ExxonMobil Interview Questions & Reviews

264 interviews

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Moncton, NB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moncton, NB

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2010.

Interview was oriented to find the skills that the perfect candidate would need , I didnt have the skill but I had the background so I was hired

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint John, NB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint John, NB

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at ExxonMobil in January 2010.

1 interview that lasted for 3 hours. All the questions are behavioral based questions like tell me one time when you had to make a risky decision and how it turned out...

Interview Questions
    • behavioral typed questions.. tell me how you dealt with a difficult co-worker   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2013.

I was contacted by a recruitment team coming to campus that invited me to come interview with the team. I scheduled a time with the team through my university Career Center and on the day of the interview, I was walked to the interview room with an employee and was interviewed by a panel of the recruitment team.

Interview Questions
    • There was a lot of behavioral questions, no specific question jumps out as difficult, so I would recommend doing some reflection on your strengths, weaknesses and experiences.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineering Interview

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Met at a career fair and only talked briefly but handed the recruiter my resume. Was invited to an informal lunch interview where we were introduced to the company and were able to ask any questions we had. Students were given the chance to tell about our experience. Subsequently invited for a formal interview on campus. Interview consisted of fairly standard behavioral interview questions. "Tell me about a time when..." A week or so later I was informed that I had been recommended to move on and eventually got a call from a location in Houston where I had a final phone interview before receiving an offer.

Interview Questions
    • In the phone interview I was asked what my technical strengths were.   Answer Question
    As it was an internship and the compensation was several times better than anywhere else I had heard of I did not attempt to negotiate.

Engineering Support Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2010.

I was recruited during their on-campus interview process for an internship. Attended school's career fair, dropped off my resume, and was contacted within a few days to schedule an on-campus interview. Interviewed with them the following week. After interview, probably took about 3 months to receive an internship offer. After successful internship, was offered a full-time position upon graduation.

Interview Questions
    ExxonMobil doesn't like to tell you where you'll be placed when they make you an offer. I was able to negotiate that I'd definitely be placed in Fairfax (rather than Houston) and that my pay should be higher to account for the much higher cost of living in Fairfax.

Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

I applied for an on-campus interview through the campus career services site during the annual recruitment and interview period. Met recruiter in person during scheduled interview days in student union. Duration was about one half hour, fairly typical one on one interview setup except for the approach the recruiter took.

Interview Questions
    • The recruiter essentially just looked at my resume and picked things to ask me about; but focused on more minor extracurricular activities rather than on the relevant experience that I had. Differed from the typical behavioral interview in that I wasn't able to pick the best examples from all my experiences to answer questions, but was forced to discuss the topics that the recruiter chose.   Answer Question

I interviewed through other source - interviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2013.

The interview was on the phone. It was very polite and followed structured questions set by the company. There were digressions to clarify a few items. The interview lasted a few minutes more than anticipated. It was a very good experience. For an informational interview it was very productive use of time and benficial.

Pricing Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Baytown, TX (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Baytown, TX (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

the process is stringent and laborious. I don't think there have to be 4 separate interviews to identify if a candidate is worthy of a job offer. Clearly the need for minorities is represented in the hiring practices.

Exploration Geophysicist Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 5 months - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

I had to pursue interviewers at academic and professional conferences in order to get a first interview. The conference interview is about 30 min to 1 hr and covers your interests and where you would fit into the company. The second interview came about 6 weeks later and was a site visit. I gave a research focused job talk and met with 6-7 interviews - mostly managers and supervisors. This was much less formal than I anticipated (with the exception of the talk) and was mostly just friendly discussions, behavioral interview questions, and a chance for me to ask questions.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part of the interview was fielding questions at the end of my job talk. It was clear that the industry and academic focuses were different so I recommend thinking about your talk from the industry perspective if you are coming from academia.   Answer Question

Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2013.

Campus interview. Submitted a resume. Called for HR interview. Interview went off fine, and I was told I'd hear back if they have an opening for someone with my skill set.

Interview Questions
    • Standard HR questions - nothing that cannot be answered using a STAR approach. For example, did you work on this project alone or was this a team effort? What are the names of those who contributed to this project before you?   Answer Question

Worked for ExxonMobil? Contribute to the Community!