FactSet Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014
Updated Sep 15, 2014

Software Engineer I Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at FactSet.

consists of 3 rounds:
    1.aptitude + output and pseudo coding : was simple. basics of c++ were focused upon.
    2. technical interviews: logical thinking and coding was checked basically. keep your oops concepts clear. Interviewers help u when u r stuck somewhere. try getting hint from them to solve.
    3. HR + technical interviews: try not to become nervous as u get tired til last round. Keep calm.

Graduate Consultant Interview

Applied through Email, did the first round "Numeracy Excel and Finance Knowledge" test; not difficult questions just make sure you read the questions and bring a proper calculator with you. As to the excel questions, make sure you know how to =vlookup and conditional formatting; use help in excel if you do not know how to do anything.

Recruiter Interview

Interviewed on campus. Asked Behavior questions. Looking for personality not skills. Applied through campus. NIght Before was an hour presentation talking about the company. INterview was on campus with one man. Asked questions such as strengths, weaknesses, why this role ect....

Senior Software Engineer Interview

There were two rounds of written test. The first roud was objective in that question were from ASP.Net,OOps concept and SQL. Second round was programming round in that they asked to write 5 programs

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at FactSet in August 2014.

First they shortlist your CV and inform with tentative date for process. Which is a Test followed by GD & PI, if selected there would be a further round of personal interview before final selection.

Consultant Interview

I applied online - interviewed at FactSet.

Set up a phone interview and the recruiter who called sounded very tired and listless. She seemed like she was going through the motions but had already decided I wasn't going to get the position, so I don't know why she called. She explained the position a little and how there was a training program before getting hired full-time, etc. etc.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were very standard, such as "what was your GPA?" "what kind of work environment are you looking for?" "what are your strengths/weaknesses?". No brain teasers   Answer Question

Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at FactSet in July 2014.

Initial stage - Online tests: I was given a numerical test, an excel test (basic; know how to use vlookup, conditional formatting etc), and a financial knowledge test (all calculation questions have formulae provided, but you should know things like index and exchange locations)

Face to face interview: Basic questions about why factset, why finance etc, along with some financial competency questions (difference between IB/IM, how would a portfolio manager use our software)

Interview Questions
    • What company indicators would someone in M&A look for in our software when looking to make an acquisition? How would a buy side trader use our software compared to sell side?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Written test round consist of 3 sections
    1. Aptitude ( 12 questions)
    2. Technical ( c++ based, 6 question)
    3. 4 coding questions

23 Shortlisted.

1 technical round ( 1.30- 2 hours)
    Questions on project , 3 coding questions , 1 question from c++ , 1 puzzle
    HR+tech ( around 1 hr)

Interview Questions
    • Find first k prime numbers of n digit. It was my first question . Took a time but gave them answer   Answer Question

Research Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Norwalk, CT (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at FactSet in March 2014.

Originally started through campus recruiting. Initial interview was for Consultant, eventually was moved over to Product Development interview. Interview was at the corporate headquarters in Norwalk, Ct. Interviewed with 6 different members of PD team for about 45min-1hr each. Questions asked ranged from general i.e. "Do you have any coding experience" to general finance "What are some processes for company valuation, and how would you go about them" along with specific questions in excel.

Interview Questions
    • What is your favorite excel function (answered nested if or pivot tables). Okay, now make either in this spreadsheet.   View Answer
    Very little room for negotiation, was told similar situation form other entry level positions in PD.

Senior Software Engineer Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at FactSet in August 2014.

This was a position with StreetAccount LLC which was acquired by FactSet not too long ago. Spoke with the HR recruiter on the phone and immediately invited to interview with the hiring manager and two of the team developers. The team is very easy going and functions like a start up company even though it's part of FactSet. Took the time to explained to me about their job and asked questions around the projects i have done in the past. Asked me to send them my code samples after the onsite interview and then got the offer a few days later.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was really difficult. They asked about my past experience and whether if i have used certain .NET technology.   Answer Question

Got another offer that matched better with my career goals. I would certainly have taken the offer otherwise.

Worked for FactSet? Contribute to the Community!