FTI Consulting Intern Interview Questions

Updated 19 Apr, 2015

2.8

Intern Interview

Interview

First, there was a resume and cover letter drop onto an applicant portal. This was followed by a followup phone call, that served as an initial screening and informational interview. This included basic questions regarding interest in the specific position. This was followed by an in office interview that lasted approximately an hour.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for FTI Consulting

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at FTI Consulting (Boston, MA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

I had an on campus interview that I thought went very well but I was not invited to the super day. It was all behavioral. No technical questions.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting (Boston, MA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

On-Campus recruiting, resume Drop with Cover Letter, on campus interviews within two weeks. The interview was with a recruiting manager from the New York office for the Corporate Finance/Restructuring summer internship.

Interview Questions

• It was an overall awkward experience. I am an Economics major and the recruiter began the interviewer asking what other internships that I was applying for. I think they were only interested in Accounting majors   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting in January 2015.

Interview

Met them at a career fair and was invited to an on-campus interview taking place a week later. After that it was about three or four weeks before they made their decision.

Interview Questions

• Asked me to solve a problem on the white board, asked other questions about projects I worked on and how I went about them   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

I applied through campus recruiting and received an email letting me know I had an interview on campus in the coming week. The first round interview was held at the campus career center. I met with one of the managing directors and had a 30 minute interview that was pretty informal. The questions were mostly behavior, but there were one or two analytical ones.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at FTI Consulting in March 2014.

Interview

Came across the job posting via my university's recruiting website. Applied online and was emailed back about a week later regarding an on campus interview. Interviewed with 2 recruiters at the same time. Both seemed like very friendly and intelligent people.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

Applied through school career website, get interview notice and then scheduled on campus interview.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

On Campus Interview - very casual 2 half hour interview with directors at various offices. No case questions; this interview is purely behavioral/fit. Interview also helped clarify job function as intern since the website and description on the career site were not very clear. Would advise doing research on the company before going into the interview

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

Writing sample and three back-to-back interviews. Everyone was extremely nice, so the interviews weren't too bad.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a co-worker who wasn't doing his/her fair share of the work. What did you do and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cape Town (South Africa)

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting (Cape Town (South Africa)).

Interview

Though they were not actively recruiting at the time, I sent through my CV and a cover letter and then followed up with a phone call. They admired my tenacity and asked me to come through for an interview. The process just involved an informal conversation with the HR management where I was asked what I understood about the company and my experience.

Interview Questions

• There were no really difficult questions because they all involved fit questions.   Answer Question