FedEx

Updated 2 Mar, 2015
Updated 2 Mar, 2015

2.9

Territory Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FedEx in June 2014.

Started with a telephone interview with HR, then a few days later I had an interview with the hiring manager. It was a standard interview nothing too complicated. I enjoyed the hiring managers interview as I felt the questions were job function related. The HR team questions were very generic.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked a lot of questions regarding my knowledge of their business and competitors.   Answer Question

I received a better offer just 1 day after the last interview.

Operations Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at FedEx.

Behavioral based questions will be asked

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you had to make a decision in the absence of a Manager and why you took it?   Answer Question

Courier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saskatoon, SK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saskatoon, SK

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at FedEx in August 2013.

1. After submitting an online resume and cover letter you will likely get a phone call that will include a short over the phone pre-interview.

2. If successful you will receive an in-person interview and you will be asked to bring a high-school transcript and a recently obtained record of your driving (transcript).

3. If you are still successful, you will be asked to take a driving test, much like you do for a regular driving license. This will typically be in a car, not a FedEx Van. At the same time you need to go online and give FedEx the OK to do a background check.

4. If you are hired, you will be on a 6-month probationary period.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral: Describe a situation where you had to deal with a difficult customer and did not do a very good job of satisfying their needs.   Answer Question
    No negotiation phase - you get a letter of offer and make accept or not.

Courier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, ON
    Anonymous Employee in Burlington, ON

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FedEx in March 2013.

Driving online test, 1 phone behavior on phone, drivers abstract, 1: 2 behavior with hiring manager

Interview Questions
    • What is worse day at work, and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Hospitality Parcel Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FedEx in October 2012.

Applied through the FedEx website for the position and answered the initial qualifying questions. Heard back from the Manager within the week via email to set up a phone interview. The phone interview took nearly 45 minutes and in that time we covered a lot including past employment, personality and performance pertaining to the job. The second interview was in person and with the same Manager that contacted me originally. The second face to face interview was 45 minutes long. Considering the job description and title was new to Canada the Manager felt the questions were not suited to interview and that their relevance had nothing to do with the job I would be doing if I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • Name a situation that you could have handled differently?   Answer Question

Call Center Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at FedEx in January 2011.

Applied online, Phone screening interview which lasted 5 mins.
    In person interview - computer test first then an interview with two manager for 20 mins. I was asked to job shadow with one of the rep for 10 mins. I came back into the room, they offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, I was looking for a pt job.

Swing Courier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leesburg, FL (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Leesburg, FL (US)

I applied online – interviewed at FedEx in February 2015.

Very detailed. I was asked 9 multiple-part questions and in each I was asked to give specific examples, all regarding previous experience that would translate to courier position. There were two managers asking the questions alternatively and the took notes the whole time.

Interview Questions
    • "Name an instance in a prior position in which you were required to follow procedures, list procedures and consequences if procedures were not followed, be specific"   Answer Question

Fed Ex Courier Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at FedEx.

Phone screen then phone interview then 30 minute in person interview with 2 people. I then went into another room and then i took a brief competency test. The overall process was fairly straight forward and nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions
    • Did you ever not get along with a coworker and what did you do to rectify the situation   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at FedEx.

Very unprofessional and asking me questions about everything that didnt pertain to the position, never felt like I was in a professional atmosphere. I recommend people to ask bold direct questions to anything you are concerned about or you could be walking into a bad situation.

Interview Questions
    • Ask me what my relationship was like with my girlfriend   Answer Question

not a company I wanted tow ork for or these people directly

Accountant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at FedEx.

Very simple. There was a phone interview then in person interview with 2 managers. They just wanted to know your experience and what can you bring to the table. There was no difficult behavioral questions. I got offered the following Monday. Went on interview on Friday.

Interview Questions
    • Do you work well with others and have you ever been in conflict with others and how did you resolve it ?   Answer Question
    No negotiation