FTI Consulting Interview Questions

Updated 17 Oct, 2014
Updated 17 Oct, 2014

Economic and Financial Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at FTI Consulting.

applied online, first round numerical and verbal test, then group work. second round two interviews, a written case then interview about that.

Foreign Legal Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting in January 2014.

Brief phone interview then brought in for an interview with 5 people. Originally set with 5 kind of higher up people, but 3 cancelled last minute and sent in random underlings to interview me. They did answer questions I had, but seemed more interested in talking about themselves than finding out if I would be a good fit. I feel like I didn't get the chance to tell them why I would be a good fit because I did not interrupt them.

Interview Questions
    • Had to take a half an hour quiz on a computer. It was like reliving the LSATs.   Answer Question

Economic Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting in January 2014.

emailed CV to HR. 3 stage interview process. 1st with one member of the team. 2nd with two members of the team. 3rd with two members of the team. 2nd interview also included a psychometric interview.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at FTI Consulting in January 2014.

Initial interview with MD of GRIP after being put in touch with a recruiter. In-person interview was fairly informal, straight-forward and altogether fairly easy. Seemed like more of an assessment of my interest and dedication to the industry as opposed to competency (my CV more or less speaks for itself in terms of experience).

Second interview was scheduled shortly thereafter with 3 additional MDs. This interview as well was fairly simple, with the only added layer of difficulty being that it was a 3on1 interview. There was also a Chinese language component (due to this position being in greater China).

Topics covered include anti-corruption compliance, enhanced due diligence, fraud investigations, etc.

Healthcare Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting in January 2014.

I applied through campus recruiting, and they asked for an interview. At the interview, the interviewer was extremely stiff and awkward. He asked me a bunch of typical questions -- walk me through your resume, what are you involved in, why did you choose your major, what are the biggest issues in healthcare, etc. The interviewer also seemed flustered when I asked a question he didn't seem to know the answer to. Overall, very odd experience.

Economics and Financial Consulting Interview

Numerical test without a calculator and a GRE style verbal test - verbal test was straight forward but most candidates had trouble finishing the numerical test in time.
    Group case study where you need to discuss with two or three other candidates in the team, and a 5 minute presentation in the end.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interviewed through university. Went through only 2 rounds of interviews, the first just being a half hour, the second round consisting of a few in a row with a longer duration of time for each. All very laid back and really focusing on who you are as a person it seemed.

Interview Questions
    • None were terrible, all straight forward interview questions that you would expect - why do you want to work here, etc.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

I interviewed for FTI through campus recruiting. I submitted a resume through career services (no cover letter) and was contacted to do a first round on campus interview. The first interview was about 45 minutes and was behavioral. After about a week and a half I was contacted for a final round interview at their office. This was comprised of 3 45 minute behavioral interviews. Each interview had one senior level and one junior level employee.

Interview Questions
    • What are the top challenges facing the healthcare industry?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

I interviewed at the Center for Healthcare Economics and Policy. First round was a half hour phone interview and the second was a five hour in-person interview with several different people and including an Excel-based case study. For the case study, I was given an hour to answer four questions from a data set and then presented my conclusions to the team afterwards.

Interview Questions
    • The phone interview included a pop quiz: What factors are contributing to rising health care costs as a percentage of GDP across the globe?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting in November 2013.

Cv and covering letter application followed by an online maths test which wasn't too hard. Then invited to an assessment day with a very difficult non calculator maths test, verbal reasoning test and writing test along with a group task.

Final stage is 3 1 to 1 interviews and an excel case study assessing the loss to a business from the breach of contract by another. Interviews were 1 CV, 1 based on the case study and 1 with a Senior MD where they can cover anything they like.

Interview Questions
    • Maths test is very hard, prepare with GMAT style questions   Answer Question