Eze Software Interview Questions

Updated 26 Oct, 2014
Updated 26 Oct, 2014

3.1

Leadership Development Program Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Eze Software.

I interviewed in January 2014. The first interview was a 30 minute phone interview and asked me basic questions such as why I chose the company and mostly questions based off of my resume and work experiences. The second interview was an hour and a half time frame interviewing with three different people. A lot of the questions they asked were why I wanted to work for Eze, what I knew about the company and the products it had to offer, etc. They also asked a set of behavioral questions about my work experiences.

Interview Questions
    • What do I know about the products the company has to offer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Eze Software in April 2014.

I applied through their careers page in February and got an email from HR to schedule for a phone interview. The HR representative called 30 minutes late, was rude and I felt like I was being rushed off. Basic questions about resume and why Eze. He explained what LDP is to me which was, as I found later on, actually very different from the actual program tracks. Said that the next round of interviews will be a Skype interview, which I found weird considering that I live in the Boston area. I got an email the next day inviting me to the Boston office for an in-person interview. I felt like the HR department, at this point, was quite disorganized and not in sync with the whole company in general.

I met 1:1 with three different managers, 2 from Connectivity and 1 from QA, which are both LDP tracks that are based in Boston. Basic questions: why did you pick your major, why Eze, why the financial technology sector, why should we hire you, why finance. The connectivity track required a few months of overnight shifts to support APAC clients. One of the interviewers was focused on case questions, and this is where if you are not a business major, you're basically screwed. He asked about business and operational procedures, which I don't know much about as I am not a business major. Two interviewers asked me 3 logic questions each.

I found it odd that all 3 managers have not worked anywhere else but Eze and all graduated from the development program. They've all worked at Eze for a while, ranging from 5-8 years. The LDP is designed to churn out 'business consultants', which to be quite frank, sounded like a hybrid of a sales/relationship manager. If this is what you're looking for, this program is for you. I believe that going through the program locks you into the company because you get so specialized in their products and business operations that it's hard to really market yourself for a job elsewhere.

Interview Questions
    • - Logic questions: 2 strings and a match, golf balls, gold bags filled with real and fake gold coins, 4 people on a bridge, lightbulbs and switches, how many text messages are sent a year, 8 golf balls
      - A few different case questions about how you would improve business or organizational processes with technology
        Answer Question

Automation Development Co-op Interview

interviewed at Eze Software in April 2014.

I read about bad management of interview candidates in this company, but i never thought it would happen to me. So heres what happened.

Was scheduled for first round of phone interview. Then got an email about 3 hours before the interview that the engineer was not available that day, the interview was rescheduled the next week. There was no call from the interviewer at the scheduled time, neither was there any email from them. I sent them an email asking for updates, a few minutes later I get an email from HR saying the requisition was filled.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Eze Software in April 2014.

Initial phone interview asking basic questions about experience and resume. Waiting to hear back.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Eze Software in March 2014.

Only had a phone interview and did not get any response from them. interview is very easy with simple object oriented questions . concentrated on OOPS concepts. abstract, encapsulation.,polymorphism, inheritance

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Eze Software in March 2014.

I met with two employees at my university's career fair. About a week later I had a phone interview. They were about 20 minutes late with the call which was frustrating and unprofessional. After that, they set up an interview at the office. Spoke with 3 managers (1 QA, 2 Connectivity, I believe). Each one sounded pretty miserable and not super friendly. They asked typical behavioral questions and then 2 of them asked brain teasers. I really think they try to make themselves seem more legit than they are with these brain teasers. The program seemed very specific to their company. They also mentioned multiple times that at the end of the program a position as a business consultant is not guaranteed. This was a big red flag for me as it essentially meant that I could be out of a job in 2 years if they didn't have any openings to throw me into. I would not recommend this position anyone unless they are determined to do tech support for some reason.

Interview Questions
    • Brain teasers: figuring out how long 45 min is with two ropes and a lighter, getting 4 people across a bridge in 17 minutes.
      Behavioral: "What is your biggest weakness? Ok, and what is another big weakness?"
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Eze Software.

The company does an initial phone interview screen which is fairly basic. This is followed up (if they like you) with an in person interview at their office at your expense. Then if you get passed that stage there is 2nd round interview.

Systems Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Eze Software.

Applied via job portals, got a call from Boston based HR. First round was kind of fluctuating as the interviewer was asking some irrelevant questions. Overally the interview was good and got the call for face to face round. Interview was straight forward and gone well. There was another face to face round with same interviewer and few other folks. Finally there was a director level interview without many questions..

HR round was around salary negotiations was not tough though because expectation was communicated well before.
    Finally got the job offer.

3 rounds + 1 HR round

Interview Questions
    • The process was quite smooth and up to the expectations of an experienced hire.   Answer Question

Connectivity Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Eze Software in February 2014.

On campus interview, 2 behavioral 30 minute interviews with 2 logic questions a piece. Otherwise straight behavioral. In office, 4 interviews lasting about 2 hours in total. Logic questions in each one with primarily behavioral otherwise. Focus on what they desire- solving problems and communication skills

Other job opportunity

Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Eze Software in February 2014.

Applied through Campus website. Called about three weeks later to do a phone interview. A few weeks after the phone interview I was moved on to a Skype interview with two managers. This was an awful idea. The connection was terrible on their end. They asked me a bunch of ridiculous questions - mostly behavioral. I then had an interview in their Chicago office, which is in a nice location, but the office itself is dark and desolate. During the in-person interview I met with three people. All of them had their phones out and were receiving text messages while I was trying to interview. They were mostly uninterested in what I had to say. A couple weeks later I received an offer. The pay is just okay for the area I'd be required to live in. I was mostly turned off after learning about what the job entails and ended up declining.

This job is mostly tech support. If that's your thing then this COULD be for you. If you don't want to be tech support, run away. You really don't need a business degree to do this job from what I understood.

Interview Questions

They really fool you with the whole "leadership development program" nonsense.