ExxonMobil Interview Questions

2.9

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Moncton, NB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moncton, NB

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2010.

Interview was oriented to find the skills that the perfect candidate would need , I didnt have the skill but I had the background so I was hired

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint John, NB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint John, NB

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at ExxonMobil in January 2010.

1 interview that lasted for 3 hours. All the questions are behavioral based questions like tell me one time when you had to make a risky decision and how it turned out...

Interview Questions
    • behavioral typed questions.. tell me how you dealt with a difficult co-worker   Answer Question

ExxonMobil Engineer Interview

I applied online and received an email from the recruiting captain at my school. I also applied on my school's career website. I interviewed in a small cubicle with an engineer. The interviewer mainly looked at my resume, chose a piece of resume, then asked for an example of me doing something during that activity. They'll ask you why their company, and my suggestion is to copy down phrases from the website, from alumni you talk to, and from the company website to use later when asked about the company. I've found it more comfortable to include the things an alumni told me when I answer this.

Watch your body posture even when your mind is preoccupied with the question at hand. If you are moving too stiffly or abruptly you will come off as tense. If you rarely wear your dress clothes, wear them before the interview at least once for a few hours so you don't feel to stiff or confined in them.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you motivated your team.

Tell me about how you problem solved in this experience on your resume.

Why ExxonMobil?

Why did you choose your major?
        View Answer

Geoscience Interview

I applied online - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Applied for an interview through school website and scheduled the interview within the week. The structure of the interview was just like I had seen on other reviews: I was asked about basically everything on my resume, down to the finest details. I was then asked about my plans for the future including long-term career goals. The interviewer then moved on the run-of-the mill interview questions ("tell me about a time when...."). The interviewer seemed to be going off of a list of questions until their timer went off signaling the end of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult or technical - just think about times when you had to work with a team, in a diverse environment, and had to come up with a novel idea.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

I applied online through school recruiting and then got the first round but never got heard back, It's the first interview I ever had but it's really good experience compared other companies later on.

Interview Questions
    • If you started doing a task but couldn't find more resources in the middle part, what would you do   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 months - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

I applied through campus recruiting. The online application was basically just uploading a resume and transcripts, and then filling in a few boxes with info from those documents. The interview was really laid back. The interviewer pretty much went through my resume and clarified a few things, and asked me some conversation-starter type questions. They did most of the talking.

Interview Questions
    • It looks from your resume as though you've set yourself up for a career in academia [as opposed to industry].   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

The application process is a 2 round process. In the first interview there are 2 people, one from HR and one technical engineer. During this first interview they ask some competency based questions and also some questions like why Exxon, what motivates you. Besides this i got also a technical question concerning the site. In the second interview, you'll meet your supervisor.

Chemical Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Typical online application followed by individual interview, questions were all behavioual based and split into sections to test different competancies: problem solving, personality, back ground, beliefs and values. All were expected to be answered in STAR format - situation, task, action and result.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time you ad to presuade someone and how you went about it?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

I spoke with a recruiter on campus and submitted a resume during our campus' career fair. I was contacted a week or so later for an on-campus interview. The interview was entirely behavioral, "tell me about a time when you dealt with x, y, or z." The interview was pretty relaxed and the interviewer did a good job of making it seem rather informal. Be sure to prepare specific examples of projects or teams you have worked on.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked specifically whether I had experience in data analysis and making recommendations for process changes based on that analysis.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2014.

It was a 30 minute, on campus interview which focused on my resume and interest in being a geologist. At the end I was asked to fill out an application online.

Interview Questions

Worked for ExxonMobil? Contribute to the Community!