ExxonMobil Interview Questions

Updated 17 Apr, 2015

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil (Gainesville, FL (US)).

Interview

All behavioral questions, funny enough. The most technical thing they asked me was about my previous internship experience. I went to the mix and greet dinner the night before, and everyone working there seemed EXTREMELY happy BUT preoccupied with how much money they were making there.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult challenge you've had to overcome?   Answer Question

SSSHE Supervisor Interview

Interview

Panel interview all day; most of the time questions related with safety culture; zero incidents; none gets hurt. focus on understanding safety culture and service excellence; great opportunity for any person wanting to learn on how to properly learn how a safety culture needs to work; strong focus on process management from administrative to facilties.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Smooth

MBA Inern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

Typical behavioral based questions. Be prepared to go into great detail regarding the task that was assigned and the action taken to fix the problem. Not many questions based on school work or campus involvement. If selected for a second interview, they will fly you out to their headquarters in Houston to continue the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Explain a task where you were put in charge of your peers. What was the biggest challenged you faced?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

Interviews conducted in graduate department at university. Interviewer was very friendly and shared helpful information about the company. The interview questions were a combination of behavioral and work experience/interest questions, none of which were unexpected or particularly difficult.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in which a disagreement on a project required you to adapt and change your approach.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

Very quick to let me know I had an interview after I passed my online assessments. The recruitment team were very helpful and always responded to questions quickly. It took about a month after my interview to hear back with confirmation.

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

I interviewed at my college campus and got a call about three weeks later for a phone screen. After the phone screen, I was invited to interview at one of their refineries. Everyone I interacted with along the way was very nice, interested in what I had to say, and incredibly intelligent.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were working with someone that was insistent on doing something you did not believe was right. What did you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, their offer and benefits were incredible.

Engineering Interview

Application

Interview

I applied with campus recruiting and had an on-campus interview. The interview was lengthy, about an hour long, and consisted mostly of behavioral questions and elaborating on things listed in my resume. I heard back from them in about two weeks.

Interview Questions

• No question was excessively difficult, it is useful to know the S.T.A.R. method for approaching the behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Customer Service Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at ExxonMobil (Philadelphia, PA (US)).

Interview

Interview process was intense so be prepared. Lots of questions such as "give me a time when..." Prepare plenty of situational stories that show your ability to lead others, teach or train, persuade, etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were able to influence someone to do something they did not want to do?   Answer Question

Global Real Estate and Facilities (GREF) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spring, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil (Spring, TX (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

Several recruiters came to my colleges career fair. I got an in campus interview and got an email 13 days later saying I made it through to the next round and somebody would reach out to me. 19 days later somebody reached out to me scheduling a phone interview. This took place the same day and was really like a phone screening to make sure I didn't get this far by accident. I was told on the phone I made it through to a business line interview and somebody would reach out to me. 3 days later my big phone interview was scheduled. The phone interview was laid back but fairly difficult and lasted an hour. 6 days later I was called down to Houston and was flown down a week from then. They take VERY good care of their candidates, and I don't want to spoil the surprise.

The interview in Houston was long and intense, I won't lie, but all of the questions were valid. Everybody was very kind, especially Karen.

I got a call 45 minutes after I left the interview telling me I got the job and to expect an email shortly. The compensation is very fair.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No need to negotiate.

Research Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

I applied through university and got an on-campus interview. The interview took about 1 hour. Most of questions were behavior questions like how you deal with difficult persons in your group. The interviewer was very nice and informative. She told me if I got accepted to the next round it will be an full day onside interview. And it may take few weeks before I heard back from them. So I am still waiting.