Federal Government Interview Questions

Updated 21 Apr, 2015

2.9

Policy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at Federal Government (Ottawa, ON) in March 2012.

Interview

written exam including substantive and situational questions. same for the interview. references followed

AS2 Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Federal Government (Ottawa, ON) in May 2010.

Interview

The interview was extremely long, the testing wasn't really relevant to the job itself. They did have some very good questions and they seem to appreciate my experience. They also were very helpful of answering the questions that I was bringing to the table

Interview Questions

• The interviewer got off topic and we were interrupted by a fire drill   Answer Question

Manager Financial Systems Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Federal Government (Ottawa, ON) in January 2010.

Interview

Applied in response to a Job Poster
    Wrote a test
    Appeared for an interview
    Was not selected due to lack of experience in areas other than Systems.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example where you showed team player   1 Answer

Civil Servant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Federal Government.

Interview

long and drawn out process. Alot of the questions asked are about your background and how it applies to the job in the federal gov. standard sort of thing. but the qualifications they seem to want have little to do with the actual work you'll do.

Interview Questions

• background mostly and how it applies to working in an office   Answer Question

Secretary (OA) Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Federal Government in March 2015.

Interview

Timely process. Submitted my package around the end of Jan 2015. Notified by mail probably 2-3 wks later that my package had been received. March 2015 I was notified by email for an interview the following day. Upon entrance noticed two individuals that would conduct the interview. They proceeded to introduce themselves followed by a description of the job for which I was interviewing. Following the description they proceeded to ask question from a 3-4 page packet, alternating after each question. Concluding questions asked, I had the opportunity to ask questions as well. Tentative offer the same day (background check ect..) Formal offer 2 wks later.

Interview Questions

• Scenario based. Customer service "how would you...?" "Tell me a time when...." Nothing difficult.   Answer Question

Criminal Investigator Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Federal Government.

Interview

The interview process consist of questions asked by senior federal agents and management. The interview questions can't be disclosed as we all had to sign a agreement stating that we would not talk about the questions.

Federal Investigator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI (US)

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Federal Government (Madison, WI (US)).

Interview

Experience in problem resolution, confident, verbal, intelligent, knowledge of the rules of how the games are played and how to work with them and when to challenge them. Ability to edit form that are to be submitted to the public, eg: in error message above "atleast" should be "at least".

Interview Questions

• Why would I want to work here?   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Interview

It was a long process between submitting application, communcication on status, interview and hiring. Five person interview team with each person asking a different question in succession. Technical and EEO participants.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

long

Interview

In accordance with 5 CFR 338, this site contains policy established by the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) for General Schedule (GS) (or equivalent) white collar occupations in the Federal Government. This information is primarily for Federal agencies that need to determine whether applicants meet the minimum requirements for the positions being filled.
    Qualification standards are intended to identify applicants who are likely to perform successfully on the job, and to screen out those who are unlikely to do so. The standards are not designed to rank candidates, identify the best qualified applicants for particular positions, or otherwise substitute for a careful analysis of the applicant's knowledge, skills, and abilities.
    You may locate specific topics regarding qualifications policy by clicking on "General Policies" in the second tab. "General Policies" contain the following information

Policy Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Federal Government.

Interview

I applied for an internship on usajobs.gov. I was called in for an interview. The process included having to hand-write write a timed essay. I later met with two senior officials. I was made an offer on the spot.

Interview Questions

• How do you prioritize your work? Describe how you procrastinate, because we all do it.   1 Answer