Farmers Insurance Group Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014
Updated Sep 15, 2014

2.7

Sales Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in May 2014.

The initial contact was really easy. The rep contacted me via email and then progressed to a phone interview that let to a 1:1 interview. It didn't feel very open ended with the usual "We'll call you if interested" sort of feel, I was always told exactly what the next step was and when I would be contacted.

Interview Questions
    • What is your total amount available in liquid assets?   View Answer

Compensation is not where I needed it to be.

Claims Trainee - Liability Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in August 2014.

Applied online July 26. I took Pre-Employement Assessment and Omnia Profile assessment online on August 8. The online assessments took two hours total for both. I completed telephone interview on August 25. The telephone interview lasted 30 minutes. After the telephone interview the recruiter sounded upbeat and told me that I did well. She said that she would be moving me along to the next step which was an in-person panel interview at the local office with the Branch Manager and two supervisors. She told me to expect a call or email within the next two to three days to schedule the appointment. She even told me to expect an offer on the higher end of the pay scale for the position because of my experience. The recruiter brought up the salary topic, not me. Three days later my Farmers MyJob page submission status was changed to "No longer under consideration". I also received a generic rejection email. If that's how they yank around their applicants I can only imagine how the company handles their employees or worse, their customers! The questions are only difficult if you have zero work experience resolving issues with difficult customers and/or co-workers and finding solutions to those issues.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a difficult customer you had to deal with. What was their issue and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Insurance Agent Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in August 2014.

I submitted my Resume on line. I have years of sales experience in the OM (Original Manufacturing Environment. So why I was called for this line of work was a mystery to me. However, I decided to continue with the interview 1.) Out of curiosity 2.) to see what the requirements were going to be fr this position.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult was did I think was this a position that I would be interested in. The difficulty with that as I told them is I am still not clear why you think this a position for me to begin with and additionally I know nothing about insurance except my personal policies. And do you not need to go to school or something to sell insurance?   Answer Question

I do not feel that this is position that matches my back ground at all. Additionally I really want an office clerical position and not a inside or outside sales position.

Marketing Interview

Typical interview all the way through. Three rounds of interviews: first on the phone, second with a manager, third at the office meeting all the employees. Process took about three weeks. One week for each part of the interview. They were quick to inform you about the next phase of the process, setup interviews via email.

Interview Questions
    • This was your standard interview questions such as, "Tell me a time when...", "What motivates you?" Nothing too difficult   Answer Question

Appraiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mount Laurel, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Laurel, NJ (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

The hiring process was very streamlined. From the time of my initial phone screening to the final offer was about 2.5 weeks. It's clear that this company knows what they are looking for, and will only advance you through the process if they feel you meet that criteria. I had no help with obtaining this position i.e. someone on the inside but being confident is key.

Interview Questions
    • Give an experience where you did not agree with a management decision. Now explain what you did and why.   Answer Question
    Negotiation is an art, some people have it down some people don't. I was able to negotiate a higher salary.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oklahoma City, OK (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in March 2011.

very detailed and extensive, was a rather long process to interview, from role playing and group excercises to detailed profiling and IQ level testing as well as pressure situations use to determine your able to effectively handle high stress and multitasking priorities.

Interview Questions
    • questions and excercises used to determine honesty, character, and comprehension colleagic level academic and analytic testing.   Answer Question

Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Emeryville, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in April 2014.

In person interview, computerized application, background check, total of 92 hours online course, exams, wait to be licensed, company training, reserve contact, sell 40 P&C and 4 Life policies, and then you get your official career agent contract.

Interview Questions
    • they ask you what are your past experiences, what sales experience do you have, what are you looking for in a career?   Answer Question

CSA Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in June 2010.

I applied online, received a with a day or two call and did a phone interview on the spot and after the phone interview they immediately let you know of the next phase for a f2f interview. For f2f interview I was interviewed by two managers.

Interview Questions
    • The interview process has changed but when the managers used to interview candidates, the questions were scenario/situation based. For example, "tell me about a time when you had to go above and beyond your call of duty to assist a customer?'   Answer Question
    Non-negotiable

Marketing Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Found a posting on local College job-board posting. Called them directly at the office and got an in person interview after a few days. Very nice people to work with. Office is located not too far from where I live, so a daily commute is no problem. Would love to grow with the company and help them reduce paper-work clutter.

Interview Questions
    • Some personal questions once on the job, but not worried about it, as most successful entrepreneurs get to mix business with fun.   Answer Question
    Very quick interview with the office manager. Had to explain my school schedule, but once they dropped my in person course due to low enrollment, I was able to work out a really good schedule with the office supervisor.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Olathe, KS (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in February 2014.

Applied online. Heard back from human resources a couple weeks later for some skill tests, including typing and multi-tasking. Received an email that I passed that portion and they would like to do a phone interview with me. Went through the phone interview and was selected to do an on site interview with two supervisors.

Interview Questions
    • All behavior based questions, no "trick questions".   View Answer
    No negotiation, accepted job as is.

Worked for Farmers Insurance Group? Contribute to the Community!