Farmers Insurance Group Interview Questions

Updated 17 Oct, 2014
Updated 17 Oct, 2014

2.7

Sales Agency Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

They just email you a template informing you of an opportunity to participate in this Agency Ownership Program which is actually a MGM scheme instead of a real job opportunity. Beware.

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to invest in your future ? and goes to sell you an insurance package so you can start !   Answer Question

Liability Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in October 2014.

I applied online and did a test. I passed the test and then was interviewed by the recruiter and hiring manager over the phone. I have been interviewed twice on the behavioral based interviews. They said this position is entry level but they want a seasoned veteran so they can underpay. The behavioral based interview was difficult and I didn't pass it cause my examples were not specific enough. Keep in mind I was a former employee and I had worked there for a few years. Personally these types of interviews are pointless. Its claims not an analytical position. I can see why they are failing among their competitors.

Call Center Representative Interview

question and answer session different situations and how you handled them The interview was long and there were two people doing it together they both asked and made notes on your answers

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in September 2014.

The recruiter called to reschedule 25 minutes before the first appointment. During the phone screen, the first question from the Farmers recruiter was salary and I was told that it was policy that they have my current salary and my expectation to move forward. I withdrew from the process. She literally spent five minutes on salary and the phone call was 12 minutes. Are they doing salary surveys or screening for skill fit?

Interview Questions
    • "What is your current salary? If you do not tell me, we can not move forward with you in the process of interviewing."   View Answer

Marketing Interview

Typical interview all the way through. Three rounds of interviews: first on the phone, second with a manager, third at the office meeting all the employees. Process took about three weeks. One week for each part of the interview. They were quick to inform you about the next phase of the process, setup interviews via email.

Interview Questions
    • This was your standard interview questions such as, "Tell me a time when...", "What motivates you?" Nothing too difficult   Answer Question

Appraiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Laurel, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Laurel, NJ (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

The hiring process was very streamlined. From the time of my initial phone screening to the final offer was about 2.5 weeks. It's clear that this company knows what they are looking for, and will only advance you through the process if they feel you meet that criteria. I had no help with obtaining this position i.e. someone on the inside but being confident is key.

Interview Questions
    • Give an experience where you did not agree with a management decision. Now explain what you did and why.   Answer Question
    Negotiation is an art, some people have it down some people don't. I was able to negotiate a higher salary.

Insurance Agent Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in August 2014.

I submitted my Resume on line. I have years of sales experience in the OM (Original Manufacturing Environment. So why I was called for this line of work was a mystery to me. However, I decided to continue with the interview 1.) Out of curiosity 2.) to see what the requirements were going to be fr this position.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult was did I think was this a position that I would be interested in. The difficulty with that as I told them is I am still not clear why you think this a position for me to begin with and additionally I know nothing about insurance except my personal policies. And do you not need to go to school or something to sell insurance?   Answer Question

I do not feel that this is position that matches my back ground at all. Additionally I really want an office clerical position and not a inside or outside sales position.

Claims Trainee - Liability Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in August 2014.

Applied online July 26. I took Pre-Employement Assessment and Omnia Profile assessment online on August 8. The online assessments took two hours total for both. I completed telephone interview on August 25. The telephone interview lasted 30 minutes. After the telephone interview the recruiter sounded upbeat and told me that I did well. She said that she would be moving me along to the next step which was an in-person panel interview at the local office with the Branch Manager and two supervisors. She told me to expect a call or email within the next two to three days to schedule the appointment. She even told me to expect an offer on the higher end of the pay scale for the position because of my experience. The recruiter brought up the salary topic, not me. Three days later my Farmers MyJob page submission status was changed to "No longer under consideration". I also received a generic rejection email. If that's how they yank around their applicants I can only imagine how the company handles their employees or worse, their customers! The questions are only difficult if you have zero work experience resolving issues with difficult customers and/or co-workers and finding solutions to those issues.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a difficult customer you had to deal with. What was their issue and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Found a posting on local College job-board posting. Called them directly at the office and got an in person interview after a few days. Very nice people to work with. Office is located not too far from where I live, so a daily commute is no problem. Would love to grow with the company and help them reduce paper-work clutter.

Interview Questions
    • Some personal questions once on the job, but not worried about it, as most successful entrepreneurs get to mix business with fun.   Answer Question
    Very quick interview with the office manager. Had to explain my school schedule, but once they dropped my in person course due to low enrollment, I was able to work out a really good schedule with the office supervisor.

Agent Interview

accepted as a reserve agent and entered program once I demonstrated abilities and passion for the career
    I went through extensive training and licensing before I graduated to become an agent

Interview Questions
    • typical behavioral questions...what motivates you? what makes you a good candidate for this career?   Answer Question