Eze Software Interview Questions

Updated Sep 10, 2014
Updated Sep 10, 2014

3.1

QA Leadership Development Program Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Eze Software in June 2013.

I applied through Craigslist and received an email the next day for a phone interview. The phone interview was very short (lasted only 12 minutes). The recruiter asked why I was interested in financial software, consulting, and eze. She didn't ask me any questions about my previous experiences so I thought I wouldn't be moving on. But I got an email for a round 1 interview a few days later. Before the first round interview, I had to fill out a very long form called Online Questions with questions such as what are your 3 biggest strengths/weaknesses, describe a time when you took initiative, etc. Definitely allow yourself a few hours to fill out this form because they will use these questions and answers to interview you.

The first round interview consists of three 45-minute interviews with someone from QA and two from connectivity. The one from QA asked two logic questions which were posted on here. Do your research beforehand so it doesn't catch you off guard. Like I said before, the interview questions are based on the form your filled out prior to the interview. Some of the interesting questions I got from the other two interviewers were "tell me something that's not on your resume" and "if you make a mistake in front of a client, how would you handle the situation?"

I didn't hear back for a week and decided to follow up and I was invited for the second round interview. This time, I met with people in senior positions from the QA side. I was given two logic question that weren't posted here but I worked my way through the problem. During this round, the interviewers focused more on my interests and why I am interested in the financial software industry.

I didn't hear back for a week and decided to contact them again. I didn't get a response until 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about us?
      Logic questions:
      match and 2 string
      how to get 4 people across a bridge in 17 minutes
      feather game: you have 11 feathers and you and a friend take turns removing 3, 2, or 1 feathers. The goal is to leave the opponent with 1 feather. How many would you remove in the first turn to guarantee a win?
        Answer Question

Junior Software Developer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Eze Software in March 2012.

One phone interview on OO concepts. One technical on site interview was much on the resume and some coding skills

Leadership Development Program/QA Analyst & Connectivity Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

The position was posted on my college's career services network. I applied for the program on Eze's website about 2 weeks before the deadline. A week later, I received an email from someone who I assumed was a recruitment manager scheduling an 30 minute phone interview. The interviewer called me 15 minutes late on the day of the interview, introduced herself to me, and proceeded to ask me a series of basic get-to-know-you type questions. I had no idea how the interview went - the woman didn't sound like she was smiling or even really engaged in our conversation. I thought several times that she might ask a follow up question about something I had just said, but she just moved right on to the next question and didn't seem to follow any logical order. The phone interview kind of turned me off to the firm - it seemed way too impersonal, as though I was just another name to interview and they didn't really care one way or another how it went. The interview lasted probably less than 20 minutes out of the allotted 30.

I received an email about a week later from the same woman who had originally emailed me (not the phone interviewer) telling me that they would like to set up a 1-hour Skype interview. I gave them my user ID and this time they called in right on time. The two guys who interviewed me were extremely nice. They had both come through the LDP, but they worked at the NY office, not the Boston one that I was interviewing for. I spoke with each for about 20-25 minutes. They asked me a series of behavioral type questions and, since I don't have a technical or software-based background, asked me what drew me to apply for Eze and what I hoped to accomplish in 3-5 years as a result of coming through the LDP. I asked them questions about what they loved about Eze and what they had done before coming to the firm. When they both told me that they'd never worked anywhere else, it seemed to me that accepting a position in the LDP with Eze would mean being with the firm for a significant amount of time and not being in contact with clients or many other people for a large chunk of it. Although the two young men who interviewed me seemed very happy in their positions with Eze, I hung up the Skype call not sure if I actually wanted the position anymore. If you're looking for a program that will give you a foothold into long-term and growth-oriented employment with the firm, then this is the right program for you.

Interview Questions
    • Please tell us exactly what it is that our software helps people to accomplish and why you feel that we provide a valuable service to our clients.   View Answer

Software Developer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Eze Software in April 2013.

Very slow, have to follow up several times to schedule the interview. Had 2 telephonic interviews covering resume and ood concepts. Then a final Onsite Interview , totally 3 rounds 45 minutes each. All simple straight forward programming questions like reversing an integer array , occurance of a number in an array , design a lottery system

Software Developer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Eze Software in May 2013.

First had a phone interview with basic programming question and some object oriented programming concepts, quite easy

Second round was on-site 3 hours, focused on object oriented programming

Interview Questions
    • Not so difficult questions if you are well versed with object oriented programing   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Eze Software.

Interview was all standard behavioral questions. HR representatives were professional. Overall the process went smoothly. I had applied online and was contacted within a week or two. I was not really very interested in the position and it showed, so I was not invited for an in-person interview.

Senior Software Developer Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Eze Software.

3 Interviewers, basic questions.
    Interview started with questions on background and then continued to technical questions

Leadership Program Interview

Good Cop / Bad Cop Triple Interview

Consulting Training - Eze Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Eze Software in March 2013.

First and only interview was a phone interview. Interviewer seemed irritated, and the process seemed very rushed- only lasted about 10 minutes of a supposed 30!

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Eze Software in April 2013.

- Began with simple initial phone interview about interest and skills
    - First round interview: meet with 2 people from Connectivity and 1 from QA through conversation and series of logic questions
    - Second round interview: meet with only people from QA to talk about skills as they pertain to job and more logic questions
    - Impersonal email (filled with grammatical errors) was sent to me a week later saying I did not get an offer

Interview Questions
    • - Prep for logic questions!
      - You have no prior experience in tech, so why choose Eze?
        Answer Question