Facebook

Average Difficulty
331 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Facebook in December 2013.

Interview Details employee referral, contacted by HR, phone interview, normal interview question, no reply for 2 weeks, contacted HR. employee referral, contacted by HR, phone interview, normal interview question, no reply for 2 weeks, contacted HR.

Interview Question – normal careercup question   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Facebook.

Interview Details Started with a quick phone call from a recruiter at facebook. He was very nice and polite but not technical. Questions were related to past experience but I felt as though it was more just a quick fit check before moving to a more technical interview.

Next step was a call with a Senior Engineer. The phone call was about one hour in which the you will be quized about elementary data structures and algs.

Interview Question – Create an iterator to traverse a binary tree. When the next function is called on the binary tree return the value at the next node as if you are doing an inorder traversal of the tree. Restrictions: Nodes do not have pointers to their parent node and you can't use recursion.   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Facebook in March 2014.

Interview Details Phone call interview with engineer. Interviewer was very nice, talked about my previous work and his previous work. Then got into coding questions.

Interview Question – Given a list of k sublists containing n sorted integers, generate output as one sorted list.
Comment on complexities.
  View Answers (3)

Vancouver, BC

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Facebook in March 2012.

Interview Details Get contacted by HR after drop resume in a campus event.
Attended the on campus interview.

The process is very fast paced. And the interviewer is very friendly.

He provided hints and gave follow-up discussion about your solution.

Interview Question – implement sqrt without using math libray   View Answers (8)

Software Engineering Interview

Software Engineering

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Facebook.

Interview Details one hackerrank, three technical interview.
the hackerrank question is fairly straightforward but easiest to do in higher level language.
technical interviews were okay, but not hint-ful or anything. made a stupid mistake in the last one and it cost me a lot :(

Interview Question – compare the leaves of a tree with early exit   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Facebook.

Interview Details I was initially contacted by a recruiter, and was then interviewed via Skype. The interviewer had a pretty strong accent so it was hard to follow him at some points of the interview. He didn't spend time asking me about my background, but he was kind to respond questions in the end.

Interview Question – I wasn't asked anything particularly difficult on this interview, the question that I remember was 'write a function to calculate the Square Root of a number without using square root function'   Answer Question

Menlo Park, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Facebook in July 2014.

Interview Details Introduced into the whole process via a referral, so I was able to move quickly to an onsite interview. This was easily the best interview experience I've had in a long time - recruiter was friendly and extremely responsive, and each of the interviews was engaged during the interview.

Everything moved very quickly once I indicated that I felt prepared to interview.

Interview Question – Nothing terribly surprising - be prepared to talk through CS fundamentals, large scale design, and code code code.   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Facebook.

Interview Details The interview process for the internship position consisted of two phone interviews. The first interview was more about my past experience and had a single programming question. During the interview you're supposed to code the solution in a language of your choice. The interviewer will see what you're coding as you type and make mistakes. By doing so they have insights on how you approach programming problems.

The second interview had two programming questions with similar degree of difficulty.

Interview Question – The first problem was the classical "reverse a linked list" problem. It's easy, but may make you feel nervous as getting the pointer manipulation right may be tricky.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I basically said yes.

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Facebook in February 2014.

Interview Details campus recruiting and campus interview. I submit my resume in career fair and get notification of interview on the next day. The interviewer first asked me some questions on my resume and then asked me a technical question

Interview Question – something related to my resume. like how this project works   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Facebook in May 2014.

Interview Details The recruiter was excellent and quickly scheduled the first interview, but the manager seemed too busy and unprepared for the interview. When asked about development processes, make sure you show how flexible you are. They aren't looking for candidates who follow a strict SDLC; they want someone who can deal with less structure.

Interview Question – Tell me about the N-1 problem with ORMs.   Answer Question

Worked for Facebook? Contribute to the Community!