Federal Government Interview Questions & Reviews

91 interviews

2.8

AS2 Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON

I interviewed online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Federal Government in May 2010.

The interview was extremely long, the testing wasn't really relevant to the job itself. They did have some very good questions and they seem to appreciate my experience. They also were very helpful of answering the questions that I was bringing to the table

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer got off topic and we were interrupted by a fire drill   Answer Question

Policy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON

I interviewed through other source. The process took 8 months - interviewed at Federal Government in March 2012.

written exam including substantive and situational questions. same for the interview. references followed

Manager Financial Systems Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Federal Government in January 2010.

Applied in response to a Job Poster
    Wrote a test
    Appeared for an interview
    Was not selected due to lack of experience in areas other than Systems.

Interview Questions
    • Give us an example where you showed team player   View Answer

Material Management Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Federal Government.

HIRED THORUGH RECRUITER, ASKEN QUESTIONS ON BACKGROUND, DRUG USE, WHAT TYPE OF JOB LOOKING FOR.We're committed to protecting our community from fraudulent submissions that might affect our ratings and reviews.

GOT ORDERS

Senior Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arlington, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 7 months - interviewed at Federal Government in April 2014.

Panel interview provided insight on role and function of the organization. Discussed organizational structure and relationship. I was asked what I knew of the organization specifically any recent actiies etc. Worked off a specific list of questions for me to answer. Then allowed me time to ask questions that I had.

None

Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

I interviewed online - interviewed at Federal Government in July 2010.

A successful phone screening is followed by an in person panel interview.. Questions geared to learn how a candidate might react or respond to on the job circumstances and challenges. Also to access skills for interpreting and applying complex policies and procedure and being able to explain to internal and external customers.

Interview Questions
    • Being asked how you would deal with a specific hypothetical issue or situation can be very tricky if one you have not had that exact experience.   View Answer
    • Some questions are role playing with specific questions about a specific complex and technical question. You are asked to provide an answer, citing agency verbiage that supports your answer.   View Answer
    • Having considered computers, software, and programming as being "technical", it took me aback when it was used in terms that dealt with questions that were geared toward how to answer or handle customer oriented issues. In government agencies. there are many policies and procedures that impact the lives, livelihood, and safety of the public being served.   View Answer
    Federal Government employment, salaries are based based on prior experience detailed in the resume and the supplemental questionnaire, This must be supported in your resume and supplemental questionnaire. Your resume must demonstrate accomplishments and the percentage of time savings and or monetary savings realized by the your job, department, and or agency as a result your accomplishments. Mentioning awards received helps support your claim.

Web Manager Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Federal Government.

Wouldn't try unless you're a U.S. military veteran. I have zero colleagues who got hired who are not vets. Process is straightforward. Of the vets the highest qualified is hired. All things being equal the highest qualified with what's perceived as a good personality is hired. So stay upbeat and positive during interview.

Interview Questions
    • No surprises. All questions are canned: "Tell me a time when ...." Make sure you resume answers all questions because typically specific skill-related questions are not asked. It's presumed you're qualified if you get an interview.   Answer Question
    Based on salary history. If you're a fed transfering there is little negotiation. If you're coming from the outside you might be able to negotiate a few steps, but not grades. Also, do not negotiate work/life until you're on board. Generally, work/life is excellent, so bringing it up during the interview or offer period might impact you getting the job. Or at the very least leave a bad taste in the hiring official's mouht.

Manager Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Federal Government.

The hiring process varies depending on which federal agency or department you work for--and if you have prior government or military experience. USA JOBS the portal / website where all federal opportunities are posted. Although specific organizations also post jobs on their specific websites. Be aware of the window for the application. And also note your application is flagged if either you are too senior or too junior for a position.

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Federal Government.

Very grueling. The interview was short and sweet. the initial paperwork and battery of tests took about 8+ hours per day for 3-4 days. Then you get sworn in and issued a badge. Back ground check took weeks. classroom training took about a week and on the job training took several months. Then you get to bid as the lowest seniority person for a shift (Maybe only part time) , and for your days off and work area.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or unexpected question in the interview.   View Answer
    no. Everything is regulated by the Government, and written in stone.

Loan Officer/Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Citrus Heights, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Citrus Heights, CA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Federal Government in December 2012.

The interview was very easy. As long as your resume is exactly what they are looking for. They screen your resume for experience first and If they like what they see you shall receive a phone call for a one on one interview to make sure you truely are qualified for this position. usually they tend to hire around tornado seasons.

Interview Questions
    • Do not have any school debt that is in default nor any other federal debt that is in default or you will not be considered for any of these positions.   Answer Question
    There was negotiations based on what ranking you would hold. Which would be a gs-9 or Gs-11.

Worked for Federal Government? Contribute to the Community!