FTI Consulting Interview Questions

Updated 29 Sep, 2014
Updated 29 Sep, 2014

Healthcare Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at FTI Consulting in July 2013.

Applied online and was contacted for a phone interview about two weeks later. I didn't pass this interview, but if you did you can expect to do an Excel based test.

Restructuring Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

After the initial screening, I had to complete a case study before being brought in for 4 face to face interviews. I met with people the consultant level to a managing director and then had lunch with them as well as the other candidates.

Interview Questions
    • Why would I hire someone from an accounting background when I could hire an MBA or a consultant with experience?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

Was originally contacted by a third party recruiter who put me in touch with the recruiter at FTI. Had the normal phone screen with the recruiter and then had another phone screen with a manager. Both were relatively straight forward and easy. I was then invited to the Chicago office where I met with two Directors. Both interviews went well. The next day, the recruiter contacted me and said the Director's really liked me, so she asked if she could contact my references as that was the last step before they give the official offer. After contacting my references, she extended me a verbal offer! She said she would send over the official (paper) offer the next day; however, I never heard from her. A few days later, I called the recruiter and she said they didn't have a project to staff me on that time, so they were going to wait a month before officially signing me. Never heard from her. A few months later, they ended up contacting a friend of mine for the exact same role. Not sure if they ever intended to give me a real offer, but if they didn't and they were merely stringing me along, they should have never asked to speak to my references as some of them were my coworkers. Also, don't make someone go through the whole process of leaving work and taking time off if you don't even have the capacity to hire them.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a situation where you exceeded your superior's expectations.   Answer Question

Financial Communications Intern Interview

Sent off CV and Covering Letter, then had a telephone interview, was personal questions mainly nothing difficult, few questions about the company, who their competitors are. lasted 30 minutes, got told I had a 2 week position within the week

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult, just read up on the company and have some 'give me a time when you...' prepared, make them a bit interesting and show that you took ownership of a task   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Interviewed with four directors and managing directors. Very informal and mostly just wanted to see if we got along. Once passing that they brought me in for a written test.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseland, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseland, NJ (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting in May 2013.

I applied through a campus interview posting at Rutgers Business School. I had a pre-screen phone interview and then an on-site interview with a manager and a director. During the on-site interview there was a case study writing samplt that was times for 25 minutes. Most of the questions were behavioral but some assessment of business terms and knowledge. I ended up being at the office for over 3 hours, got the job, and I am very happy.

Interview Questions
    • There was a 25 minute writing prompt. The question was how would you approach a business problem and go about solving it. I gave the textbook 5-step approach answer, if you went to any decent business school then you would know what I;m talking about.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting in April 2013.

Panel interview with 2 directors. Ran through

Not right role

Forensic and Litigation Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

Got through the resume screen and then had 2-30 minute interviews with mid-upper level members of FTI Consulting

Interview Questions
    • None, know why consulting, why FTI and the industry you're interviewing for   Answer Question

Forensic and Litigation Summer Intern Interview

Two first round interviews, mostly behavioral

Superday consisted of 3 interviews with directors and partners and a case study

Interview Questions
    • How would you assess the financial health of a company?   Answer Question

FTI, Forensic and Litigation Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

Brief on campus interview, asked if I was proficient in excel and to describe my prior work experiences. Interviewer was professional, though arrived late to my interview (likely stuck in traffic, frustrating none the less).