers that will be interviewing you. You learn about the company and then get taken to another room to do your interview with two managers. After that you are taken to another room to take a critical thinking test. Got a call later that day to inform me how the interview went.

Interview Question – One of the managers asked if I would recommend he go to Harvard or Yale. He was looking to see how well I could ask questions to identify which one would better fit his situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate because I was happy with the offer.

Customer Service Associate I Interview

Customer Service Associate I

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in April 2014.

Interview Details Two phone interviews. One short one to get information and another hour long one that went over typical interview questions. Straight forward and not a lot of pressure. Asked questions about experience and how you handle workplace situations. Don't need a total understanding of investing. More focused on communication skills and how you deal with people. Then hour long face to face interview. Group of 10 that gets a powerpoint presentation then break into one on one or one on two interview. Similar questions as in phone interview but more situational to dealing with clients and team members.

Interview Question – Ask what you would do if someone called who was upset about a previous experience trying to get a hardship loan and was denied of had a negative experience in general.   Answer Question

Worked for Fidelity Investments? Contribute to the Community!