Family Dollar Stores Interview Questions

Updated 13 Oct, 2014
Updated 13 Oct, 2014

2.0

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores in October 2014.

I have had two interviews with two different store mangers .The process has only to a few weeks. They do wait on the drug testing and back ground to come back .Truly if you are ready to go into management you will be fine in the interview.

Interview Questions
    • There was not any question that was hard. As long as you have the very basic knowledge needed to enter into management.   Answer Question
    We are still reviewing the negotiatonasion.

Temporary Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores in September 2014.

Well the hiring process was fairly quickly, I applied online two weeks before I got an email inviting me to go to an interview. I showed up to my interview 15 mins early along with 3 other people, the performance manager went ahead and held our interview early that was 5 mins. Basically just saying to go take a drug test and that they would be in contact with us to help set up the store because this was a new location. Then I recently just got an email to sign the onboard training. Yay!!!

Interview Questions
    If you are in a group stand out, dress professionally, and ask plenty of questions.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jonesboro, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jonesboro, GA (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores in September 2014.

I Applied Online.
    Contacted by a Store Manager via phone call for an interview.
    Arrived at the store + met with the store manager. She had a folder w| my application and interview questions.
    Aced interview, received offer.

Interview Questions
    • Why Family Dollar?
      Availability?
      What did you like least/most about your last job?
      A time where you provided excellent Customer Service?
        Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores in September 2014.

The first interview was extremely long due to the fact her employee was late. A lot of questions. She was nice though and could not tell me what my base pay was. About 2 days later I interviewed with a dm and got sent to do a drug test. Called a few days later with no definite answer to if I was hired. I then got a call from a different store to come for a interview. She hired me.

Interview Questions
    Experience plays a role in your pay. If you are currently employed just a FYI tell them you make a little more than what you actually make. Don't get extreme with your pay. But they will offer you more if you will be leaving another job to join their team.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

They were having in-store interviews and I met with the manger and the training manger. They were both very friendly and made the interview a comfortable experience. I was contacted the next day and set up another interview with the DM a week later. She asked more in-depth, career oriented questions. Again a positive experience.

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores in August 2014.

I applied online. I was called by the district manager two days later to schedule an interview for the next day. The interview was very thorough as far as the job description. The questions were not tricky, they were expected. Interview went well and lasted about 45 minutes. I was then contacted by the human resources manager for a phone interview which lasted about 25 minutes. She again went over the job description very thoroughly, her questions were also not tricky. I was again contacted by the district manager and he again went over the details of the job and what is expected and entailed, he then offered me what I felt was a fair salary for a 52-hour work week.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult. I have been in retail for a long time and I did not get any questions that I felt were unreasonable or tricky.   View Answer
    I may have been able to negotiate but did not because I felt the offer was fair.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midlothian, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midlothian, IL (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in August 2014.

Waste of time. I applied for the job because the description just stated customer service experience, which I have over 10 years of. I got called in for an interview a few days later and was told that she couldn't continue the process because I didn't have management experience. Can you please tell me why you called me then?

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores in August 2014.

I applied online and a few days later I got called for an interview. The women who called me for the interview didn't even show up. I interviewed with another person that was there and it went great, loved talking to her. She told me she would try to get a hold of the original people that where supposed to interview me and get back to me. I never heard anything from anyone of them again.

Store Manager Interview

Very Complicated needed to finish online first, which never seemed to work properly. Anywhere from error messages to kept getting disconnected from server no matter what system I used. Their in store systems to hire staff are so out date and slow (seemed slower than dial up) that it makes almost impossible for anyone to finish the application process.

Interview Questions
    • The interview process seemed very unprofessional and lacking substance.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Was very easy and laid back, asked basic questions about shrink and managing others. Nothing someone with a little experience couldn't handle. Be sure when answering questions about shrink, to stand firm on giving no one a break. To them there is never an acceptable reason to steal.

Interview Questions
    Started at ten for the time being, Until fully trained then will be given salary and promoted to store manager