ExxonMobil

ExxonMobil Interview Questions

Updated 2 Mar, 2015
Updated 2 Mar, 2015

Instrumentation and Controls Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2014.

Applied through careers site for a new grad position. Interview took place on campus and involved two employees who would I would not be working with if I gained the position. This was only the first round of the interviewing process and I was told the second round would take place with someone I would work with and would have more technical information. Questions were all behavioral based.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me of a time when you had to sacrifice quality to complete a task.   Answer Question

End User Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at ExxonMobil in June 2014.

Basic questions ...at the time I told them I have a willingness to learn.
    I would need training as I am not immediate but in between. I had some experience in application support with AutoCAD & installation, Active directory, remote desktop . The wiliness to learn & take instruction & I told them I was a hard worker.

Interview Questions
    Complex..a lot of paperwork to sign & fill out even after hired a lot of paperwork. Some was confusing.

Operations Manager Interview

Already had industry experience. Knew the hiring manager. Interview was not difficult.

Product Line Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moncton, NB
    Anonymous Employee in Moncton, NB

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at ExxonMobil in February 2012.

Got a call from the HR for the interview. Only one interview with two managers and the HR person. Each person did a separate interview. Took about an hour and a half. They asked me to fill out the background check as well and email it to them. Nothing too difficult.

Interview Questions
    • Just typical questions like why do you think that you are the most qualified candidate?   Answer Question

Engineering Student Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ExxonMobil in February 2012.

Applied for a co-op position through the company website and received a interview a few weeks later. The interview is about 45 minutes long and it was made up of mostly standard behaviour based questions.

Interview Questions
    • What I can remember:
      Describe a time where you had to analyze a large amount data and how did you approach it?
      What were your favourite courses and why?
      Describe a time where you had to work in a team environment?

Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moncton, NB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moncton, NB

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2010.

Interview was oriented to find the skills that the perfect candidate would need , I didnt have the skill but I had the background so I was hired

Facilities Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint John, NB
    Anonymous Employee in Saint John, NB

The process took a dayinterviewed at ExxonMobil in February 2010.

In interview process starts between 8:30 to 12:00, and it will be ended with a lunch. You will have two interview season and between each on them you have a chance to have a friendly chat with one of the experience employee in the company. They will also assign you an interview body, who will accompany you during whole interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a situation that you have a problem with your co worker. how you react to that situation?   View Answer

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint John, NB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint John, NB

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at ExxonMobil in January 2010.

1 interview that lasted for 3 hours. All the questions are behavioral based questions like tell me one time when you had to make a risky decision and how it turned out...

Interview Questions
    • behavioral typed questions.. tell me how you dealt with a difficult co-worker   Answer Question

Computer Science/Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2009.

I was interviewed for the co-op position, it was quite fair and no technical questions at all, all are behavior type questions that require you to provide very specific example(description, how to overcome the difficulties, the outcome ) So be prepared with specific examples that can demonstrate your soft skills and also some projects experiences if you're applying for a tech position.

Interview Questions
    • Please tell us a time that you've done beyond the requirements.   Answer Question

Procurement Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil.

I first met the recruiting team through a campus networking event. After establishing an initial rapport with the team, I was invited to participate in an on-campus interview. As far as I know, I was the only graduate student to receive an invite. The majority of candidates were undergraduates from the Supply Chain department. The first interview was entirely behavioral based. Lots of questions asking for examples of situations to assess my skills, character, and previous experiences . I found this first interview very straightforward and similar to other screening interviews. A few days later, I received an invitation to interview at the new ExxonMobil campus outside of Houston, TX.

A driver picked me up from the airpot and took me to a nice hotel near the ExxonMobil campus. That night the company treated me to a very nice dinner. I was very pleased with the no-pressure conversational tone of the dinner, and I was truly able to enjoy myself. The next morning, I was taken to the new campus where interviews started promptly at 8AM. I met with a variety of employees for 45 minute to 1 hour sessions. These interviews focused primarily on assessing my fit with the company culture. It was clear that my credentials were not in question at this point. The interviews continued until late into the afternoon with a break for lunch. The overall atmosphere was very relaxed, informative, and conversational and unlike any other second round interviews I have ever experienced. I hesitate to characterize the interview process as easy, but compared to the high pressure atmosphere of other interviews, I found the process at ExxonMobil considerably more casual. I was thoroughly impressed with the entire process.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me what you know about ExxonMobil.   View Answer