FactSet

Average Difficulty
353 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Gamé (Togo)

I applied online - interviewed at FactSet in February 2014.

Interview Details academic background, reason for resignation, previous working experience , career goal, motivation, open question and answer... you name it as you want. interview online and then onsite with the manager. just need to talk and let him know you. that is all and no more

New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FactSet in May 2010.

Interview Details 1. Phone interview. Asked what stock I'm following and why. Also are there any stories I'm currently interested in relating to financial markets.
2. Group interview. Met with head of consulting and current consultants. Asked about company and what ny understanding of the buy and sell side is.
3. Group lunch. This is a lunch so I'd recommend being friendly but treat this like an interview. Do not get too comfortable.

Interview Question – Explain excel to your grandmother who is computer illiterate.   Answer Question

Seattle, WA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at FactSet in October 2012.

Interview Details One on campus interview. All fit questions. Related to why I wanted to work for FactSet, what I knew about their competitors (Bloomberg, CapitalIQ, Thomson One). Which office I was interested in working in (they had 4)? Very friendly, and more like a conversation than a traditional interview. Talked about the career path that you could take within the company.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for FactSet?   View Answer

Norwalk, CT (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FactSet in July 2014.

Interview Details I had applied through an employ referral. The recruiter contacted me within a week, to identify what roles I would be suitable for. Within two working days, I was invited for a phone screen. The phone screen was conducted by an engineer. The interviewer asked me about my resume and a simple coding question (sieve of erastothenes). I expected them to get back within a week, but to my surprise, the recruiter got back to me within a few hours, inviting me onsite for an interview.

The onsite interview began initially with a demo of the product. This demo is really helpful in formulating questions for the later rounds ;-) Coming to the technical rounds, the first of my technical rounds was a code review. The same Triangle class as the previous posters. This was followed by a coding/algorithms round. In this round, I was asked a "starter" question, to ease me into the process. The question was to pop the minimum from the stack. This was followed by a question, explained in the next section. To answer the same we required to implement disjoint sets. I told the interviewers that I shall use a height balancing BST (like AVL). This I said, would reduce the worst case search/insert/delete to O(log n). The interviewers probably misunderstood me, and maintained that the worst case height is O(n) for a BST (can't be denied :-) ) . This was followed by a system design question, where I had to design a system for expressions (expr = literal|expr + expr|-expr) without wasting effort on parsing. I tried to impress them with class diagrams. BIG mistake! Just write your classes and get done with it! This was followed by a round with the hiring manager. This round is essentially a resume review, and multiple technical discussions.

Finally, I was taken out for lunch by a member of the Security Assurance team. Having a background in security, he talked about the team and opportunities in them. Finally, I had a Behavioral interview with the recruiter.

They again promised to get back to me within a week, and to my surprise got back in two days!!! Alas, it was a reject, but overall an enjoyable and quick interview experience.

Interview Question – Given a graph and an online stream of its edges (like a social network, where edges are the friendships built at that given instant), find the first incoming edge at which the graph is fully connected!   View Answer

QA Analyst Interview

QA Analyst
Hyderābād (India)

I applied online - interviewed at FactSet in July 2014.

Interview Details writen followed by techniacal if u qualif the return exam in techniacal they asked to talk something to check your communication moreever anaylyst is for recruiting purpose in factset as hr said

Associate Content Manager Interview

Associate Content Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at FactSet.

Interview Details Consisted of 2 initial phone interviews then an in person meeting with the hiring manager and another team member. The interviews itself were fine - your average questions - personality and work history overview - nothing tricky or too hard. The process though was dragged out for 2 months and in the end HR never responded back. Communication was not there - they asked me to send over application documents - I faxed it over asked for confirmation it was received - never heard back. Waited a week to get an email saying that the fax didn't show up and to send it again - scanned it this time - asked for confirmation it was received and never heard back. Truly unprofessional and left a bad impression with me.

Interview Question – nothing too out of the ordinary - mostly personality questions and work history   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at FactSet in March 2014.

Interview Details Attended first round testing and interviews following review of my online application. Testing comprised of maths, finance and Excel tests after a 1:1 interview. FactSet's HR department were very good and even gave feedback on my interview and tests after being told I was unsuccessful, this feedback has been very useful going forward.

Interview Question – Who are FactSet's main competitors?   View Answer

Research Analyst Interview

Research Analyst
Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at FactSet.

Interview Details written test for 1hour on english grammer and sentence correction, reasoning, finance related questions
hr - based on ur resume about ur hobbies and personal introduction
manager round-- about shift timings and questions on finance
top level manager

Consultant

I applied online and interviewed at FactSet.

Interview Details I was called for a group interview with other 5 people together. We had a written test at first for approximate half hour. The test contained few multiple questions and short answer questions regarding company's background and math calculation. During the group interview, we were provided by two case-based questions, and everyone need to contribute some ideas to reach a conclusion and presented in front of few seniors.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself outside of your academic and working experiences.   Answer Question

Norwalk, CT (US)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at FactSet in January 2011.

Interview Details I initially applied for a job through a friend and didn't get a callback. After a few months another position opened and I applied again through the friend. A few weeks went by and they called back. First I was contacted by a recruiter, then I had a phone interview, then I came in for an in-person interview.

The in-person was a whole day. It started with a presentation of their product, then a code review, two design reviews, a lunch, and finally an interview with the director of the department.

Several days later I received a phone call with an offer.

Interview Question – The most difficult question presented to me was a C++ code sample that I had to review. It contained numerous logical and syntax errors, as well as poor coding. I had to debug the sample by hand and explain how I would fix the code or re-implement it. The difficulty was doing so on pen and paper and catching all of the problems, including several very subtle ones.   Answer Question

Worked for FactSet? Contribute to the Community!