ExxonMobil Interview Questions

Updated 29 Oct, 2014
Updated 29 Oct, 2014

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Two rounds of interviews, second round is an office visit. You meet a lot of people, all of which are very friendly. They love talking about their experience. Have questions ready for them.

IPS - Industrial Placement Scheme Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil.

CV submission
    difficult numerical test - SHL
    Phone interview
    face-to-face competency-based interview - this is were it all comes down to, all they look for is a confident leader, radiate calmness and confidence

Process Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Applied for a position online. Was phoned up for an interview a few weeks after a networking session. General questions were asked regarding specific information included in the curriculum vitae, so be sure to be familiar with whatever stuff you included. Interviewers were generally friendly and informative. Whole process was enjoyable for the first round.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2014.

Talk to them at my school's career fair, then set up and interview. Interviewer was very relaxed and friendly. Went over my resume briefly, then asked general behavioral questions. Each interviewer had a 4 pages of questions and picked one per page to write about. Focused on leadership and autonomy

Interview Questions
    • Name a time that you initiated a project and lead throughout?   Answer Question

Technical Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ExxonMobil.

I went to career fair and got an interview a few weeks later. The interviewer was very nice. Make sure to attend the informationals. The interview is event based and will focus mostly on how you handled jobs in the past.

Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ExxonMobil.

I initially spoke with them at a university career fair. They tell you upfront that relocation to Texas is probably required, but I told the recruiters that I was definitely open to travel, so I applied online and was invited to interview a few days later. My first interview was held on campus, and should I be selected for the next round, I would interview with a specific site leading to the final round of all day interviews. The guy who interviewed me was clearly exhausted but still friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Can you tell us about a time you worked in a group and your team members were not contributing and how you personally handled that situation?   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

The interview consisted of a thorough background explanation and then a series of behavioral questions. My interviewer had a specific amount of time to interview me and only had about three questions that they had to have answered. There were no technical questions at all. The only technicalities discussed were during my explanation of my experience.

Chemical Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at ExxonMobil.

Went to a career fair my university hosted and gave them my resume. I applied on the career center website and the ExxonMobil website. I got an interview 2 weeks later. The interview was pleasant but I had an ominous feeling about it as soon as I walked in.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you were promised a resource and did not get it. How did you continue the project without the resource?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil.

Originated at career fair. Was told that if I was chosen for an interview I would receive an email THAT NIGHT in which I would be given further instructions about attending their info sessions the next day. At the end of the info session they gave everyone their interview dates, times, and interviewer name. The interview was on campus. Standard behavioral type questions with a couple 'getting to know you' questions thrown in. If you prepare, it's not difficult. Was told at the end of that interview that I would receive an email in a week or so that let me know I made it to the second round or not. If so, it would be a phone interview. I'm still waiting on the email as of now.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you had difficulty getting someone in your group to do as you asked.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2014.

Met the recruiter at university career fair. Got called that evening to set up an interview next day on campus. The interviewer was friendly and polite. Questions were mostly on my PhD research. All questions we based on the resume. No behavioral questions. Last 5-10 minutes were for the Q&A session. I was told that if selected for the onsite interview I would be contacted in a week or so via email.