FAA Interview Questions

Updated 20 Apr, 2015

2.5

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at FAA.

Interview

Professional attire and questions concerning position of interest. HR sometimes has problems deciphering resumes and transcripts. You have to stay on top of them to assure problems are resolved.

Interview Questions

• What kind of experience do you have working with software?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at FAA in April 2015.

Interview

Simple submission via USAJobs. Uploaded all documents, i.e. Resume, FAA Certificates and Medical, etc... I was called 3 days after being referred, and interviewed one week later. My interview had 10 questions of a general nature, nothing very technical.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had a disagreement with a co-worker, how you solved the issue, and was it a positive outcome.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at FAA.

Interview

Apply online at USAjobs.gov then waited for a long time. Received a call for a phone interview. They ask why i applied for the job, what do i expect, then they ask a couple of questions regarding the job specifics.

Interview Questions

• They ask about national issue, regulation, and policies.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at FAA.

Interview

Got a interview call from FAA after almost year for applying for this post. Interview was pretty straight forward. No tricky questions, all behavioral type of questions. Interview was one hour long. I was told to hear back from them in around 30 days if i get selected.

Air Traffic Controller Interview

Interview

Very arbitrary hiring process. Sometimes they will hire off the street. Other times they will require a degree in air traffic control from one of their designated colleges. If you do get placed on the hiring list, you might have to wait a very long time. Last time I checked, they weren't letting you pick a geographical area.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work a 24/7 schedule?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at FAA.

Interview

Very difficult. You go through a series of 3 interviews. It's almost like its for a real job, but it's only temporary. It's also a panel interview so it can be very intimidating. Since it's a government job, I can understand why they took this approach.

Air Traffic Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Binghamton, NY (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at FAA (Binghamton, NY (US)).

Interview

The interview process includes a psychiatric questionnaire, a drug test and a background check. All of this takes an inordinate amount of time. The interview itself is conducted by the local air traffic manager and isn't extremely important to the hiring process. It does help you get a feel for the job and the expectations if you are hired.

Interview Questions

• The actual interview isn't difficult nor is it really as important as passing the AT-SAT exam and making the hiring list. It's more of a formality.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiations involved. If you're lucky enough to be offered a position, you will be told where you are going to work and expected to pay your own move to that location.

Aerospace Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at FAA.

Interview

This Interview Process was pretty standard. I applied online and heard back a few weeks after. We set up a phone interview which lasted about 45-60 minutes. The structure was basic; they asked typical behavioral questions. After this, the interviewer and I kept in touch as they were going through the decision making process.

Interview Questions

• The questions weren't all that difficult. An example would be: Explain a time where you lead a team of more than 10 people.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at FAA.

Interview

ask questions about c sharp, n-tier. 2 people interview you. Then they call you 3-4 weeks later to let you know you got the job. They are not in any hurry. Trust me.

Negotiation

no negotionaations

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashua, NH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at FAA (Nashua, NH (US)) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied through the UNH career board. Interviewed with two different engineers, they read their questions off prepared sheets and took notes. The questions were general engineer interview questions, how do you solve problems, tell me about project work, how do you work in a team. They said at the end of the interview they would contact me regardless of whether I would get an offer or not, but they unsurprisingly never followed through. It went very well but I never even got an email.