Fidelity Investments

Updated 22 Feb, 2015
Updated 22 Feb, 2015

2.9

Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL (US)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

I applied through their website. About a week later a screening phone call from them a week later giving a better explanation of the position and confirming my interest. I then had a phone interview about 2 weeks later. At the conclusion of the phone interview I was advised I would be brought in for a face to face interview with two managers. I came in with two other candidates. We all were given a presentation about the company and then broke out with two designated managers. After the interview with managers an aptitude test was given to all candidates. I was called about two weeks later and advised I would be extended an offer.

Interview Questions
  • Provide an example of when you exhibited or received extraordinary customer service. Explain why you think it was extraordinary.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Fidelity Investments

Financial Representative Interview

Called after a couple weeks to explain the position and get a feel for who you are. Second interview was behavioral questions. Took three months after the second to have final interview. Two managers interview you. Interview process can feel like you are being patronized.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult just need to be clear and concise.   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

I applied online and got a call about 2 weeks later. Set up a phone screen a few days later. Educated me about the company and what the position is all about. Be ready to be on the phone 90-100 percent of the time during your employment..... I was not up to this type of work.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work in the financial services industry?

Give me an example when you went above and beyond in customer service.

Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

The people seemed to really enjoy working for the company. They were very knowledgable on the training process as well as the advancement and promotion process. they made me excited about the company and made their training program seem awesome

Interview Questions
    • Slight Role play scenario, asking what I would do in situation with disgruntled customer.   Answer Question
    They did not seem to be open to negotiations

Financial Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

The hiring and interview process was generally pleasant and quick. Everyone I met was extremely kind and genuinely interested in learning about me and my experiences, and they're very open to any and all educational/professional backgrounds.

Interview Questions
    • I was surprised to be asked more questions based on my education than my previous professional experience.   Answer Question
    There's no negotiation.

Financial Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

The interview started with a group presentation featuring a PowerPoint presentation followed by an informal Q&A with a current employee in the same role I was interviewing for. Then, pairs of managers came in to escort interviewees to smaller rooms for a 2-1 interview. The interview consisted of 5+ questions all related to customer service and handling difficult customers, focusing on first-hand experience answers. After, the managers told me a recruiter would be in touch in a few days. Finally, I was directed to a conference room to complete a logic assessment with other interviewees. I was contacted the following day by the recruiter and offered the job. She also provided positive feedback about my interview.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time you had to handle a difficult customer or coworker.   Answer Question
    No ability to negotiate.

Financial Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

1. Initial screening call (laying out job description, hours, benefits, the basics) 2. Hour long behavioral interview (Tell me what your loved about your last job, tell me about a time when you displayed excellent customer service, tell me about a time you had a conversation with someone that led to a solution, give me an important characteristic of teamwork, and an example that demonstrates that quality). 3. In person interview (presentation to group of candidates, tour, one-on-one interview with two hiring managers where they essentially ask same questions as phone interview--the only extra questions I remember were how would you handle a tough customer, and what do you foresee being your biggest challenge transitioning into this role and then finally a easy cognitive test).

Interview Questions
    • What do you think will be your biggest challenge in this new role?   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Financial Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Fidelity Investments in December 2014.

I had 3 interviews. The first was a very basic phone interview asking what I knew about the company and why did I want to work for Fidelity. I enjoy investing and helping people and this is exactly what they wanted to hear. I was next scheduled for a 30 minute phone interview where I was warned that the majority of the questions would be behavioral and was given the advice to practice.

Next I had the 30 minute phone interview. I found it challenging because I was asked to give specific example after example of times I gathered information from a customer and helped them get exactly what they wanted even though it was different from what they first thought they wanted.

I was asked to recommend a restaurant to an out of town guest. I live in Cincinnati and recommended a very famous restaurant on the river named Montgomery Inn. I went into extensive detail about the history of the restaurant and the variety of food. I was then told I failed this question because I should of first asked the out of town guest what type of food and dining were they looking to experience. I was told overall I did good but keep in mind for the next interview Fidelity is all about the customer expierence and remember to site examples of when you gave the customer the opportunity to ask questions and listen before offering guidance.

For the 3rd interview I was brought onsite to Fidelity. The first hour was dedicated to a group presentation selling us on the Fidelity philosophy. It was even to agree with their philosophy of every decision is based on if only these 3 things are achieved. It must be good for the customer, the business and the employee. If one of those is missing we don't do it.

I was then interviewed by 2 employees for the next hour. They asked for a lot of examples of where I pulled a rabbit out of the hat in stressful situations with customers and coworkers. I was very practiced and prepared and gave example after example.

Side Note: I was offered the job and accepted. I was hired at the end of December and the job was to start at the end of Feb. I I passed a background check and a drug test. I was also told to schedule for fingerprinting. I had some difficulty scheduling the finger printing because I had already taken off work to do the interview. I was planning on doing the finger printing a couple weeks before the job started but I received and email in the middle of Jan that because I took so long to schedule fingerprinting I had fallen out of compliance and the offer was being taken away.

My only advice to the company is that they should have communicated a specific date that fingerprinting needed to be completed. I did drag my feet on the finger printing but was never given an indication it would cost me the position by not having completed by a certain date.

Interview Questions
    • When did you help someone who they wanted one thing but it turned out they were really asking for something different?   Answer Question
    Get your fingerprinting and drug test done immediately.

Financial Representative Interview

This really depends who the branch manager is. My was definitely challenging because I knew relatively nothing about Investments, I just had an interest. At the end of the day, they want to make sure you're a hard worker, team oriented, friendly, care about helping clients, and learning about the industry.

Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in November 2014.

There was an initial phone screening with a recruiter in which they went over my resume and then some situational questions. I passed that and was invited to another interview at the regional center (where you would be working) along with around 10 other candidates. We were all lead into a presentation room where they go over the company, benefits, etc., as well as introduce other people that play integral roles in the facility. They make it clear that this is a PHONE BASED JOB. We got a quick facility tour and then after the presentation we broke off individually to interview with two managers. The interview was pretty standard as far as questions go (situational, much like the phone interview), but it was a really relaxed environment and the two people I interviewed with were really nice.

Some tips (which you will probably see in many of these interview reviews):
    - Be enthusiastic; ask questions
    - Be yourself; be honest
    - KNOW that this will be a phone based job; you have to be okay with that
    - The salary is NON-NEGOTIABLE for entry-level, non-registered representatives (they will train you)

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you received coaching from a manager; how did you take it?   View Answer

I got a better offer with a different company; different industry as well.
    This company was a VERY strong contender.