FedEx Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 24, 2014
264 interviews

2.9

Call Center Agent Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at FedEx in January 2011.

Applied online, Phone screening interview which lasted 5 mins.
    In person interview - computer test first then an interview with two manager for 20 mins. I was asked to job shadow with one of the rep for 10 mins. I came back into the room, they offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, I was looking for a pt job.

Operations Supervisor Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at FedEx.

Behavioral based questions will be asked

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you had to make a decision in the absence of a Manager and why you took it?   Answer Question

Courier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saskatoon, SK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saskatoon, SK

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at FedEx in August 2013.

1. After submitting an online resume and cover letter you will likely get a phone call that will include a short over the phone pre-interview.

2. If successful you will receive an in-person interview and you will be asked to bring a high-school transcript and a recently obtained record of your driving (transcript).

3. If you are still successful, you will be asked to take a driving test, much like you do for a regular driving license. This will typically be in a car, not a FedEx Van. At the same time you need to go online and give FedEx the OK to do a background check.

4. If you are hired, you will be on a 6-month probationary period.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral: Describe a situation where you had to deal with a difficult customer and did not do a very good job of satisfying their needs.   Answer Question
    No negotiation phase - you get a letter of offer and make accept or not.

Courier Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Burlington, ON
    Anonymous Employee in Burlington, ON

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at FedEx in March 2013.

Driving online test, 1 phone behavior on phone, drivers abstract, 1: 2 behavior with hiring manager

Interview Questions
    • What is worse day at work, and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Hospitality Parcel Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FedEx in October 2012.

Applied through the FedEx website for the position and answered the initial qualifying questions. Heard back from the Manager within the week via email to set up a phone interview. The phone interview took nearly 45 minutes and in that time we covered a lot including past employment, personality and performance pertaining to the job. The second interview was in person and with the same Manager that contacted me originally. The second face to face interview was 45 minutes long. Considering the job description and title was new to Canada the Manager felt the questions were not suited to interview and that their relevance had nothing to do with the job I would be doing if I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • Name a situation that you could have handled differently?   Answer Question

Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Memphis, TN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at FedEx in July 2014.

There is no interview process. It was extremely easy and painless. All you have to do is pass your drug test and background check. It is almost impossible to not get the job.

Soft Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at FedEx in July 2014.

Interview went well. I had 3 rounds. First round was aptitude. Second one was Computer Test and it had some questions related with graph and pivot operations. Last was personal interview

Inside Sales Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Pittsburgh, PA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at FedEx.

Applied online and received a call for a phone interview 3 days later. Then went to the corporate office in Pittsburgh for an interview with 2 people. First given 30 minutes to prepare a presentation explaining why they should choose you and how you plan to succeed in this role. Then they read a series of questions from a booklet, all of which seemed to have the same answer. A lot of "tell us about a time when..." and they always wanted more and more details even when there weren't any. I found the whole process tedious and annoying and was counting the seconds until the interview would come to an end. After the interview it took 3 weeks before I heard anything back about the position.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to work with a difficult person? How did you handle it? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Senior Paralegal Interview

Casual interview. Very outgoing. Easy to talk to. Unfortunately this position required a certification and I do not have one. They assured me they would call back for a different position when available.

Business Sales Field Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at FedEx.

-Initial phone interview with screening agent to discuss basic background and credentials.

- Face to face panel interview with your manager and two other area managers. Panel interview consists of a 10-15 minute presentation on data either provided that day or two days prior. Followed by 6 behavioral questions and some general interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you encountered an aversion in the sales process, how did you deal with the aversion and what was the outcome.   View Answer
    Very slim margins for negotiation as an outside hire.

Worked for FedEx? Contribute to the Community!