Fidelity Investments

www.fidelity.com

Fidelity Investments Financial Services Representative Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 12, 2014

Average Difficulty
44 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Englewood, CO (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in July 2014.

Interview Details Applied via referral online. Heard back within a few days for a phone interview. Phone interview lasted about an hour and consisted of behavioral based questions. They were looking for specific examples of experience (primarily those relating to customer service) that displayed the basic skills required for the job (leadership, team-work, diligence, etc.). At the end of the phone interview was asked to come in to the office for a face-to-face interview with 2 managers. Still in the interview process

Interview Question – What process and daily goals will you set in place in order to pass the series 7 & 63?   Answer Question

Denver, CO (US)

I applied online and interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview Details The interview is typically scheduled on a Tuesday (that’s when managers dedicate their whole day to interviews) they bring a between 10-15 interviewees at once, when you first go into the building, you take the elevator to the sixth floor, which is the hiring and training floor. You go into a conference room, the recruiter greets you and does a brief introduction of who they are, how long they’ve been with the company and what role they initially started in.

After about 10 minutes of debriefing, they then present a 10-12 page slideshow, detailing what Fidelity does as a company, how they have changed and how they compare to other financial companies. They go over salary (a range, contingent on experience), benefits (including health, dental, retirement and employee assistance programs), the recruiter then closes by asking if there are any additional questions, he was very transparent and did not hesitate to answer any questions.

Next, a senior representative comes in for some Q&A, this was our opportunity to find out what the reps in the position we were applying for what they did on a day to day basis, what to expect, the call volume, the atmosphere within the teams, the overall call structure and how we can be successful in our roles, if offered a position. He was very thorough and was upfront on the possible challenges we may come across, but was very optimistic and encouraging.

We are then greeted by two team managers who will be interviewing each individual, they were very inviting. The interview lasted about 40 minutes, with the standard packet of questions, the managers started by introducing their selves and giving a little background on how they began their career. The interview questions were pretty standard, from a packet, they picked about 5-6 questions and were really for answers that describe how you handled a particular situation.

I also got a tour of the work area, the cubicles are not your standard cubicle, it is nice and spread out but close enough where you still feel like you're apart of a team. The atmosphere overall was very inviting and the employees looked/seemed happy, they smile, said good morning, how are you and introduced themselves.

Interview Question – This isn't necessary the most difficult question, but one you may want to prepare yourself for...

Describe a time where you received coaching, what was it for, did you agree with it and what steps did you take to improve those areas?

How have you contributed to your team to encourage positivity?

Describe your top five strengths (from StrengthFInder) and how have you used them to best help clients.
  Answer Question

Englewood, CO (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in September 2012.

Interview Details First interview on phone was pretty easy. Then they take a group of 15-20 interviewees together and give them a tour of the office and a presentation on the company, then each candidate is called one by one to have a private interview with two HR employees of the company. After the interview, the candidates are taken to the same room to complete an aptitude test.

Interview Question – I hadn't had much sales or customer service experience, so when they asked about some examples for those I was kinda screwed. Other than those, I probably would've done better and been in the running for a position.   Answer Question

Jacksonville, FL (US)

I applied through another source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in March 2010.

Interview Details I was contacted about having a phone interview, then after that I went on site for a interview. We met in a group for the first hour and they told us about the company and then we split off and were interviewed.

Westlake, TX (US)

I interviewed at Fidelity Investments in June 2014.

Interview Details First contacted by a recruiter, about 20 minutes of surface questions and hearing about the job. Next is a more intense hour long interview with another recruiter. I am out of state so my third interview was an hour long, phone based one with two managers at the site.

Interview Question – Have you ever received feedback you didn't agree with?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I haven't actually got any feedback yet, my final interview was today.

Interviewed at Fidelity Investments

Interview Details Initial phone interview asks about your background experience etc.

Then face to face interview continues to ask about your background and why you fit this role.

Usually get a call back within a few days asking for a follow up interview, which in most cases means you are being offered the position.

Interview Question – what would you recommend a client who is 65 and needs help servicing their IRA account   Answer Question

Westlake, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview Details Starts with phone interviews followed by on-site interview with 2 managers. Then the Watson-Glaser test. Following this, a follow up phone interview in some cases.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected. Questions are typical like tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer, what makes you a good fit, etc...   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No room for negotiation for this position.

Financial Services Representative

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in October 2012.

Interview Details Typical interview questions....name a time you went above and beyond for a customer? name a time you took control and exemplified leadership? name a time you had a conflict with a co worker and how you resolved it.

Negotiation Details – no negotiation, base is stated to be 35k with incentives to pass 7 and 63 stated at $2500.

Interviewed at Fidelity Investments

Interview Details Lots of behavior-based questions and you should always be prepared with several specific examples that tie to the basic behaviors/values that are identified in the job posting. Fidelity hires for potential, not necessarily for what you have right now. If you don't have at least a Bachelor's degree, it will be very hard to move anywhere within the company.

Interview Question – nothing really out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview Details Give and example of a time when you gave an exceptional customer service experience?
Tell us about a time when you worked in a group/team?
How have you handled a bad customer experience and what was the out come

Worked for Fidelity Investments? Contribute to the Community!