FactSet

FactSet Interview Questions

Updated 25 Feb, 2015
Updated 25 Feb, 2015

I applied online – interviewed at FactSet.

The interview was rather ok, although the interviewer didn't seem to care much.

I've been told to have the answer after 3 days: got it two weeks later after the second follow up.
    It was "ah, sorry, the answer is no" with the promise of more feedback in 2 days.
    Never got it.

Quite unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing special - about my life, factset and my understanding of a consultant-job.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at FactSet.

the interviewer asked normal background questions first and asked a little about each of my previous jobs, standard questions. look up other example questions and logic questions for sample interviews online. the actual answer does not matter as much as your confidence and the logic behind how you arrived at your answer. do not hesitate

Graduate Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FactSet.

There was an online application form I had to fill out. Then I had to complete an online numerical and financial test. I was then invited to an interview a week later which include an interview and in-house excel test. Fairly ok
    The questions are essentially the same as been discussed earlier.
    Be prepared to be asked questions related to your experience and studies

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at FactSet in February 2015.

I submitted my resume and received an email asking to do a phone interview a short while later. The woman that I interviewed with was rather soft-spoken. Being soft-spoken myself, it was a struggle for us to really get the ball rolling regarding our conversation, and I felt that that really dragged down the atmosphere.

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FactSet in February 2015.

I applied through campus recruitment and got an interview within 2 weeks. The interviewer asked behavioral questions, why you are interested, how did you hear about FactSet, explain a certain technology or system to a young child, and one brainteaser question.

My interviewer appears to be only serious and not that fun to hang out with...

Interview Questions
    • What is the degree of the angle between the two clock legs when the time is 3:15?   View Answer

Graduate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Face to Face Interview + Excel Test after the initial online testing at the Factset office. The interview was with one member of HR. This took 30 mins. Then you are taken to another room where you take the Excel test on a laptop. They provide a spreadsheet with data and a sheet of paper asking you to fill the blanks using the appropriate functions.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about Factset
      Difference between IM and IB
      Tell me a time when you delivered good customer service
      What does a consultant do at Factset
      What differentiates Factset from competitors, who are Factsets competitors

Freeze Pane
      Conditional Formatting

Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at FactSet in February 2015.

talked to them in career fair and Hr connect me 2 days after career fair for the phone interview. Just one day after phone interview I got email about ask me for a onsite interview! Very effective! The onsite interview is two days later since my schedule is full in the following week. On site interview is super good experience! Everyone is super nice and open to discuss. Even through that I got bad news the following day, I am still think this company is amazing and highly recommended

Interview Questions
    • Tree Bfs(phone interview)   Answer Question
    • Triangle class code review(very bad code and I think I did not good there) linked list related problem and oop design related problem.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at FactSet.

Submitted resume through campus career fair. HR invite me for a phone screen a couple of days later. The questions are very basic, including fundamental language based knowledge, coding and data structure design. All simple and basic. Went for onsite after a few weeks (I was not ready for onsite interviews after phone screen and delay the onsite interview date on purpose). It begins with a discussion with recruiter. Then there were two technique interviews, including coding, system design, OOD design, etc. After a launch interview, there was another technique interview with sample code analysis. The day ends with the final round of interview with directors, talking about background, projects and interests.

I got an offer on the next business day. The recruiter was very efficient.

In general, the interview questions were easy and fundamental. Nothing surprising. Everyone was nice and friendly. Very positive experiences overall.

Interview Questions

Got a few other offers with much higher compensation

I applied online – interviewed at FactSet.

1. Online application which included answering some questions and submitting your CV
    2. Online test (Finance, Numerical). Numerical was very easy. Finance was easy, but you had to know some financial terms and the names of some stock exchanges and indices.
    3. Interview & Excel Test. Interview was pretty easy and conversational. Asked me to describe what Factset does, who were their customers, etc. Also asked about my CV and experiences. Excel test also easy, but I did not know some basic stuff. You should know: freeze panes, vlookup, average & sum & standard deviation formulas, if conditioning to color code some cells.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was easy and the questions were mainly those that are already discussed in this forum. But the interviewer also asked what kind of company information and what sort of companies do Investment Bankers look at for M&A.   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FactSet.

Two rounds of interviews. the first one is an one-to-one, the second one is assessment centre which includes Microtech, group exercise and demonstration of Factset platform. The first one is quite easy.
    all based on CV and quite laid back.