ExxonMobil Interview Questions

Updated 27 Sep, 2014
Updated 27 Sep, 2014

2.9

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Beaumont, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaumont, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Flown to Beaumont, TX for an interview. HR was great taking care of all the accommodations. Interview was a full day. Talked to potential co-workers as well as potential direct supervisor and his boss. Fairly technical questions and why I wanted to move to Beaumont, etc. Thought I was a shoo-in since I have family in Beaumont, and really, who wants to move to Beaumont? However, did not get job offer.

Project Engineer/Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at ExxonMobil in April 2014.

I had a screening interview at a prior military hiring conference. The interview lasted 45 minutes starting with me telling about myself. The interviewer did most of the talking and me asking most of the questions. One month later they contacted me for a follow up interview. Another month later the follow up interview process started. First, I had dinner with two Project Engineers the evening before the interviews. On the actual interview day, I had breakfast with Project Engineers as they were explained the benefits to me. The remainder of the day was back to back interviews with several people. Since I already have work experience, the interview questions were geared more towards my past work history and background. My final interview ended with the interviewer telling me that an offer will be sent. Two weeks later, I received the official offer.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to leave your current company to work for us?   View Answer
    • What salary are you looking for?   Answer Question
    They offered more than what I was asking for.

Sales Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Took about a month from the initial interview. Asked a ton of behavioral based interview. They really want to see if you are a good fit for the company. The way the company operates is that they don't want to hire you for a job but a career. So make sure you know your resume front and back and can speak articulately about your experiences.

Gas and Power Marketing-Graduate Scheme Interview

Online tests and phone interview

Interview Questions
    • What did you do when you had to give negative feedback to someone   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

The hiring process was as follows 1. on site career fair interview 2. phone call interview3. on site. It is a typical behavioral interview. Exxon Mobil specifically looks for engineers with social and leadership skills with a high willingness to travel to generally anywhere. They will test you on all of these fronts.

Interview Questions
    • Typical behavioral question: Name a time when you had to work with a difficult person. How did you handle it and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Easy as can be. Asked very basic questions. Why do you want to work here? What can you bring to this company that others can not?

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Prague (Czech Republic)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prague (Czech Republic)

interviewed at ExxonMobil in March 2014.

The hiring process was great just the typical contracting processes, and the interview was really nice very nice people very humanic, I felt very comfortable with them, you get a couple of questions in different situations and should answer them based of your experience of life, could be at job, school anything.

Interview Questions
    • Maybe if in my last someone did not like my job, what I did.   View Answer

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Antwerp (Belgium)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Antwerp (Belgium)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at ExxonMobil in March 2014.

The interview took place at the antwerp refinery. Basic interview questions were asked to see if I have the right attitude to work for exxon. Why exxon? Give a situation in life where you had to make a tough decision? Have you also applied somewhere else? Are you a good team-player, show with an example. interview took 40 minutes

Interview Questions
    • set up a mathematical formula for the number of diagonals in polygon.   Answer Question

Entry Level Chemical Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Had a first round interview on campus. Interviewed at a plant about 2.5 weeks later. Had four interviews at the plant, including one technical interview.

Told me they'd call me back in two weeks to let me know either way. Never heard back. Had to contact my on-campus interviewer to see where I stood. Never sent me my reimbursement back.

Interview Questions
    • During the technical interview, my programming proficiency was tested. Interviewer handed me a piece of white paper and told me to write a program that did ________.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Mostly behavior questions on campus, then technical questions on phone later.