ExxonMobil

Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service
Moncton, NB

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2010.

Interview Details Interview was oriented to find the skills that the perfect candidate would need , I didnt have the skill but I had the background so I was hired

Interview Question – why would you take such a boring job ?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Credit Analyst Interview

Credit Analyst
Saint John, NB

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at ExxonMobil in January 2010.

Interview Details 1 interview that lasted for 3 hours. All the questions are behavioral based questions like tell me one time when you had to make a risky decision and how it turned out...

Interview Question – behavioral typed questions.. tell me how you dealt with a difficult co-worker   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview Details I applied for an on-campus interview through the campus career services site during the annual recruitment and interview period. Met recruiter in person during scheduled interview days in student union. Duration was about one half hour, fairly typical one on one interview setup except for the approach the recruiter took.

Interview Question – The recruiter essentially just looked at my resume and picked things to ask me about; but focused on more minor extracurricular activities rather than on the relevant experience that I had. Differed from the typical behavioral interview in that I wasn't able to pick the best examples from all my experiences to answer questions, but was forced to discuss the topics that the recruiter chose.   Answer Question

Startegic Planning Department -- Informational Interview -- Not for Any Specific Job Opening Interview

I applied through another source - interviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2013.

Interview Details The interview was on the phone. It was very polite and followed structured questions set by the company. There were digressions to clarify a few items. The interview lasted a few minutes more than anticipated. It was a very good experience. For an informational interview it was very productive use of time and benficial.

Pricing Interview

Pricing
Baytown, TX (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview Details the process is stringent and laborious. I don't think there have to be 4 separate interviews to identify if a candidate is worthy of a job offer. Clearly the need for minorities is represented in the hiring practices.

Interview Question – na   Answer Question

Exploration Geophysicist Interview

Exploration Geophysicist

I applied through another source and the process took 5 months - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview Details I had to pursue interviewers at academic and professional conferences in order to get a first interview. The conference interview is about 30 min to 1 hr and covers your interests and where you would fit into the company. The second interview came about 6 weeks later and was a site visit. I gave a research focused job talk and met with 6-7 interviews - mostly managers and supervisors. This was much less formal than I anticipated (with the exception of the talk) and was mostly just friendly discussions, behavioral interview questions, and a chance for me to ask questions.

Interview Question – The most difficult part of the interview was fielding questions at the end of my job talk. It was clear that the industry and academic focuses were different so I recommend thinking about your talk from the industry perspective if you are coming from academia.   Answer Question

Research Engineer Interview

Research Engineer
Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2013.

Interview Details Campus interview. Submitted a resume. Called for HR interview. Interview went off fine, and I was told I'd hear back if they have an opening for someone with my skill set.

Interview Question – Standard HR questions - nothing that cannot be answered using a STAR approach. For example, did you work on this project alone or was this a team effort? What are the names of those who contributed to this project before you?   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Project Engineer

Interviewed at ExxonMobil

Interview Details For intern recruitment: there are 3 managers and 1 HR who interview me. The process is quite relaxing. At the begining, self-intro and resume-based questions are asked. After that, technical questions like: what is stress and strain curve for different materials are asked. Other than this, it's just like chatting.

Interview Question – Draw stress strain curve   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at ExxonMobil

Interview Details I interviewed with Exxon on campus. The recruiters collected resumes at the career fair and then chose a number of candidates for a campus interview. The interview questions were mostly behavioral like tell me about a time when you took the initiative to solve a problem. Another question was tell us about a time that you had a problem with a group member and what did you do.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you run out of resources and what did you do.   Answer Question

Material Intern Interview

Material Intern
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview Details There is two rounds. First round is submit application and especially my school results. The second round went to Harborfront office and met with my future boss. She was nice and asked me many behavioral questions. Then I got the offer.

Interview Question – How would you work with technicians to resolve a conflict, especially when they are older and more experienced than you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Didn't negotiate.

Worked for ExxonMobil? Contribute to the Community!