FTI Consulting

Updated 30 Nov, 2014
Updated 30 Nov, 2014

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

First you have to complete an online numerical test issued by Saville Consulting. If you pass this test you get invited to a 4-5 hr assessment day. This involves a numerical test without calculator (hard), a verbal reasoning test (you do not have enough time), and then a group exercise. By the time I interview, they still used the lottery case. But there's not much you can do to prepare for this, researching government lotteries would not be beneficial. After the group exercise you have to complete a writing test. The people are nice and friendly, but the day is structured like an exam day. You have an informal lunch with graduates hired last year to ask some questions.

Interview Questions
    • The exams were hard and you are rather tired by the end to do the writing test well.   Answer Question

Healthcare Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

Applied on school career service website and got pre-selected in two weeks. Back-to-back interview: lasted exactly an hour, 30 mins each with different interviewer. The first lady I talked to work for forensic, not actually healthcare. Asked some general questions, went through the resume, and one behavioral question. When time was up I was guided to another room talking with the healthcare director. Basically he went through the resume again and wanna know why I'm interested in FTI. In the end he emphasized "Do you have any questions for ME". Everyone is nice and approachable, and I really enjoyed talking with them.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about how you managed to settle down a conflict in work.   Answer Question

Corporate Finance Consulting Interview

First round on campus with one analyst. Half Technical Half Behavioral. Second round in office with 3 different MDs. Mostly Behavioral but one or two technicals. Went out to lunch with one of the MDs.

Research Analyst, Economic and Financial Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting in November 2014.

Applied online and completed online numerical test, which is not very difficult and very similar to numerical tests for other companies.  Graphical interpretation and lots of quick calculations of percentage growth, percentage shares, etc.

Was then invited to a first round assessment center.  The majority of the day takes place in a conference room with about 20 other applicants.  This consists of:
    1) a short slideshow presentation in a conference room
    2) 30 minute numerical test with 25 questions.  The questions really aren't complicated, but they really only measure how quickly you can make arithmetic (multiplication/division) calculations with decimals/percentages.  Many of the questions are straightforward "calculate this"-type with only a handful looking at ability to read a graph.  I found this extremely time pressured, and most people did not complete the test (accurately or without guessing at least). You're told before the test that it is not negatively marked and so to answer ALL the questions
    3) 30 minute verbal test with 28 questions.  Standard GRE/GMAT-style questions, with half being inference questions about many smaller pieces and one larger piece and the other half selecting the best way to restate the underlined part of a sentence.
    4) a group case study. Doesn't seem like they really change up the case since it seems similar to what others have said. Case is about the introduction of a lottery to a developing country. You are given a brief to read then given some time to complete a few tasks. First one is to look at what the government might judge proposals on. Second task which is broken up into subtasks is to put together a proposal for your assigned company to run the lottery. You then give a presentation and are asked questions on your presentation.
    5) There's a short lunch after the group case, then a 30 minute writing test where you have to summarize a piece. The piece we were given was about the PoW camp economy and cigarettes as a currency. The instructions are a bit unclear I thought, since all you're told is to summarize.

I found this round to be a bit impersonal. It doesn't seem like they make any effort to get to know the applicants, and at this stage you definitely feel like just a number with some test scores to them. Progressing on to the next stage is entirely dependent on the results of your tests. The next round would have been another assessment center that included interviews and case studies

Interview Questions
    • Numerical test is definitely the hardest part of the day   Answer Question

Macy's Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

On Campus Interview after meeting the recruiters at a Networking Event on campus. The entire process took about 2 weeks. Interview process consisted of one 30-minute behavioral and one 30-minute "case" interview. It was a simple case, and asked you to choose 1 of 5 employees to mentor.

FEDA Interview

On campus interview then when on to Super day interviews. Great people interested in knowing what you're like as a person. There were no case interviews. They had a technical interview that was more focused on your resume and experience.

Finance Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at FTI Consulting.

I first learned about FTI Consulting at a career fair at my school. I got a business card and applied through the university's job listing. I was invited to interview. It was a very basic behavioral interview questions nothing too hard.

Interview Questions
    • It was just behavioral questions but the hardest was, "Why do you think you would fit in at our company?"   View Answer

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at FTI Consulting in October 2014.

Learned of the position through TAMU Engineering Career. Applied online and received an email after a couple weeks to schedule an on-campus interview. I was unable to attend in person, but they allowed me to participate in a 20 minute phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you had to work through a problem.   View Answer

They offered to fly me to Houston for a second interview, but I decided it was better for me to pursue an opportunity that was "real" engineering, where I would actually put my degree to work for a bit. It didn't sound like a bad gig at all down the line though, no technical number crunching, more analytical thinking.

Consultant - FLC/Financial and Enterprise Data Analytics (FEDA) Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting in October 2014.

Was invited to a cocktail hour the night before the interview with the other individuals interviewing. It was a good opportunity to get to know about the company from those that work there. Interview was fairly straightforward. I took the interviewer through my resume and the following questions became very conversational.

Interview Questions
    • Interviewer asked me to expand on a project I had done in the past.   Answer Question

Consultant, Health Solutions- Investigations and Disputes Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting in October 2014.

I applied via my school's career website. I also attended a social held by the firm. I was selected for an on-campus interview. The team was very nice, easy to get along with. The first interview was very relaxed. We went over my resume, discussed my career goals, why I wanted to work for FTI, etc. I was then invited for an in-office interview (Atlanta). This involved a lunch with other applicants and three interviews. All were very relaxed. There is a case study which is usually based on one of their previous projects. They give you a few minutes to review the case then ask you a series of questions. The other interviews involved the typical behavioral interview questions. There were no healthcare specific questions other than the case study.