Farmers Insurance Group

Very Easy Interview

Insurance Agent Interview

Insurance Agent
Emeryville, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in April 2014.

Interview Details In person interview, computerized application, background check, total of 92 hours online course, exams, wait to be licensed, company training, reserve contact, sell 40 P&C and 4 Life policies, and then you get your official career agent contract.

Interview Question – they ask you what are your past experiences, what sales experience do you have, what are you looking for in a career?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Marketing

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview Details Found a posting on local College job-board posting. Called them directly at the office and got an in person interview after a few days. Very nice people to work with. Office is located not too far from where I live, so a daily commute is no problem. Would love to grow with the company and help them reduce paper-work clutter.

Interview Question – Some personal questions once on the job, but not worried about it, as most successful entrepreneurs get to mix business with fun.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very quick interview with the office manager. Had to explain my school schedule, but once they dropped my in person course due to low enrollment, I was able to work out a really good schedule with the office supervisor.

Very Easy Interview

CSA Interview

CSA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in June 2010.

Interview Details I applied online, received a with a day or two call and did a phone interview on the spot and after the phone interview they immediately let you know of the next phase for a f2f interview. For f2f interview I was interviewed by two managers.

Interview Question – The interview process has changed but when the managers used to interview candidates, the questions were scenario/situation based. For example, "tell me about a time when you had to go above and beyond your call of duty to assist a customer?'   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable

Summer Interview

Summer
Olathe, KS (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in February 2014.

Interview Details Applied online. Heard back from human resources a couple weeks later for some skill tests, including typing and multi-tasking. Received an email that I passed that portion and they would like to do a phone interview with me. Went through the phone interview and was selected to do an on site interview with two supervisors.

Interview Question – All behavior based questions, no "trick questions".   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, accepted job as is.

Accounting Associate Interview

Accounting Associate
Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in June 2014.

Interview Details Did not really go through HR.
1) Phone interview with supervisor - asked me to elaborate my resume (mostly walking through what I know in terms of skills and experience) and wanted me to come in for an office interview. Felt like he puts some emphasis on Excel. So I brushed up my Excel skills in case I might be tested when I visit the office, but no questions about Excel was asked.
2) Office interview - the same supervisor who called me + another associate interviewed me. 2 on 1. 100% behavioral questions (what kind of boss do you prefer to work it? what is the most difficult decision you had to make? tell me about your brainstorming experience recently?) Expect about ~20 questions like that. My advice to you is prep prep rep and practice.
3) After talking to them I was handed a work prioritization paper. You have to prioritize the tasks and explain why (all in writing)
4) Was directed to another manager's office. More behavioral questions and 3 mental math problems. Asked for GPA.
5) Then finished the interview with a test on the computer. Not a technical test, just challenge your ability and thinking process on how to infer, deduce, assume, and conclude. You don't need any knowledge of accounting or Excel or job-related to do this test.

I got a call 5 days later and the supervisor informed me that I was one of the top candidates. I needed to email my transcript to them. 2 days after that HR called and said they'd like to extend the offer to me.

Very normal interview experience. I personally thought I bombed it, however.

Interview Question – You are at a meeting and have to calculate some math in your head......(and gave 3 scenarios which require you to do the mental calculations)   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Did not have any discussion about salary. Farmers pay better than its competitor. You'll be happy with what they offer.

Agent Interview

Agent

Interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group

Interview Details accepted as a reserve agent and entered program once I demonstrated abilities and passion for the career
I went through extensive training and licensing before I graduated to become an agent

Interview Question – typical behavioral questions...what motivates you? what makes you a good candidate for this career?   Answer Question

Regional Recruiting Manager Interview

Regional Recruiting Manager

I applied online and interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview Details So far, my experiences with the team at Farmers Insurance at one of the Minnesota offices has been fantastic. As soon as I went in to the office, I felt a feeling of welcoming and belonging in the environment. The office really did seem like a very positive and upbeat culture. I will say the only con is that I was not initially contacted about my application until about two weeks after I had applied.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions, but I also have several years experience as a recruiter. I thought the interview was very direct, which I loved.   Answer Question

Farmers Insurance Agent Interview

Farmers Insurance Agent

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview Details The initial interview was very basic. They would get an idea about your personality through this interview and explain what the career path would be. The next interview would be after the background check. That basically explains what steps are needed to be completed to get your license, the type of commitment you have to put to be successful.

Interview Question – there were no difficult questions, it was a basic interview   Answer Question

INSURANCE AGENCY OWNER Interview

INSURANCE AGENCY OWNER
Portland, OR (US)

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in June 2014.

Interview Details A recruiter found my resume and preformed an initial phone screening. The next process was a face-to-face interveiw. The face to face seemed more about convincing the applicant to take the position.

Interview Question – What is your experience in sales?   Answer Question

Office Claims Representative/Auto Liability Adjuster Interview

Office Claims Representative/Auto Liability Adjuster
Grand Rapids, MI (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in February 2014.

Interview Details I first applied online, and I recieved a call the next day and was asked to complete some tests online. I took the tests, split them into 2 days and submitted. The day after I submitted all of the tests, I recieved a call and took a phone interview. They wanted me to come in for an in person interview that week, but I had to schedule something for the following week to work with my schedule. I was supposed to have a group interview, but I was the only one there and sat with a panel of 5 managers. They took turns asking me questions. After the interview, I went out on the floor and sat with an employee for about 45 minutes and got to see her on the job and ask any questions. I was also asked to write down any vacation time I would need off at that time. I believe my interview was on a Thursday, and the following Monday was a holliday, I recieved a call for an offer on Tuesday. The whole process went fairly quickly.

Interview Question – I can't recall any questions that stook out as being difficult to answer, they seemed to be the usual interview questions. Questions about how you manage your time, how you handle conflict or deal with upset customers, can you multi task, what are your strengths and weakensses, in your last job what would your manager say you did really well and also what you can improve on, describe 3 characteristics about yourself.   Answer Question

Worked for Farmers Insurance Group? Contribute to the Community!