Family Dollar Stores

Updated 18 Feb, 2015
Updated 18 Feb, 2015

2.1

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interviewed with the district manager and the district loss prevention manager, at one of their stores, they asked me plenty of questions about previous jobs, and my personal life. If i was ever fired from a previous job, why I wanted to work for family dollar, what I knew about family dollar history. etc

Interview Questions
    It was thru email, I told them that Im worth hc more than ten dollars an hour and I can prove it them if they gave me a chance

Helped Set Up the Store Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bell, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bell, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

There was no interview process. A group of 18 people were randomly selected in order to set up the entire store for 10 consecutive days. Only six people were chosen from the 18 that started to work in the store once it opened. So in total, references and curriculum vitae had no influence on wether you were hired or not, what did matter was who could lift 50 pounds or more.

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

It was very long but went very good. A lot of questions but good ones. It was very professional. Was around great people with great attitudes. Would love to work with or around great people from Family Dollar. I recommend for anybody looking for a retail job to try out Family Dollar.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores in February 2015.

It was very quick and easy. Did the application online and received a call the next day. He wanted me to explain my previous work. I passed the phone screen so he ask me to come in for a formal interview.

Interview Questions
    If you have experience they will negotiate.

Associate (Cashier) Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

I applied to Family Dollar through their website. A couple of weeks later, I received a call asking me to go the store for an interview. It wasn't much of an interview, but instead I was told what the company was about, and how difficult the job was going to be. Also, most of the time was spent on discussing the drug screen.

Interview Questions
    • What did you do at your previous job? (The only question I was asked.)   Answer Question

I was told I would only work from 8-20 hours a week.

Store Clerk Interview

2 panel interview and they were asking situational questions and you had to give scenarios as to what u would do. After the interview they deliberated and would give you an offer on the spot. You also had to take an assessment test.

Better job offer

Replenishment Buyer Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

After initial phone interview, I had an in person interview the next week. Met with about 4 groups of 2-3 people that are managers and above. It went very well and got my offer the next day.

No negotiation

Store Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in January 2015.

Great interview. District manager and other store members where very pleasant. The process was easy and felt comfortable with the process and program. Very delightful interview was conduct in two settings.

Interview Questions
    Still going thru this phase

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores in January 2015.

It was simple .Filled out the application and went in the next day for an interview. I got called back on 2 weeks and got the job.The manerger really didn't ask too many questions it was very quick and easy.

Interview Questions
    • Explain your last position.What skills di you use there that you may be able to apply here?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Easy process. Was asked about my experience at my current employer. Went into detail about my experience with loss prevention. Company has a big issue with theft and is looking for someone to help reduce shrink.

Interview Questions
    • How did you work to reduce shrink in previous job.   View Answer

Not what I was looking for.