ExxonMobil Interview Questions

Updated 29 Oct, 2014
Updated 29 Oct, 2014

Instrumentation and Controls Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2014.

Applied through careers site for a new grad position. Interview took place on campus and involved two employees who would I would not be working with if I gained the position. This was only the first round of the interviewing process and I was told the second round would take place with someone I would work with and would have more technical information. Questions were all behavioral based.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me of a time when you had to sacrifice quality to complete a task.   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Already had industry experience. Knew the hiring manager. Interview was not difficult.

Engineering Student Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ExxonMobil in February 2012.

Applied for a co-op position through the company website and received a interview a few weeks later. The interview is about 45 minutes long and it was made up of mostly standard behaviour based questions.

Interview Questions
    • What I can remember:
      Describe a time where you had to analyze a large amount data and how did you approach it?
      What were your favourite courses and why?
      Describe a time where you had to work in a team environment?
        Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moncton, NB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moncton, NB

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2010.

Interview was oriented to find the skills that the perfect candidate would need , I didnt have the skill but I had the background so I was hired

Facilities Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint John, NB

The process took a dayinterviewed at ExxonMobil in February 2010.

In interview process starts between 8:30 to 12:00, and it will be ended with a lunch. You will have two interview season and between each on them you have a chance to have a friendly chat with one of the experience employee in the company. They will also assign you an interview body, who will accompany you during whole interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a situation that you have a problem with your co worker. how you react to that situation?   View Answer

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint John, NB

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at ExxonMobil in January 2010.

1 interview that lasted for 3 hours. All the questions are behavioral based questions like tell me one time when you had to make a risky decision and how it turned out...

Interview Questions
    • behavioral typed questions.. tell me how you dealt with a difficult co-worker   Answer Question

Computer Science/engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2009.

I was interviewed for the co-op position, it was quite fair and no technical questions at all, all are behavior type questions that require you to provide very specific example(description, how to overcome the difficulties, the outcome ) So be prepared with specific examples that can demonstrate your soft skills and also some projects experiences if you're applying for a tech position.

Interview Questions
    • Please tell us a time that you've done beyond the requirements.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil.

Applied online and received a request for an interview through school job search page. Interviewed on site, was a very straight forward behavioral interview. Interviewer was very nice and informative. He told me about what roles I might be performing on site and a little more about what the internship process would be like.

Interview Questions
    • What was one time you had to convince others that your approach to a problem was the correct approach.   Answer Question

Industrial Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fawley, Hampshire, South East England, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Applied via the EMEC event. Application was just a CV and then online numerical test before actual EMEC event. Competency based telephone and then face to face interview. Friendly and welcoming atmosphere.

Interview Questions
    • A tinge you have worked as part of a team   View Answer

Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil.

I was first invited to dinner on campus. I had another outstanding offer and they were very accommodating. Quickly did first round phone interview and then they sent me to Houston the next week for 2 more interviews. Interview Process was very structured and thorough. All interviews were very relaxed and conversational.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time when your problem-solving technique was not working and how you changed it.
      Talk about a time when you had to use data analysis to solve a problem.
      Know your resume (as always) and have stories for everything.
        Answer Question
    Negotiating as an intern is probably not your best bet.