Eze Software

Updated 15 Nov, 2014
Updated 15 Nov, 2014

3.1

Associate Systems Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Eze Software.

Applied online and was contacted by HR recruiter, talked more in depth about my resume. From there, setup an in person interview a couple of days later and met one on one with two managers. Again asked mostly personal experience questions as well as company questions and two logic questions to figure out thought process.

Interview Questions
    • Lots of questions on what they do, some logic questions   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Eze Software.

The interview was Okay, the interviewer was easy to talk with which made it easier for me to share my interests with him. Mostly asked about my projects and a few java questions. Nothing too difficult.

Leadership Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Eze Software.

I applied through my university career website and was then contacted for a phone interview. The phone interview was fairly general and the recruiter was very nice. I was contacted soon after about setting up either a skype interview or an in-person interview at the Chicago office. The in-person interview consisted of two directors interviewing me for about 30 minutes each. I do not think I got the job because of my lack of software experience and because it was towards the end of their recruitment timeline.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most innovative software you have had experience with?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Eze Software.

Applied through my university. Got a response almost instantly and scheduled a phone interview. The phone interview was very quick and easy. He just explained what the company was about and a little about the leadership development program. He wasn't able to answer too many of my questions. Then, I was asked to schedule an in-person interview. It was 3 30 minute interviews with people from QA and Connectivity Consulting. Each person was a little different but generally went through my background and usually asked a brain-teaser or two. Most of the brain-teasers were very common ones and I had either seen them in previous reviews or on the internet. I got selected to move on in the QA analyst role and interview with higher-ups but I declined the invitation. It doesn't seem like so much of a development program as it does glorified tech-support. I can see it being a good program if you really want to become a business consultant for them (which people do after 1.5 years) but I didn't think the program itself would help me gain any interesting skills. The people seemed generally very nice though and reasonably happy with their jobs.

Interview Questions
    • I got 3 brain teasers. I got two that I was able to get (identifying fake gold coin and weighing golf balls) and one that I struggled with. You have a castle that is 100 by 100. Their is a rectangular moat around it that is 10 feet wide. You have two 8 foot planks. How do you get across?   View Answer

Was invited to come in for a final interview but declined.

Systems Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Eze Software.

The processing time was very fast. I just had an initial phone interview with a human resources representative. The questions were pretty basic and behavioral. I got an offer for a second interview in person with the technical and administrative team. However, when I informed them that I might be requiring a sponsorship, they cancelled the second interview.

Intern Interview

Whole process took about 2 months after I applied to hear back and interview. Pretty standard interview questions

Interview Questions
    • None, all were just about my resume and past experiences   Answer Question

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Eze Software in May 2014.

interviewed with 3 people - very serious and straighfoward interview. most interesting part was the brain teasers. you should know your resume like the back of your hand because they ask you to talk about certain bullets. make sure you have a serious interest before going in

Leadership Development Program Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Eze Software.

I interviewed in January 2014. The first interview was a 30 minute phone interview and asked me basic questions such as why I chose the company and mostly questions based off of my resume and work experiences. The second interview was an hour and a half time frame interviewing with three different people. A lot of the questions they asked were why I wanted to work for Eze, what I knew about the company and the products it had to offer, etc. They also asked a set of behavioral questions about my work experiences.

Interview Questions
    • What do I know about the products the company has to offer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Eze Software in April 2014.

I applied through their careers page in February and got an email from HR to schedule for a phone interview. The HR representative called 30 minutes late, was rude and I felt like I was being rushed off. Basic questions about resume and why Eze. He explained what LDP is to me which was, as I found later on, actually very different from the actual program tracks. Said that the next round of interviews will be a Skype interview, which I found weird considering that I live in the Boston area. I got an email the next day inviting me to the Boston office for an in-person interview. I felt like the HR department, at this point, was quite disorganized and not in sync with the whole company in general.

I met 1:1 with three different managers, 2 from Connectivity and 1 from QA, which are both LDP tracks that are based in Boston. Basic questions: why did you pick your major, why Eze, why the financial technology sector, why should we hire you, why finance. The connectivity track required a few months of overnight shifts to support APAC clients. One of the interviewers was focused on case questions, and this is where if you are not a business major, you're basically screwed. He asked about business and operational procedures, which I don't know much about as I am not a business major. Two interviewers asked me 3 logic questions each.

I found it odd that all 3 managers have not worked anywhere else but Eze and all graduated from the development program. They've all worked at Eze for a while, ranging from 5-8 years. The LDP is designed to churn out 'business consultants', which to be quite frank, sounded like a hybrid of a sales/relationship manager. If this is what you're looking for, this program is for you. I believe that going through the program locks you into the company because you get so specialized in their products and business operations that it's hard to really market yourself for a job elsewhere.

Interview Questions
    • - Logic questions: 2 strings and a match, golf balls, gold bags filled with real and fake gold coins, 4 people on a bridge, lightbulbs and switches, how many text messages are sent a year, 8 golf balls
      - A few different case questions about how you would improve business or organizational processes with technology
        Answer Question

Automation Development Co-op Interview

interviewed at Eze Software in April 2014.

I read about bad management of interview candidates in this company, but i never thought it would happen to me. So heres what happened.

Was scheduled for first round of phone interview. Then got an email about 3 hours before the interview that the engineer was not available that day, the interview was rescheduled the next week. There was no call from the interviewer at the scheduled time, neither was there any email from them. I sent them an email asking for updates, a few minutes later I get an email from HR saying the requisition was filled.