FTI Consulting Interview Questions

Updated 19 Apr, 2015

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at FTI Consulting (Boston, MA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

I had an on campus interview that I thought went very well but I was not invited to the super day. It was all behavioral. No technical questions.

Life Sciences Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

1 hour on campus, then superday. Nothing too technical, but hardcore behavioral questions. they want to see how you fit/ how you think, can you talk to people. They are also looking for someone who is good with data analysis and someone who can be personable. The Superday was not too long , no case questions.

Interview Questions

• If I give you a large amount of information, how do you filter through it?   Answer Question

Interview

Applied through school website and had an on campus interview one week after the deadline. Normal behavioral questions. Recruiter spent a lot of time introduce the company as well as the position's responsibilities.

Interview Questions

• No technical questions. All the questions were based on my experience in my resume.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

Applied Online. Received interview invitation a week after. Interview took three and a hald hours, including an on site test last for 2 hours.
    Easy int, mostly traditional resume n personality based questions. Asked a lot about China international affairs.

Interview Questions

• Which SEA countries recently had presidential election   1 Answer

Graduate European Tax Advisory Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

Standard online numerical and verbal reasoning tests, then an half hour telephone interview with a memeber of HR and a senior memeber of the team. Then a interview at the offices with two senior memebers of the team, and a maths test. Final round interview with a senior managing director for about an hour.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

Recruiter screening, one in-person interview at headquarters with fellow candidates interviewing for segment intern positions. Multiple interviews with different levels of management throughout the day. Each interview did not last more than 10 minutes.

Senior Analyst Interview

Interview

Interview included meetings with multiple levels of staff, including junior staff who would be working below the applicant. Descriptions of the role were relatively vague and interview questions included many standard consulting case interview problems. The interview ended with a 2-hour finance/accounting computer exam. This included DCF and other financial modeling questions, plus some basic economics questions.

Interview Questions

• How many automobile tires currently exist in the U.S.?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Interview

I got a first round interview, we were taken out for a meet and greet the night prior. The representatives that came were easy going and engaging. The interview was the next morning, questions were behavioral with a light touch on technical situations. I thought I did pretty well but they didn't even reach out with a response.

Interview Questions

• If Apple decided they wanted to sell refrigerators, how would you determine the price of the refrigerator?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

First round, phone interview. Spoke with their HR department. She asked very basic questions about my background and work eligibility, many of which I had submitted along with my application. Didn't ask much about my interest in the company, but was very diligent in answering my questions. She said the company would follow-up within a week of the interview.

Interview Questions

• No trick questions, very straight forward. The interview felt rushed.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

First online application
    Then received phone interview, simple CV questions, why consulting, what do you know about FTI, etc.
    Then interview with two directors, plus one written test on computer and one technical accounting test. Interview questions are similar and normal:
    What do you know about FTI?
    What are your strengths and weaknesses?
    CV Questions