Farmers Insurance Group

Updated 23 Feb, 2015
Updated 23 Feb, 2015

2.6

Insurance Agent Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Meet with the recruiters and had a brief interview. She went over the process to become an agent. Was introduce to some office personnel and had an office tour.

Interview Questions

It wasn't something I thought I would enjoy doing based on my past experience.

Insurance Agent Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Its a three part process with three interviews in person after a brief phone questionnaire. The initial interview was more like a sales pitch of a the company than an interview of me. I felt like I was being sold beach front property in the FL everglades. It is a commission only position till you have 44 sales and then the base pay is $2500 a month with a 25 sale per month expectation. The interviewer went on and on about the other people she had interviewed in the past for this position including an Olympic athlete...no mention of this actually being a current employee.

Insurance Agent Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Basic interview process with background check. Contacted by recruiter, took an aptitude test, then interviewed. Ultimately, you need to be licensed in P&C and Life & health and complete the one month long training program which you aren't paid for.

Liability Claims Representative Interview

Great...so far..hopefully.. I'll get a second interview! The person was very friendly & helpful through out the process. Talk slow & make you take your time while listening to the question.

Interview Questions
    • How did u resolve conflict with a manager ? Give examples, that show your examples ?   View Answer

Farmers Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in February 2015.

I was a bit hesitant interviewing with another Insurance agency but was impressed by the clean, professional manner in which the interview took place. It wasn't the sales pitch I was expecting. I was able to ask, and was given informed answers on, multiple questions on the position and structure of the company.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were pretty generic...."So, tell me about yourself..." etc.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Rosa, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Santa Rosa, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in February 2015.

I went in 3 times, and passed the first two. The third time they gave me a list of 10 people to call. I called all and got even one person to go through a interview for their sales agent position. They were terribly disorganized. They never sent me a email to confirm the interview. They called me up 10 min before my third interview told me thr DM was sick (I got ready and drove their for no nothing.) And they told me they would call me back after the third interview to tell me the outcome but never did...go figure. This Santa Rosa office doe have their stuff together and the DM, is a snake.

Interview Questions
    • None, all they did is want to talk to me.   View Answer

Insurance Agent Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

The Reserve Field Manager was very persuading but not honest during the interview leaving many aspects out or providing untruthful information.
    Most of the information provided applied to experienced Agents.
    No note of the financial resources needed.

Interview Questions
    • None. The interviewer is paid based on the number of interviews.   Answer Question
    Be ready to invest money. Not a job.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valparaiso, IN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valparaiso, IN (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in February 2015.

I emailed him my resume then he contacted me via phone. Gave me a call and had a phone interview. Then we scheduled an office interview. Did background check and now going back to discuss pay benefits and schedule.

Actuarial Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

FIrst, I just dropped off my resume in a career fair and then a week or so I got a phone call. I was called up for a phone interview and then proceeded to an in-person interview.

Interview Questions
    • A technical question from the FM exam. It was actually really simple after taking the exam.   Answer Question

Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lynnwood, WA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Lynnwood, WA (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

I moved up to Washington State after completing my bachelor's degree and needed to get on the job grind quick, so I quick applied to over 50 companies on CareerBuilder in hopes for some possible employment. To my surprise, I was receiving countless phone calls, emails, and voicemails regarding possible positions for my "excellent" resume. Farmers got me first or second, so I decided to try my luck. One of the business consultants called me in for an interview for what I didnt even know I would be interviewing for at the time, so I was a bit on edge. Turns out it was to be an entry level agent and start my own business. Yeah right. They were going to make me fork out all this money to get licensed and said I needed to sell under the gun pretty much 40 car insurance and 4 housing insurance before I even received any sort of base pay as to not "embarass the company" if I were to be out on the payroll. Had a second interview with the district manager who just boasted Farmers numbers and how competitive they are. Overall negative experience and not college grad friendly as was the only reason I took the chance.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the preliminary interview is just talking about yourself and your resume to find out if you are a good fit for an agent position.

Second interview:
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

How will you benefit Farmers if you are hired?

What is your greateat weakness?

A difficult situation you had to manage?

Why should we choose you?

Answer Question

I was not looking for a sales gig. Need to eatablish a steady pay before I can even think about going the agent route.