ExxonMobil Interview Questions

Updated 26 Oct, 2014
Updated 26 Oct, 2014

2.9

Instrumentation and Controls Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2014.

Applied through careers site for a new grad position. Interview took place on campus and involved two employees who would I would not be working with if I gained the position. This was only the first round of the interviewing process and I was told the second round would take place with someone I would work with and would have more technical information. Questions were all behavioral based.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me of a time when you had to sacrifice quality to complete a task.   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Already had industry experience. Knew the hiring manager. Interview was not difficult.

Engineering Student Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ExxonMobil in February 2012.

Applied for a co-op position through the company website and received a interview a few weeks later. The interview is about 45 minutes long and it was made up of mostly standard behaviour based questions.

Interview Questions
    • What I can remember:
      Describe a time where you had to analyze a large amount data and how did you approach it?
      What were your favourite courses and why?
      Describe a time where you had to work in a team environment?
        Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moncton, NB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moncton, NB

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2010.

Interview was oriented to find the skills that the perfect candidate would need , I didnt have the skill but I had the background so I was hired

Facilities Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint John, NB

The process took a dayinterviewed at ExxonMobil in February 2010.

In interview process starts between 8:30 to 12:00, and it will be ended with a lunch. You will have two interview season and between each on them you have a chance to have a friendly chat with one of the experience employee in the company. They will also assign you an interview body, who will accompany you during whole interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a situation that you have a problem with your co worker. how you react to that situation?   View Answer

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint John, NB

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at ExxonMobil in January 2010.

1 interview that lasted for 3 hours. All the questions are behavioral based questions like tell me one time when you had to make a risky decision and how it turned out...

Interview Questions
    • behavioral typed questions.. tell me how you dealt with a difficult co-worker   Answer Question

Computer Science/engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2009.

I was interviewed for the co-op position, it was quite fair and no technical questions at all, all are behavior type questions that require you to provide very specific example(description, how to overcome the difficulties, the outcome ) So be prepared with specific examples that can demonstrate your soft skills and also some projects experiences if you're applying for a tech position.

Interview Questions
    • Please tell us a time that you've done beyond the requirements.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil.

Applied online and received a request for an interview through school job search page. Interviewed on site, was a very straight forward behavioral interview. Interviewer was very nice and informative. He told me about what roles I might be performing on site and a little more about what the internship process would be like.

Interview Questions
    • What was one time you had to convince others that your approach to a problem was the correct approach.   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at ExxonMobil.

The basic process of a phone interview then a whole day of on-site interviewing with management and peers. the on-sire interview will also include a plant tour. make sure to make it a point that you understand the equipment present in the plant.

Interview Questions
    • None. Be sure to ask numerous questions at the on-site interview this is your time to figure out if you want to work for this company if you are an experienced hire. IF there is any hint of incompetency on any of the hiring managers part then most probably your gut is correct.   Answer Question
    Non- negotiable

Intern Interview

I applied through the school. After I applied to hey contacted me for an on campus interview. I then interviewed on campus. Within two weeks I was told that my file had been accepted and sent to hiring managers. Then I was told in a week that I was being flown out for on site interviews. Got offer at the end.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you worked in a group and group members disagreed with you?   Answer Question