FTI Consulting Interview Questions

Updated 23 Oct, 2014
Updated 23 Oct, 2014

FEDA Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

On campus interview then when on to Super day interviews. Great people interested in knowing what you're like as a person. There were no case interviews. They had a technical interview that was more focused on your resume and experience.

Macy's Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

On Campus Interview after meeting the recruiters at a Networking Event on campus. The entire process took about 2 weeks. Interview process consisted of one 30-minute behavioral and one 30-minute "case" interview. It was a simple case, and asked you to choose 1 of 5 employees to mentor.

Finance Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at FTI Consulting.

I first learned about FTI Consulting at a career fair at my school. I got a business card and applied through the university's job listing. I was invited to interview. It was a very basic behavioral interview questions nothing too hard.

Interview Questions
    • It was just behavioral questions but the hardest was, "Why do you think you would fit in at our company?"   View Answer

FEDA Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Got through the first round and this more focuses on the 2nd round. This round is all about behavioral. You will go through three separate interviews with nothing too technical. They just want to see if you're a good fit.

Interview Questions
    • What news story in the last two days is most interesting to you?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through campus recruiting and received an email letting me know I had an interview on campus in the coming week. The first round interview was held at the campus career center. I met with one of the managing directors and had a 30 minute interview that was pretty informal. The questions were mostly behavior, but there were one or two analytical ones.

Consultant (VFAS) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

Applied on Linkedin. Initial phone screening with HR (nothing technical). All the members in hiring committee were traveling so it took 2-3 weeks to schedule an in-house interview. Met up with 1 SMD, 1MD, and one Director. Each took 30 min or so.

Interview Questions
    • Write an e-mail to a PE client about the process of the engagement. (After I gave the answer) Do you think I would like that answer? It was not about the question itself but his attitude all along the interview that made the conversation very difficult.   Answer Question

Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at FTI Consulting in August 2014.

Three stages. First screening by recruiter then interviewed by project manager then have to go to their office for in person registration (criminal background check and work history basically). No discussion of specifics during screening (rate of pay, hours, if there is OT); project managers provide details. This company previously used staffing agencies and is now doing the hiring directly so they have recruiters out in CA doing the screening for the project managers.

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions for this type of work; but did ask about "how" skills were acquired.   View Answer

Accepted another offer before FTI made me an offer.

E-Discovery Team Lead Interview

I received a response from the Recruiting team about 15 minutes after I applied for the position. I had a telephone interview that same day. She seemed helpful and honest and truly enjoyed speaking with her. Then a week later, I had a phone interview with a Director- who was also very honest and straightforward. Unfortunately, I wasn't a right fit for the position and she let me know.

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

Saw an online ad, sent in my resume and had an initial phone interview with HR that lasted about 15 minutes. Was scheduled to have another phone interview with the principals but that was changed to an in person interview with both the managing director and the senior managing director. The discussion with the managing director was straight forward, no real challenging/difficult questions. I had to wait about 45 minutes for the discussion with the senior managing director, even though I was told it would be only 5-10 minutes. No real challenging questions during this discussion either.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. Asked about experience related to crisis communications, communications plan, coalition work and experience working with clients.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

I initially met with consultants and senior consultants, then with directors and MDs, and finally with the SMDs of the groups I'd potentially be joining. Then more SMDs wanted to meet with me. Lots of interviews.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me a lot about projects I'd worked on at previous jobs, even though the projects were several years back and I had been very junior level and only peripherally involved, and for a very short time.   Answer Question
    They were absolute snakes - they told me I'd be brought in as an experienced hire, but bumped me to 1st year consultant. They axed first year consultant bonuses and the employee stock purchase plan after I began, even though the company was having a record year. Greedy, old-school accountants who think it's okay to treat people that way just because they were treated that way.