Fidelity Investments Interview Questions

Updated 28 Oct, 2014
Updated 28 Oct, 2014

2.9

Institutional Sales and Trading (Coop Position) Interview

Their decision is based off 1 interview. I was told a decision was to be made 3 weeks after my interview (I was one of the earliest interviews behind another week of others). The interview was very relaxed and casual. Often during the interview the conversation would drift in another topic. If you list interests and hobbies, be prepared to elaborate on them. The interview lasted no more than 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • 1. Tell me about yourself
      2. Could you explain your experiences with __________?
      3. Why this position?
      4. You have listed ______ as an interest/hobby/activity, could you please elaborate?
        Answer Question

Institutional Sales Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I had three interviews the first was behavioral with an managing director, second was more technical business questions about the mutual fund industry, and the third was conversation with the head of institutional sales.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a time when you faced adversity and how you learned from such an experience   View Answer

Account Executive Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Good. Quick. The people are friendly and the staff was on top of things. The interview was to the point and they gave me all the answers to my questions.

Account Executive Interview

Varies considerably based on the manager interviewing you. Great performance helps but no guarantee. Sometimes they have their person but just need to post and interview for show. Typical of most big companies.

Interview Questions
    Sales position, set base, variable comp based on performance in comp plan.

Associate Software Engineer Developer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Applied online and got a phone call in a week.
    On campus interview scheduled 2 days after.
    Interviewers were all nice. 2/3 were basic behavorial questions.
    The rest are technical questions. Straight forward, no trick.

Associate Software Engineer Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

3 rounds of interview. 1 technical and 2 HR round. Each of them went for 30 to 45 min of duration. After the interview process they usually take couple of days to let you know the results.

Interview Questions
    • Technical round was easy. Asked for basic concepts of JAVA, Database Systems Algorithms and your coursework.
      HR asked questions related to projects that I worked upon and some behavioral question based upon a given situation.
        Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

2 phone interviews followed by 1 in-person group interview and 1-on-1 interview with 2 managers. We met with 3 different employees in group environments and toured the facility as well as watching a video.

Interview Questions
    • None were unexpected. Why Fidelity? What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question
    Was told there was no negotiation on salary

Financial Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Two phone interviews. The first is pretty informal, they make sure you are aware that the position is a call center position, and provide you with additional information about the job. There is a few basic questions about your previous experience.

Second phone interview is more formal. Many "Tell me about a situation when you encountered ---, and how did you handle it. " Most of these are teamwork or customer service oriented.

A face to face interview may be given after this second phone interview

Financial Services Representative Interview

They first start with a phone interview and then if you make it through that they have you interview with other potential candidates in person. After your personal interview with 2 interviewers you take an assessment test to determine ability to pass the Series 7.

Purchasing/Sourcing Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

I applied on line. A few days later, I got a phone call and then had a one-on-one interview. Within two days, I got an email inviting me back for an evening "meet and greet" session, set for the next week, which consisted of many candidates and several interviewers all in a conference room at one time. Everyone could feel the discomfort in the atmosphere. It was awkward, to say the least. During the session, the interviewers assured us someone would get back in touch with each of us by the end of the week (either way) and they did not do so. I happened to know a couple people who were also there as candidates and they have told me they did not hear anything afterward, either. Honestly... I am not impressed by this style of "interviewing" and now I feel the company lacks integrity because they did not do what they said they would do.

Interview Questions
    • 1st interview = questions were standard behavioral questions.   View Answer