Fidelity Investments

Getting the Interview

81 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Merrimack, NH (US)

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in March 2014.

Interview Details You go through 2 phone interviews with 2 separate recruiters. The first is just a simple phone screening, and the second is more of a behavioral interview. After this, you get moved on to where you go to the office you are applying at and you go through a 4 hour session consisting of a presentations on Fidelity, tour of the facility, a face-to-face interview with 2 hiring managers, and a critical thinking assessment. Keep in mind this 4 hour interview is a group of 10-15 candidates so do everything you can to stick out, ask questions, and be outgoing!

Interview Question – Typical behavioral interview questions. The tougher questions are in the face-to-face interview. Nothing specific was tough just know a lot about the company, how you'll succeed in job, your leadership skills, team working skills, etc. Basic interview knowledge to be prepared with.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I declined because I had an offer from another firm that fit my personal goals and current situation better. Would work for this company any other time. Excellent company, excellent benefits, and excellent opportunity available to anyone that succeeds!

Jacksonville, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in January 2010.

Interview Details Applied online, got phone interview, got onsite interview, got offer 2 days later. Interview was conducted by middle management who seemed really important at the time, but I now make more than both of them and know more about finance than both of them after 3 years, so don't be intimidated.

Interview Question – Straight forward interview, no tricks.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable. Starting salary is $35k unless you have experience, but don't let that deter you because by year two I cleared $55k and year 3 I hit $70k. Lots of OT and bonuses. Bonuses are driven by customer surveys, not any type of commissions or sales tactics so they are pretty reliable.

Westlake, TX (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in March 2014.

Interview Details First you get a phone call stating basic job description and pay then you get another phone call where they do a screening on you. if you pass that you get a phone interview for about an hour where they ask alot of behavioral based questions. if you pass this then they invite you for a face to face interview. this interview consists of a 30 minute powerpoint presentation of the company and the career opportunities within it, then you get a tour of the facility with 2 of the current financial representatives. they then call your name out and you go with 2 managers where they interview you. the questions asked in this were pretty much exactly the same as the ones asked in phone interview. the key to do well here is answer with detailed specific examples and explain thoroughly without answering around the question. after this interview you have to take a critical thinking test for about 30 mins- an hour (you get as much time as you need). I got a call 3 days later with a job offer. the overall process was great, my recruiter was more my advocate and answered all my questions thoroughly and guided me through the process.

Interview Question – just the usual behavioral questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation.

Interviewed at Fidelity Investments

Interview Details I took part in a Fidelity Networking Event. We sat for a presentation, then met many of the firm's current employees. We had the chance to speak with each of them for a few minutes. Overall, it was an interesting and informative process. It was kind of like speed dating.

Interview Question – It was more of a chance for them to meet you and decide whether to proceed with you as an applicant.   Answer Question

Covington, KY (US)

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview Details Was contacted by recruiter, who I then had a phone interview with. I then went to a group interview where we took a tour and sat through and informational session. We then split of into individual interviews and then took a critical think test. I was contacted within a week.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary. A lot of customer service questions.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Fidelity Investments

Interview Details asked a bunch of behavioral questions. 2 phone interviews and a final in-person interview

Interview Question – What is excellent customer service?   Answer Question

Salt Lake City, UT (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in December 2012.

Interview Details I applied through Glassdoor and received a phone interview a few days later. After interviewing on the phone, I was told how to prepare for an in-person behavioral interview a month or two later. Since I was applying for a position across the country, I flew myself out to interview on my own dime. There, I was interviewed by two managers, one of which was my future manager. I took a test after the interview and received a job offer the next day.

Interview Question – How will you handle living far away from your family and friends? Will this cause personal problems for you?   Answer Question

Financial Representative

I applied online and interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview Details 1) Phone call to set up a phone interview. 2) Phone interview that had basic behavior questions and they told you about the job. 3) In person interview with 2 senior account specialist. Pretty easy interview process.

Interview Question – What process and daily goals will you set in place in order to pass the series 7 & 63?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Better offer somewhere else.

Interviewed at Fidelity Investments

Interview Details they really want to see if you can hold a conversation and if you can pass the series 7 test

Interview Question – they want a lot of examples for every question   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Financial Representative

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview Details Two phone interviews. First one is around 20 minutes and the second is around an hour. Then they will call you in for an in person interview with two managers

Interview Question – explain a time when you received exceptional customer service   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Fidelity Investments

Worked for Fidelity Investments? Contribute to the Community!

Fidelity Investments Videos

Fidelity Investments – Why Work for Us?

Fidelity Investments has a rich and proud history and has grown to become a leading provider of a wide range of services, including investment management, retirement planning, brokerage, and human resources and benefits… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fidelity Investments Financial Representative interview questions and advice. All 81 interview reviews posted anonymously by Fidelity Investments employees and interview candidates.