FCB Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 1, 2014
61 interviews

2.8

Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FCB.

Initially spoke to an HR representative at a college career fair. Was emailed by this person to schedule a phone interview, which went well. They asked the normal questions (your three best traits, favorite class, etc). Kept in semi-regular email contact as well, where I was assigned a (pretty difficult) assignment.

Interview Questions
    • "What are your two most favorite and hated advertisements most recently seen?" Difficult because of all the options and the nuances of the answer.   Answer Question

Associate Medical Director Interview

multiple interviews. writing test. refused reimbursement for travel from out of town for interviews.

low salary

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at FCB in February 2012.

4 Interviews,
    HR - A Senior Executive ascertains basic information and profile integrity
    Servicing VP Technical - Understands capabilities and perspective of previous experience
    Servicing CEO Cultural - Basic outlook on work, expectations and aspirations, fit,

Interview Questions
    Not much. Advertising is an industry with relatively high attrition. Service levels are virtually non negotiable without prior experience and a bias of recency and standard industry increments

Junior Front-End Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Tallinn (Estonia)
    Anonymous Employee in Tallinn (Estonia)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FCB.

Probably the interview will be made with one employee from HR and one from development area. The questions are easy but you have to know everything they are asking, that would be acessibility, validation and so on.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do to make a blind person have the same interaction of the normal user?   Answer Question

Proofreader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I interviewed through a staffing agency - interviewed at FCB in April 2009.

I was initially hired on through a temporary services agency (have always been freelance).

N/A

Senior Business Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at FCB in October 2010.

Meet with HR first, and then with future supervisor and three other members of the team.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at FCB in January 2009.

Friend of a friend notified me of the position. I interviewed with 4 people.

Interview Questions
    • What's the most difficult client conversation you have ever had? How did you manage it?   Answer Question
    I was called immediately after the final interview to say I had an offer. I went in asking for a certain number and it was met. Excitement all around.

Account Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at FCB in March 2011.

Submitted resume directly to HR contact on LinkedIn. Was reached out to a few weeks later. Had a 30 minute interview via Skype and was told decision a few weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me when you knew you wanted to go into advertising.   Answer Question
    No negotiating. Just a flat rate for all interns.

Assistant Media Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Madison, WI (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at FCB in February 2012.

The interview was conducted via skype, which was very uncomfortable. The lighting in the person's office who conducted the interview was awkward, making it hard to see their face and interact with them. For this reason, a phone interview would have been better because I wouldn't have been intuitively relying on non-verbal ques as expected with skype. The interviewer also wasn't particularly friendly or interested in interviewing me.

Interview Questions
    • Describe an advertiser that you think has effective media implementation   Answer Question

SEO Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 months - interviewed at FCB.

Hiring process for this position was actually a promotion. I reached out in an effort to build an SEO offering for Draftfcb in Chicago.

I was met with general enthusiasm, but was essentially put to a trial by fire. My first task, pre-promotion was to run a SERM campaign for the company. When success metrics were being met, and all top brass were satisfied, they gave me the job.

Interview Questions
    • In this case, there weren't any tough or unexpected questions. Though, the toughest bit about this process was keeping very high-level executives informed and educated on what the processes, timeframes, and expected outcomes were to be.   Answer Question
    Simple- I accepted the promotion in a meeting setup with my original and new supervisor. The raise was fairly substantial.