Facebook Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated 20 Oct, 2014

3.3

359 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Facebook.

Started with a quick phone call from a recruiter at facebook. He was very nice and polite but not technical. Questions were related to past experience but I felt as though it was more just a quick fit check before moving to a more technical interview.

Next step was a call with a Senior Engineer. The phone call was about one hour in which the you will be quized about elementary data structures and algs.

Interview Questions
  • Create an iterator to traverse a binary tree. When the next function is called on the binary tree return the value at the next node as if you are doing an inorder traversal of the tree. Restrictions: Nodes do not have pointers to their parent node and you can't use recursion.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Facebook

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Facebook in March 2014.

Phone call interview with engineer. Interviewer was very nice, talked about my previous work and his previous work. Then got into coding questions.

Interview Questions
    • Given a list of k sublists containing n sorted integers, generate output as one sorted list.
      Comment on complexities.
        View Answers (3)

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Facebook in December 2013.

employee referral, contacted by HR, phone interview, normal interview question, no reply for 2 weeks, contacted HR. employee referral, contacted by HR, phone interview, normal interview question, no reply for 2 weeks, contacted HR.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Facebook in March 2012.

Get contacted by HR after drop resume in a campus event.
    Attended the on campus interview.

The process is very fast paced. And the interviewer is very friendly.

He provided hints and gave follow-up discussion about your solution.

Software Engineer Interview

phone interview starting with introducing yourself followed by two code questions.
    The first coding question is very standard coding question and the second one is
    a little more related to facebook's certain functionality

Software Engineer Interview

A phone interview, simply ask some question about resume and then ask coding question. They sent a link to you and use the link to coding. Just one question, the question is typed by them in the link.

Interview Questions
    • Print a binary tree by vertical level order

2 4
      3 5

print :
      1 5
        View Answers (5)

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Facebook.

Referred by a friend.The recruiter responds quickly. First the recruiter needs to know more about me and introduces the job. Then planned a phone screen for me. One coding question. Two days later I was informed I am invited for a full loop. The onsite includes four rounds. Two Coding, one system design and one Jedi. Great experience

Software Engineering Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Facebook.

Met the recruiter at a career fair, dropped off my resume, and was contacted for an on campus tech interview. Interviewed with a Russian guy with a really heavy accent and I could NOT understand much of what he was saying. He also got impatient with me and basically wrote the answer on the board after 1-2 minutes of watching me struggle. Not a very helpful or nurturing interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • you have a longggg list of words, return a list of distinct words along with the count of how many occurred using only 16gb of memory   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I apply on Software engineering position. HR contacted me, and told that he thinks I'm not good for this position. I received email with some questions about my experience and what I want to do in Facebook.

Software Engineering Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter after the Facebook NY Hackathon. She set up one technical phone interview, if I passed there would be another technical phone interview. After those two they would make a hiring decision.

Interview Questions
    • Write running code to print out the level order traversal of a binary tree   View Answers (3)