ExxonMobil Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 14, 2014
Updated Aug 14, 2014
264 interviews

Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Mostly behavior questions on campus, then technical questions on phone later.

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at ExxonMobil in March 2011.

They came to the career fair at my university. I got selected to go to the first round of interviews. They look for experience, and ask questions how past experience or past situations and how you dealt with it. There were three different people interviewing during the interview. They would all ask questions.

Chemical Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Job was listed on University's career website where I applied during my senior year.
    There was an on campus interview followed by a brief telephone informal interview. I was invited to worksite interview during the phone call.
    Onsite interview was done by 5 Engineers with different levels of experience.
    It took a whole day to get through all the interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly behavioral questions related to how one fits in a team.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiations

Cataloging Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

There was no interview. Kelly Services found me on CareerBuilder and hired me.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. I got hired for a cheap $12 an hour... they worked me like crazy and eventually I moved up to $15.

Refinery Process Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Trecate (Italy)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trecate (Italy)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil in November 2013.

The overall process took something like 1 month. I had first of all a personality interview/test than I was called back 1 week later to take part in another set of interviews in the Trecate Refinery. Two weeks later I had a full day of interwievs (part in english and part in italian) at the refiney with maangers and engineers. Some interviews were just about yourself and you personality, some itnerviews more problem solving type and more focused on your technical background

Interview Questions
    • Explain in detail how a refinery works and the chemical processes involved   Answer Question
    No negotiation, the salary and benefits are really good

Network Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

interviewed as contractor, so it might be different for full time employees, one round.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing, if you know your stuff its a straight forward interview   Answer Question
    NA

Marketing Consultant Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at ExxonMobil in January 2014.

I was excited about this interview, as my skills seemed like a perfect match for this position. The phone interview was with two people, and they explained their positions and roles. The first question they asked was about my education. I spoke about that. Then they asked me about my work history; I was 10 minutes into that when they interrupted me and said that my education was not sufficient and they would be in touch with the recruiter.
    Frankly, my education may not have been enough for them, however, they clearly did not read my resume. Any questions and concerns they had should have been addressed prior to the phone interview, and not in the middle of it. That being said, I have to respect the fact that they were very upfront when they realized their oversight, and did not string me along. Still, it was disappointing as I could have nailed that job.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Raleigh, NC (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2013.

Really strait forward. Standard questions

Interview Questions

I needed to take a class during the summer

Upstream Research Scientist Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2013.

Meet the recruitment team at campus career fair and submitted my resume. Got phone call for a on campus interview. A research scientist interviewed me for 30 minuets. Most of them are behavior based question. Asked me questions on my resume and past projects.

Interview Questions
    • Behavior based questions.
      Describe a problems you encountered in the past and how did you handle it.
      If your current research funding is cut what would you do?
        Answer Question

Chemical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baton Rouge, LA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2013.

Dropped my resume off at our campus career fair. Received a call and scheduled an on campus interview with one of their recruiters. Basic behavioral interview that lasted approximately one hour. The majority of the interview was spend discussing my prior internships, extra curricular activities, and research. Received a call about a week later and scheduled an on site interview for the following week. The on site interview included five interviews: two behavioral with supervisors, one technical with a technical expert, one with HR, and one with an executive. The whole day ran from about 7-2 including lunch with new hires and breakfast with a host. Received an offer two days later. The whole process took about 3 weeks from initial interview to offer letter.

Interview Questions
    • Explain periods of unemployment or lack of involvement in organizations. What were you doing during that time?   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate because compensation was far superior to competition.