FTI Consulting

Average Difficulty
117 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Roseland, NJ (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in May 2013.

Interview Details I applied through a campus interview posting at Rutgers Business School. I had a pre-screen phone interview and then an on-site interview with a manager and a director. During the on-site interview there was a case study writing samplt that was times for 25 minutes. Most of the questions were behavioral but some assessment of business terms and knowledge. I ended up being at the office for over 3 hours, got the job, and I am very happy.

Interview Question – There was a 25 minute writing prompt. The question was how would you approach a business problem and go about solving it. I gave the textbook 5-step approach answer, if you went to any decent business school then you would know what I;m talking about.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Internship

I applied through college or university and interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview Details On campus interview/phone interview which lasted about 30-45 minutes; majority of the questions were behavioral with one technical question. Office visit consisted of lunch with a couple of individuals and three 30-45 minute interviews, which covered behavioral, technical and fit questions.

Interview Question – Some case scenarios were asked during the technical interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation phase.

London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in April 2013.

Interview Details Panel interview with 2 directors. Ran through

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Not right role

Restructuring Consultant Interview

Restructuring Consultant

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview Details After the initial screening, I had to complete a case study before being brought in for 4 face to face interviews. I met with people the consultant level to a managing director and then had lunch with them as well as the other candidates.

Interview Question – Why would I hire someone from an accounting background when I could hire an MBA or a consultant with experience?   Answer Question

Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview Details Was originally contacted by a third party recruiter who put me in touch with the recruiter at FTI. Had the normal phone screen with the recruiter and then had another phone screen with a manager. Both were relatively straight forward and easy. I was then invited to the Chicago office where I met with two Directors. Both interviews went well. The next day, the recruiter contacted me and said the Director's really liked me, so she asked if she could contact my references as that was the last step before they give the official offer. After contacting my references, she extended me a verbal offer! She said she would send over the official (paper) offer the next day; however, I never heard from her. A few days later, I called the recruiter and she said they didn't have a project to staff me on that time, so they were going to wait a month before officially signing me. Never heard from her. A few months later, they ended up contacting a friend of mine for the exact same role. Not sure if they ever intended to give me a real offer, but if they didn't and they were merely stringing me along, they should have never asked to speak to my references as some of them were my coworkers. Also, don't make someone go through the whole process of leaving work and taking time off if you don't even have the capacity to hire them.

Interview Question – Give me an example of a situation where you exceeded your superior's expectations.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through another source and the process took a day - interviewed at FTI Consulting in June 2012.

Interview Details Found an employee's contact information online and asked if they had internship opportunities. Very welcoming and kind during interview. Asked about previous experience in Marketing and other job experiences in general. Wanted to get an idea of my skill set to see what I could contribute to the company. Asked about my long-term career goals.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   View Answer

Financial Communications Intern Interview

Financial Communications Intern

Interviewed at FTI Consulting

Interview Details Sent off CV and Covering Letter, then had a telephone interview, was personal questions mainly nothing difficult, few questions about the company, who their competitors are. lasted 30 minutes, got told I had a 2 week position within the week

Interview Question – Nothing difficult, just read up on the company and have some 'give me a time when you...' prepared, make them a bit interesting and show that you took ownership of a task   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Senior Associate

Interviewed at FTI Consulting

Interview Details Interviewed with four directors and managing directors. Very informal and mostly just wanted to see if we got along. Once passing that they brought me in for a written test.

Interview Question – Essay test asking finance questions.   Answer Question

FTI Communications Analyst Interview

FTI Communications Analyst
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in February 2013.

Interview Details applied through company website, two rounds: phone interview followed by Assessment Day including two one-to-one interview, writing exercise, group discussion and role play.

Interview Question – What are our competitors?   View Answer

Forensic and Litigation Intern Interview

Forensic and Litigation Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview Details Got through the resume screen and then had 2-30 minute interviews with mid-upper level members of FTI Consulting

Interview Question – None, know why consulting, why FTI and the industry you're interviewing for   Answer Question