FactSet

FactSet Interview Questions

Updated 23 Nov, 2014
Updated 23 Nov, 2014

Team Leader Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at FactSet.

Paper based Test - includes Comprehension (English Proficiency), Logical Reasoning, Aptitude, Data Interpretation and Finance related.
    Presentation on Leadership (examples on personal life situations)
    Interview (HR+Technical) - questions on financial markets, derivatives, resume based questions, internship based questions, situational questions based on work profile.

Interview Questions
    • Looking at your profile you are not match for this work profile, justify yourself why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FactSet.

The hiring process starts with a phone interview. The interviewer asked some basic Data Structure/Algorithm questions. I was not asked to write code though.Then the recruiter contacted me to schedule an onsite interview. The onsite interview has 3 technical rounds, in every technical round there will be two engineers, 1 HR round and 1 Director round. The first technical round consists of Code Review. I was asked to find problems in a linked list implementation written in C++ although i am not a C++ guy but the problems were logical in nature and could be easily figured out even if you dont know C++. The second round was design round. Asked me to design an inverted index based search engine. In the third round they asked me to design an arithmetic expression evaluator, which basically means that you need to know about converting an infix expression to post fix expression and then evaluating the posfix expression. Then the HR took an overall feedback from me regarding the interview process. The last round was Director round in which my overall past experiences were discussed.

Interview Questions
    • How will you evaluate an arithmetic expression. (Infix->Postfix->Postfix evaluation)   Answer Question
    I negotiated and got a better deal. I would say that if you have a resonably good feedback from the HR then you should try to negotiate.

Graduate Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at FactSet.

I applied online. The procedure was not surprising. Their HR is accommodating.

1. Introduction of yourself.
    2. How much do you know about the company?
    3. Why do you think your skill fits?
    4. The difference between pointer and reference?
    5. Why use reference more?
    6. How do you test a program that sorts an array of strings?

Interview Questions
    • What is the best data structure to store sorted phone book data?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FactSet.

Recruited through LinkedIn, went to campus career fair to submit resume. Then had on campus interview, short easy basic behavioral questions. Why FactSet, why you chose major/college. Then invited for onsite interview. Started with short overview of FactSet workstation, then 4 30 minute behavioral style interviews. Nothing too difficult, mostly behavioral, one brainteaser/logic question. Then 30 minute review with group logic puzzle. Finally lunch with two consultants. Everyone seemed to really want to know you and understand why you want to work there and why they should hire you. Personalities seemed collaborative and great.

Interview Questions
    • What was the biggest challenge you have had to overcome?   Answer Question
    No negotiation - great package

Software Engineer Interview

You need to pass the written exam first. Exam coverage included OOP concepts, definition of terms, problem solving, coding in your preferred language, analysis of coded program and output generation.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FactSet.

I turned in resume through career fair and they contacted me around 2 weeks later for on campus interview. The interview started with technical questions. The one question was converting complete tree to double linked list.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were expectable. It was matter of how much you practice coding on a paper.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Storrs, CT (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Storrs, CT (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FactSet in November 2014.

I interviewed with Factset on campus for their entry level consulting position. The interview process was pretty strait forward, I got an email from them to set up a time to come and do a one-on-one interview and had the actually interview the next week. The woman I interviewed with was nice, but didn't seem overly interested in what I was saying. He questions were very bland and really didn't give me a chance to expand on a lot of my experiences in and out of school. She really didn't throw any curve-ball questions in either, everything was really just about my resume, job experiences and things in the news.

Overall the interview was pleasant, but It seemed my person was uninterested with what I had to say.

Interview Questions
    • Are you happy with you current GPA? I wasn't sure if this was a trick question, so I was unsure how to answer it at first.   Answer Question

Graduate Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at FactSet in November 2014.

Numerical and Excel-based test and Interview about the CV. They try to make sure that you are 100% informed about the role you applied for.
    Make sure you know how to explain all you previous internships and/or job experiences and show how you have acquired essential skills that are in line with the job you're applying for.
    Be informed about the company and its competitors as they will ask you questions about that.

Interview Questions
    • Explain the difference between the buy side and the sell side   Answer Question

Software Engineer Systems Analytics Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at FactSet in November 2014.

technical phone interview started with general project experiences, problems faced and went on through data structures regarding time complexities. Requirement was more on web development, but was asked on data structures deeply.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at FactSet in November 2014.

The Phone interview lasted for 48 minutes and I was asked motivational questions and OOP questions like the 4 features of OOP and advantage of each one.
    about public, private where to use them.
    about integers.
    recursive.
    call by value and by reference.
    data structure:
    like deference between tree and hash table collision in hash table,
    example of server and what is the best data structure the answer was queue and then asked about the priority queue.
    and about my projects

Interview Questions
    the offer I got was for internship coz I don't have enough projects